1961 ID19 oil pressure switch busted NEED HELP!
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default 1961 ID19 oil pressure switch busted NEED HELP!

1961 ID19 oil pressure switch busted NEED HELP!-dscf1120.jpg
    Hello, I need oil pressure switch for my ID19 from 1961.

Advertisement

It was me broke it. Pressure light was not coming on so I decided to pull it out and now it is leaking hydraulic fluid from there.

I forgot to make measurement of thread. I think it might be M10.

Please let me know if you know the specification of this device. I need to know the max pressure level.

I am sure generic one should be ok but I have no info about original one.

Thanks
    1961 Citroen ID19(2010~), Holden Frontera(R.I.P 2002-2014), Honda Accord EURO(2006~)

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

it'll be after market, they didn't have an oil pressure switch from the factory. Is it into the big bolt at the bottom back of the engine

seeya,
    shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Hello Shane this one is factory fitted one. I can see it on the parts list but no part number. It is on the hydraulic line
    Under the passenger side near height corrector. This is connected to one of dash red light.
    1961 Citroen ID19(2010~), Holden Frontera(R.I.P 2002-2014), Honda Accord EURO(2006~)

:rofmao: I was thinking oil pressure switch. Yes it's the factory hydraulic pressure switch no I look at the piccie. I should have one here somewhere. I'll have to search around........
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Doesn't it screw into the priority valve? My CX has one just like it?
    Cheers Gerry

Hello yes Shane please find me one if you can be bothered ..,,,,
    If you measure the input and body, it should measure short circuit ( normally closed) that means it is working. I think there is rubber inside and I punctured mine with tiny screw driver. It works now but because of puncture it leaks.

Do you know the pressure produced by single hydraulic pump? In case I need to get third party one , I need to know the pressure level. Otherwise I recon it will shoot through....

Quote Originally Posted by gerrypro View Post
    Doesn't it screw into the priority valve? My CX has one just like it?
    It is connected to something looks like divider 4 high pressure pipe and one return pipe is connected to this block
    It shows on the id 19 parts list.
    Thanks

That's the priority valve!
    Cheers Gerry

UPDATE, I measured thread and it is 1.25mm thread and I think it is M10 but measured with calliper it is 8.9mm.
    I went to Tridon site but I cannot find same one. SO I prefer If I can get old one off car. Someone?

yeah I should have on here somewhere. I'll have a look around tonight if I manage to get out to the shed.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post
    yeah I should have on here somewhere. I'll have a look around tonight if I manage to get out to the shed.
    Thanks SHane much appreciated! It was in fact M9 x 1.25 thread. M9 stuff is very hard to find as well. I went to tool shop and bought a die( M9 x 1.25) just in case I need to use other switch....
    Please let me know if you find one. Thank you!

It also need to be LHS version......
    Thanks

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by caparobertsan View Post
    Thanks SHane much appreciated! It was in fact M9 x 1.25 thread. M9 stuff is very hard to find as well. I went to tool shop and bought a die( M9 x 1.25) just in case I need to use other switch....
    Please let me know if you find one. Thank you!
    This hydraulic pressure switch is a dedicated Citroen part and must be replaced by the correct Citroen item. This switch controls a tell-tale light on the dash when the main system pressure drops below 782 - 1066 psi. It is subjected to the full main system pressure so please dont attempt to replace it with something cobbled up.
    roger

It's fine, I''ll have one here somewhere, I just need to find the time to go and look.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Quote Originally Posted by lhs2.1 View Post
    This hydraulic pressure switch is a dedicated Citroen part and must be replaced by the correct Citroen item. This switch controls a tell-tale light on the dash when the main system pressure drops below 782 - 1066 psi. It is subjected to the full main system pressure so please dont attempt to replace it with something cobbled up.
    roger
    Hello roger
    Ok thanks for your info. I bought engine oil pressure sensor witch require only 4 psi to open so it is no go.
    It is impossible to find correct one in good working condition
    I will wait for Shane.
    Thank you

Fellow Frogger!

I'm coming into this thread a little late as when I first came in, I thought you were talking about an oil pressure switch. Roger has jolted me into looking at this thread again.
    I would be pretty certain that I have what you need. My 1960 French ID (wreck) would have one. If Shane can't put his hands on one; I should be able to help you out. I'm sorry, I've been so slack but I've been very busy with different jobs. --- Michael

I have looked parts list and Yes I have found a part number. It was under "electrical". 1961 ID19 oil pressure switch busted NEED HELP!-dm614-02.jpg
    DM614-02

Just for your information. It is quite simple inside. Very strong spring inside. I punctured LHS rubber where pointed with scribe.
    Pressure from hole pushes rubber and it pushes another brass pin and non conductive pin which will push spring and it will open circuit and lamp will goes off.
    1961 ID19 oil pressure switch busted NEED HELP!-img_0538.jpg

Fellow Frogger

It would be interesting to know whether the later switches intended for LHM would be resistant to LHS/brake fluid. I'd assume the thread is the same. Also that the switching pressure is not critical and the LHM switches would be in the same sort of range of switching pressure. The LHM variety are easy enough to find used and even new, so whether you can use one on a red fluid car might depend only on whether the rubber used is OK with any fluid or just LHM. Anyone? Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post
    It would be interesting to know whether the later switches intended for LHM would be resistant to LHS/brake fluid. I'd assume the thread is the same. Also that the switching pressure is not critical and the LHM switches would be in the same sort of range of switching pressure. The LHM variety are easy enough to find used and even new, so whether you can use one on a red fluid car might depend only on whether the rubber used is OK with any fluid or just LHM. Anyone? Anyone?
    Hello, David S
    Yes I think LHM one is exactly the same because of different rubber is used, no one will recommend it to use on LHS car. I asked German site and they have no stock.... And One UK site told me even LHM one is hard to get.

Mine was intermittent( dirty contact pieces) and If I know what was inside and I would have just left alone....
    That little part made my car undrivable!

It doesn't matter, I'll have several LHS ones here, I just need to find time to get outside and find them. I''ve got trays of rusted LHS hydraulic bits sitting on a shelf.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Thanks Shane!

Fellow Frogger!

Only on a Heidelberg ID. My early French ID (wreck), having a separate master cylinder, does not have the pressure switch we are looking for. I can't find it on my French ID Safari (wreck) but have located it on my '63 Heidelberg ID but it "ain't" a wreck.
    I was sure I could locate one! I should have one on the parts cars in QLD but I won't be up there for some time.
    Did you have any luck finding one Shane. It's a bit of a bugger that I can't help Kazu at this stage. ---- Michael

Yeah I've got one here. There located on the firewall, behind the inner guard after you remove the front passenger side guard. They are screwed into the priority valves as Gerry says above.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Quote Originally Posted by IDear View Post
    Only on a Heidelberg ID. My early French ID (wreck), having a separate master cylinder, does not have the pressure switch we are looking for. I can't find it on my French ID Safari (wreck) but have located it on my '63 Heidelberg ID but it "ain't" a wreck.
    I was sure I could locate one! I should have one on the parts cars in QLD but I won't be up there for some time.
    Did you have any luck finding one Shane. It's a bit of a bugger that I can't help Kazu at this stage. ---- Michael
    NO WORRIES! I MIGHT HAVE A SOLUTION. I will wait for shane to find one for me. Do you have that Sun visor for passenger side?
    Thank you

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information