How much is my C5 worth?
  • Register
  • Help
    TRT

Icon9 How much is my C5 worth?

Am contemplating a reduction in our car fleet and have to decide what to do with the existing vehicles

I have no problems with the C4 or Mirage - they're pretty easy to work out. But the C5 is a bit rarer, and I can't seem to find any comparison vehicles. It's one of the first three of the 2.2 litre (twin turbo diesel) C5 Exclusives to come into the country in 2011. At the time I paid just over $60,000 on the road. It's now out of lease and 37 months old.

Advertisement

While the 2 litre version is fairly common, I can't seem to find any 2.2s around. Any ideas on what I should ask for it ? Has 65,000 on the clock.

Still haven't made up my mind whether the C5 will be the vehicle for me to sell (it's a brilliant car to drive), but that will depend on what it might be worth. I'm up for new tyres ($2000 for four), and timing belt (another $2,000 i expect) in next 30,000 km.

TRT

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

there's a couple of older twin turbos on carsales..

2007 Citroen C5 SX HDi MY06 Sports Automatic

2007 Citroen C5 SX HDi MY06 Sports Automatic

How much is it worth ?? the amount you can get someone to pay for it is the obvious answer

I didn't realise the X7 series came with the twin turbo ... Is it the older shape The best way to pick it's year is to look at the build plate. It never seems to match the "first registered" date

Wouldn't it be the V6 diesel of 2litre if it was a 2011 model

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

1000+ Posts

In 2010 (manufacture date) the X7 (current shape) had both the 2.0 and 2.2 engines replaced by the current 2.0 DW10C Euro 5 compliant version. They showed up here later, with the LEDs in front instead of bulbs, in 2011. The chevron grille was rounded off in 2012.

It's a hard one. I had an '06 2.2tt diesel with sunroof, sat nav, and everything possible including a 'juke box' hard drive capable of storing 2000 tracks ( think). Metallic beige, cream leather, done 50,000 odd K's and ex motor show 'special demo' import and paid $26,000 for it in 2009. It was a fantastic car in absolutely showroom condition. The problem was that it continually went wrong and the dealer (Brisbane) couldn't fix it. Went into 'limp mode' now and then, tyre pressure sensors warnings non stop - weird electrical problems that appeared and went away on their own and so on.
    Anyway, I digress - I traded it after 6 months because the passenger's side developed a loud irritating whine every time I drove it, and she wouldn't shut up.
    When I tried to trade it on a Renault, they wouldn't even give me a price. Said it was too unusual, and they didn't know anything about that model. Citroen would only trade it back on a later Citroen, and wouldn't buy it at any price. I did finally trade it on a demo Peugeot 3008 and they gave me $18,000 trade in and wholesaled it to somebody who particularly wanted one for his own car.
    None of this will help, but it might be hard to shift unless you go for another Citroen.
    My guess is that 3 years old, you will be looking around the high $20k's. Hope I'm wrong, but.........any wiser ones with comments?
    I might act like an idiot, and I might look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you: I really AM an idiot!

Fellow Frogger

I'd thought the car in question was one of a handful imported with the then new DW12C engine and that it had a large single turbo instead of the earlier twin turbo version used in the old shape cars. Anyway, it will be less common than the 2.0 and 2.7/3.0HDi cars sold at about the same time. I'd be thinking you you would place it somewhere between the more common 2.7/3.0 and 2.0 Exclusive with the uprated DW10 engine from about the same year. Although it might have cost as much as a 2.7/3.0, I suspect most of the buying public is going to see it as closer to a 2.0 Exclusive than as a separate model. Other than that, you might talk to one of the older dealers who might actually know what it is and be able to give you a better idea of value.

Fellow Frogger!

I struggled to get 50% on a 3 year old bmw 320 sold towards the end of last year. Citroens are not renowned for maintaining their value and you need to be patient in finding the right person, otherwise pray for 20-25k.

WRB
    Fellow Frogger!

Just sold my Wagon for $10,000. 84000klm on the clock. Well used so, a few scatches. I hated selling it as it was a good one (no breakdowns) But it wasn't getting used much as the kids have grown up. Great family holiday car and, realy easy and comfortable around town as well. I cannot fault it. Be carefull with the 2.2 as it has 2 turbos that cost a fortune if they go bang!

Thread Information