who said BX's cost you money?--chipping a Tri?
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default who said BX's cost you money?--chipping a Tri?

Hello

My previous parts Tri rear ended in street ..sad face
    But I was paid handsomely (privately) for my trouble..happy face

I have now acquired a 'new' TRi after the recent unfortunate-ness with previous Tri.
    (sorry to those who inquired about parts)

Does anyone know anything about the possibility and availability to "chip" a Bosche Tri..

Advertisement

I'd love to delve into the deeper reserves or power/torque/flexibility after reading how they are usually tuned to suit the average user, with a largish margin for error etc..

This new TRi will be a trouper... body rough as hell, (largely similar to previous TRi), but screamingly quick already!!

Truly these car not only cost nothing to run.. but if you get hit by someone, they get written off as commercial write off, you get a few grand,..No black mark or inspection required to register...For that matter your existing registration is still valid..(ala my experience with the GT)

Think I'll drive fleet of BX's around all day and wait for someone to hit me..!!! with Canberra drivers the way they are, I think I'm onto a winner...

Keep up the good spirit... I just done something similar with my wife's car. A guy drove in the passenger door, he didn't want to do it through insurance. I got a quote to get the door fixed and he paid the quote in cash. I left the minor dent as the paint work wasn't effected. Just scraped of his paint and polished the door and only a small dent remained. :sly: It paid truly for my new bx front window and your 3rd brake light a full service change or a 100liters of LHM... :p

Hopefully your new tri doesn't like to hog the garage as much as the average bx does.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by jorgen View Post
    Keep up the good spirit... I just done something similar with my wife's car. A guy drove in the passenger door, he didn't want to do it through insurance. I got a quote to get the door fixed and he paid the quote in cash. I left the minor dent as the paint work wasn't effected. Just scraped of his paint and polished the door and only a small dent remained. :sly: It paid truly for my new bx front window and your 3rd brake light a full service change or a 100liters of LHM... :p

Hopefully your new tri doesn't like to hog the garage as much as the average bx does.
    Car is gone but the hi mount 3rd light was not fitted at the time...so still available to you!!

My BX's have been sooooooo reliable.. I can't see where the problem is
    Last edited by 2bxornot2bx; 18th May 2014 at 11:55 PM.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by 2bxornot2bx View Post
    My BX's have been sooooooo reliable.. I can't see where the problem is
    You should know better than to say that, let alone think it. Although I can confirm, apart from usual wear & tear (alternator, belts) my BX has been pretty solid once the return lines have been replaced from the subframe forward & BakerBM silicone coolant hoses are fitted.

Yes you are right. They are good mechanically and relative simple too, it is just the opinion of many and often the servicing of the vehicle has been neglected as people think they are bottomless money pits. Only the electrics can be problematic.

PeterT on this forum does chips to suit (205 GTI based)..

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by renault12 View Post
    PeterT on this forum does chips to suit (205 GTI based)..
    Quote Originally Posted by jorgen View Post
    Yes you are right. They are good mechanically and relative simple too, it is just the opinion of many and often the servicing of the vehicle has been neglected as people think they are bottomless money pits. Only the electrics can be problematic.
    @renault12..I'll check it out thanks
    @Jorgen...The electrics can be interesting...They can be organic in nature..They seem grow and evolve and adapt...The 5 relays for the air cond are very surreal..

Thread Information