Citroen DS tool kit.
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Citroen DS tool kit.

Default Citroen DS tool kit.

I know it's not strictly original, but I found a tool wrap the other day, kind of generic and un branded which I liked. It's not perfect but has worked out pretty well. As you can see, I have lost/misplaced a couple of tools, particularly my wooden handled Philips head screwdriver, if anyone has any surplus factory tools, I would be an eager bidder.

Here is the link if anyone else is after one, not bad for $25.00

12 Pocket Leather Tool Roll 11207 | eBay

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Citroen DS tool kit.-toolkit.jpg   Citroen DS tool kit.-toolkit-2.jpg  

I need to get my tool kit together too!!! Prime thing I need is source is the DS spark plug, 2 piece box spanner. I too would be an eager bidder.
    And a question. One 'D' I had in the seventies had a wooden wheel chock, about 75 x 50mm section and 200mm long with a scallop taken out to fit behind a wheel and stop the car rolling. Can anyone tell me if this was incorporated as a standard tool at any time?

SF

Yeah, well that wouldn't fit in the tool wrap, would it?

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by ScotFrog View Post
    I need to get my tool kit together too!!! Prime thing I need is source is the DS spark plug, 2 piece box spanner. I too would be an eager bidder.
    And a question. One 'D' I had in the seventies had a wooden wheel chock, about 75 x 50mm section and 200mm long with a scallop taken out to fit behind a wheel and stop the car rolling. Can anyone tell me if this was incorporated as a standard tool at any time?

SF
    Well I do know they were standard on 2CV's, fitting neatly in the spare wheel well. Unfortunately mine came without one, but I am lead to understand they were oak, being able to handle moisture etc.
    The only french oak I have is somewhat barell shaped and contains quite a few litres of port - so I am not going to sacrifice it to make one (one of the advantages of having a daughter in the wine industry, old Yalumba Octavius barrel plus port makes for pleasant winter evenings :-) hic)
    Peter
    1950 11BL
    1970 AZUA "La Poste" van
    1986 2CV Dolly (red and white)
    2004 C5 HDi silver 2.0L

What are the contents of a standard D toolkit of the 1970s?

How did that change from earlier times...?

Paul in Canberra

1974 DS Safari (aka Sophie Safari)
    1972 SM (aka Simone, aka S'Moan)
    Subaru WRX

good question, i don't know the answer. I think the tool kits changed frequently. Most of the cars I have ver had were all different. Unfortunately, I never had the opportunity to buy a new DS, so it's difficult know for sure, but the kit I'm trying to put together is close to everything I have ever seen. I have a picture of Len Drews tool kit which is probably as close as you can get to reference.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Citroen DS tool kit.-lens-d.jpg   Citroen DS tool kit.-tool-kit.jpg  

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peter O View Post
    Well I do know they were standard on 2CV's, fitting neatly in the spare wheel well. Unfortunately mine came without one, but I am lead to understand they were oak, being able to handle moisture etc.
    The only french oak I have is somewhat barell shaped and contains quite a few litres of port - so I am not going to sacrifice it to make one (one of the advantages of having a daughter in the wine industry, old Yalumba Octavius barrel plus port makes for pleasant winter evenings :-) hic)
    Drink up, my man. We need the wood.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

If I drink up I'll never get wood...

Franzose sell new repro kits if you want to know what goes in it.

That's quite differently presented to the one pictured above.

Did Heidelberg Dees come with anything more than the wheel changing/crank starting tools?

Slough Dees came with English tools. I have a few, but probably not the whole collection. I reason if I chuck a few old-looking English spanners in there, no one will know the difference.

Roger

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Wilkinson View Post
    Slough Dees came with English tools. I have a few, but probably not the whole collection. I reason if I chuck a few old-looking English spanners in there, no one will know the difference.

Roger
    Roger,
    Here are the tools for the earliest Slough cars. Like you I dont have a full set.
    other roger

Citroen DS tool kit.-ds19toolsmotordec56.jpgCitroen DS tool kit.-ds19toolsautocardec56.jpg

Did they have toolkits because of the fact it's metric and locally made cars were imperial?
    1972 SM
    1989 BX 16 Valve

Quote Originally Posted by donat View Post
    Did they have toolkits because of the fact it's metric and locally made cars were imperial?
    Just a European thing I reckon.

I had a Fiat and a Lancia way back then and both came standard with a basic tool kit.

John

Quote Originally Posted by JAJEA View Post
    Yes, even the lada (cheapest car) came with a toolkit. Nearly all cars used to have a basic toolset. It disappeared in the middle to late eighties, when nearly all autobahn had phone posts... Jorgen.

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAJEA View Post

I had a Fiat and a Lancia way back then and both came standard with a basic tool kit.

John
    True dat. In all of the US cars I've seen, the tool kit was a bumper jack and a lug nut wrench which doubled as the jack handle. Every great once in a while, we got a mediocre bulb and fuse kit- almost always a dealer accessory.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by mberry View Post
    good question, i don't know the answer. I think the tool kits changed frequently. Most of the cars I have ver had were all different. Unfortunately, I never had the opportunity to buy a new DS, so it's difficult know for sure, but the kit I'm trying to put together is close to everything I have ever seen. I have a picture of Len Drews tool kit which is probably as close as you can get to reference.
    That is the closest you can get to reference because Len's D Super 5 IS reference.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Icon3

I just had one of those, cripes!! I've never seen that before moments - they're becoming more frequent

German site, DS-Freunde.de are having a discussion on tools supplied with the id/D models, where they're located and there uses.

Anyone seen the jack support used like this? Apparently it is shown in the German Handbook, but I note not in English versions I have looked at. . .

Now, confession time too - for this I need a good 'Trout Slap'

I know the same tool is designed to be used to remove the large hubcaps, and I have used it in this way, but incorrectly!! - I just use the hook on the edge of the hubcap and pull

The correct method is to insert the hook into the air valve filler hole, then position the rod part onto the wheel rim and lever the hubcap off - seen here. . .

Learning all the time, la la la

Cheers
    Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Citroen DS tool kit.-ds-handbook-tools3.jpg   Citroen DS tool kit.-ds-handbook-tools2.jpg  
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Quote Originally Posted by Hotrodelectric View Post
    True dat. In all of the US cars I've seen, the tool kit was a bumper jack and a lug nut wrench which doubled as the jack handle. Every great once in a while, we got a mediocre bulb and fuse kit- almost always a dealer accessory.
    Sitting on my table, not for sale, is a brand spanking new, USA tool kit, still in the paper wrap. We removed it from the safe when the garage closed.

Icon6

Quote Originally Posted by daffyduck View Post
    Sitting on my table, not for sale, is a brand spanking new, USA tool kit, still in the paper wrap. We removed it from the safe when the garage closed.
    Hi daffy, I would love to see pictures as I'm sure others here would. . .

GB doing the daffy dance

Cheers
    Chris
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

I thought the spare wheel plate was only on ie models?

Quote Originally Posted by forumnoreason View Post
    Moi aussi..!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icon3

Quote Originally Posted by forumnoreason View Post
    Would appear so on the late cars, I guess the LHM cage that would normally sit on the inner right hand guard would be obstructed by the air cleaner on the injection models. Parts #6 and #7, #7 being for the injection models.

Not so on the early cars though. . .

Forum der DS-Freunde: Bordwerkzeug (1/2)

. . .and as seen in Roger's earlier post
    Citroen DS tool kit.

On my car D(mongrel)Special retrofitted with the Autoclima airconditioning, I have the same issue with the placement of the receiver dryer - so is fitted with the spare wheel card with the LHM cage. Pretty useful for keeping bits an pieces stowed tidily under the card as well as it's designed purpose.

Cheers
    Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Citroen DS tool kit.-d-lhm-carrier.jpg   Citroen DS tool kit.-d-lhm-carrier2.jpg   Citroen DS tool kit.-ds-early-spare-wheel-tool-kit.jpg   Citroen DS tool kit.-ds-early-spare-wheel-tool-kit2.jpg  
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

sure is strapped in there Chris. Oops better do some verk...

Those pliers are great. Very well made and versatile.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Citroen DS tool kit.-1442281696104.jpg   Citroen DS tool kit.-1442281707225.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information