Any ZX estates in Aus ?
  • Help
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By rmac
  • 1 Post By andrewj

Thread: Any ZX estates in Aus ?

Tadpole

Icon7 Any ZX estates in Aus ?

Hello there, 1st ever post, so bear with me. The Mrs and I plan to emigrate to Aus in 12-18 months (if you'll have us-looking at Perth or Melbourne). We will certainly be bringing our cars( 3x zx aura TD estates/breaks-do you guys call them wagons?) and a pug 405 executive TD.

I know the zx was never exported down under by citroen and those there are all personal imports but are there any estate cars?

what about diesels? these engines are dirty by modern standards, is that a problem?

also, was you aware that the xud engings can run on veg oil without problem so long as it has the BOSCH pump? I have been doing this the past 8 years, costs peanuts.

thanks,

Advertisement

Welcome to aussiefrogs :-)

If you come to Perth you will be able to join French and Fantastic Automobile Club. There are over 90 Citroen owners making up around 60% of the membership I believe. Those owners have a wide range of Citroens so it will be great to have a 'new' model in the club.
    Current Cars
    Australia's 2016 C5 2.0HDi Last
    2011 C5 2.0HDi Comfort
    1973 Citroen D Super 5,
    1981 Citroen CX 2400 Pallas C-matic,
    1981 Citroen CX 2400ie Super Familiale C-matic - Raid Arctique 2014
    1991 Mazda E2200
    1924 Citroen 'la petit citron'

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Hi There,

Don't take this the wrong way ( ). But those cars are worthless in Australia. You can find rust free 405's out here cheaply. The cost of importing a ZX will massively outweight it's value once here (there is no market for them really. You'll have to import any parts it needs from the UK).

To make bringing in a car worthwhile, it needs to be something that people will desire ... eg: Renault Alpines etc, Citroen CX turbos, Hvans, 2cv's etc.....

seeya,
    shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post
    To make bringing in a car worthwhile, it needs to be something that people will desire ... eg: Renault Alpines etc, Citroen CX turbos, Hvans, 2cv's etc.....

seeya,
    shane L.
    What he said. Bring in a 2CV, they seem to be worth more than gold here...

The above two posts seem to assume that it is being brought in for financial reasons. I thought owning a Citroen was not about the money but the enjoyment. Citroens are in the same category as boats as far as money is concerned. You might as well have something you enjoy! :-) If we based our ownership of a Citroen on purely financial factors we'd not have one!
    donat and addo like this.
    Current Cars
    Australia's 2016 C5 2.0HDi Last
    2011 C5 2.0HDi Comfort
    1973 Citroen D Super 5,
    1981 Citroen CX 2400 Pallas C-matic,
    1981 Citroen CX 2400ie Super Familiale C-matic - Raid Arctique 2014
    1991 Mazda E2200
    1924 Citroen 'la petit citron'

Is there a limit on how many cars you can bring in? Rather than brining in cars that will be very low value orphans here, I think you should buy something you can have a bit of fun with for a year and sell for a good price when you get here. I'm thinking a Caterham or a 3 year old C63 AMG - both of which are worth much more here than in the UK!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard W View Post
    Is there a limit on how many cars you can bring in? Rather than brining in cars that will be very low value orphans here, I think you should buy something you can have a bit of fun with for a year and sell for a good price when you get here. I'm thinking a Caterham or a 3 year old C63 AMG - both of which are worth much more here than in the UK!
    That. Unless it has monumental nostalgic value, leave it there.

And yes, they are dirty. You will be able to register them, but most people who have to share traffic with them would prefer you didn't.

I'm looking for the next paragraph where you try to tell him, don't come at all...

Hi Mr Breaker,

Bring your ZX's out and enjoy them! Big Country and long flat and mostly straight roads should suit them well.

None were sold here - you will have the only ZX in the village so pack a few bulky / likely to been needed bits in the back, as postage from UK/Europe is exorbitant. China might be a better option for parts - many Beijing taxis are ZX's

Wouldn't worry about pollution to much - it's a big empty country and wind blows from west to east, so if you are in Perth, Smelbourne will cope it eventually, and if you are in Melbourne, next stop is Peru, or Chile, depending on the day.

Please excuse the money focused posts from others - Australians are a little mortgage/money obsessed at the moment, but presumably it will pass...

Cheers,
    Andrew
    addo likes this.

Driving - '90 XM, '85 CX IE Auto, 406 Coupe, 405 srdt wagon, '78 dyane, Resting (or Rusting): '73 Birotor '82 CX Presitige, '81 CX Break IE, GS X2, GS1015 Wagon, GS 1300 5sp Wagon, '76 GS 1220 Wagon, '75 GS Wagon, '58 2CV, '58 Vauxhall Velox

ZX's are around. one just sold at auction here in Melbourne for only a few hundred dollars. Sounds like you love em and thats a great way to be.

Can you bring me over a series 2 XM estate 😆

Via the aussiefrogs App
    CitroŽn's that own me

- 2008 C5 X7 Tourer (Estate) 2.7 DoubleTurbo Diesel UHZJ - V6.

CitroŽn's that formally owned me

- 1990 BX TRI Estate Manual. .. . "Phoenix" - "Donated to Science"
    - 1990 BX TRI Estate Auto. (Traded In)
    - 1987 BX TRI Hatch.

-------------------------------------------------------------
    Australian Citroen BX - All about the Citroen BX in Oz
    -------------------------------------------------------------

Tadpole

If the cars are built after 1st Jan 1989 (which if memory serves all ZX are) unfortunately you're going to be limited to only bring 1 each under the personal import rules.

You can only bring 1 per person and it needs to have been registered and be able to show continual usage (show insurance docs, receipts in the correct name, etc) by that person for a 12 full months preceding applying for the personal import application.

Pre-1989 you can bring as many as you like.

Thread Information