Okay, gather around folks. ThiS is big news (I Think)...
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Okay, gather around folks. ThiS is big news (I Think)...

WRB
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Okay, gather around folks. ThiS is big news (I Think)...

A lot of pople would know about the citron cervice site for part numbers etc. Well after vast amounts of (most probably illegal) work, I now have the entire site on my computor which includes workshop procedures and wiring manuals for every bodys VIN and RPO. The oldest car documentation available is for the XM. BX and Zantia (You would think that if they were going to include the BX then, They could have included the CX!!??)

Anyway, along with my chinese Lexia and ttis workshop manual for the (Nearly) full range, I am able to offer a service to help all those looking for parts and how to fix them. I thingk Citroen charge 30 euro fo 1 weeks use of the manuals so, we could prbably come to a much more realistic price depending onhow much info you neef. (please let me knowe if I am pissing into the wind....)

Advertisement

Horses for courses.

I am happy to on-charge the fees for "legitimate" access if fixing someone's car, but say you were simply wondering about similarity between models or interchanges - it's probably a good buy. Your approach works well for the enthusiast owner with one or two newer cars in the shed.

OK WRB you got my attention. Does that mean that I could possibly get (buy) a DECENT wiring diagram for my BX ??

Fellow Frogger

Quote Originally Posted by WRB View Post
    ... (please let me know if I am pissing into the wind....)
    PSA helpfully makes the parts documentation available on a no cost basis. That service is live and allows you to filter the information by VIN. It goes back as far as BX and XM1, but the filtering by VIN doesn't work properly, if at all, for BX and XM1. As far as I know, the wiring diagrams in Sedre do not cover anything before C5, so you want the printed diagrams for BX, Xantia and XM etc.. What you have will most likely be a knock-off 'backup' version that is for dealers to access off-line. It's not necessarily the most up to date, but it is adequate for most uses.

Access by dealers to the diagnostic tools/software and the repair procedures documentation is available by paid subscription (well certainly has been, although addo may have addressed this again). Remember that even dealers pay for their subscription. It's not free, but if you feel happy reselling pirated stuff available via ebay, that's up to you.
    Last edited by David S; 29th April 2014 at 01:06 PM.

WRB
    Fellow Frogger!

Well , their is only one way to find out about the BX - send me your vin and RPO and I will conduct and experiment.

David, I know that this is rather illegal but, given the fact that Citroen refuse to sell the factory manuals and charge a fortune for access to them, I am finding it very hard to feel guilty about this. You are right about onselling though. However, I probably won't have time to do it all myself so, if anybody in the Melbourn area wants access it, Just PO me. Who knows, I may pick up some more 12 string guitar students....

1000+ Posts

When dealers stop charging $450 for $150 worth of servicing, there might be more sympathy for their little monopolies granted by the makers. It should be compulsory for all service information to be publicly available for any machine sold, and outside the car industry it usually is. I often wonder what the repair industry would be like if dealers were restricted to sales only, and apprentices were all working with other working tradesmen alongside them.

I would be much happier if WRB posted the whole thing on usenet or set up a bit torrent for everyone.

When you buy an aircraft you are also buying the complete maintenance manual suite, and in many instances, updates for life. If only cars were the same!
    Scotty

Melbourne - Dandenong Ranges

1956 Peugeot 403 - 'Francois' - resto project

1969 Peugeot 504 - 'Pascal' - daily driver project

1970 Peugeot 404 Utility - 'Brutus' - resto project

1978 Peugeot 604 - as yet unnamed - V6 on straight LPG

1987 Peugeot 505 - as yet unnamed - project car

1999 Peugeot 406 Coupť - 'Chloe' - 5 speed manual

2011 Peugeot 3008 XTE HDi - 'Zoe' - hatchback on steroids

2014 Peugeot RCZ - 'Remy'

1999 Range Rover 4.6 HSE - 'Grover' - tow car

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Demannu View Post
    When you buy an aircraft you are also buying the complete maintenance manual suite, and in many instances, updates for life. If only cars were the same!
    Hear hear. I have factory manuals for some of the motorbikes I've bought too. Not sure I'm up to the task of completing most of the work, but I like to have the knowledge that I could

Try this VIN which will test you.

VF7XBXMOOOXM5247

Finding the model & colour will be easy - google the vin.

But i'm after the exact paint colour by name, How many silvers are there?
    Whats the build date?

Last edited by flipperman; 29th April 2014 at 09:35 PM.
    CitroŽn's that own me

- 2008 C5 X7 Tourer (Estate) 2.7 DoubleTurbo Diesel UHZJ - V6.

CitroŽn's that formally owned me

- 1990 BX TRI Estate Manual. .. . "Phoenix" - "Donated to Science"
    - 1990 BX TRI Estate Auto. (Traded In)
    - 1987 BX TRI Hatch.

-------------------------------------------------------------
    Australian Citroen BX - All about the Citroen BX in Oz

WRB
    Fellow Frogger!

Well, Comes up with unknown VIN....

I think it may be lying about the BX - your car appears on two other sites using google.

My own C5 comes up with all the correct colours, features etc....

Fellow Frogger!

Try this VIN which will test you.

You're right, it will test anybody. Officially all VIN numbers have 17 characters. Your's in one short.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by AllenM View Post
    You're right, it will test anybody. Officially all VIN numbers have 17 characters. Your's in one short.

What if the VIN isn't 17 characters long

A: if the VIN is not 17 characters long, please double check that you have the right VIN and that you have copied it down correctly. If the VIN is still less than 17 characters long, the VIN is most likely from a pre-1989 vehicle.

Vehicles manufactured before 1989

A: Prior to 1989 VIN numbers varied between 11 and 17 characters. REVS can only report on vehicles with a 17 character VIN. Therefore information on vehicles manufactured before 1989 is limited.

CitroŽn's that own me

- 2008 C5 X7 Tourer (Estate) 2.7 DoubleTurbo Diesel UHZJ - V6.

CitroŽn's that formally owned me

- 1990 BX TRI Estate Manual. .. . "Phoenix" - "Donated to Science"
    - 1990 BX TRI Estate Auto. (Traded In)
    - 1987 BX TRI Hatch.

Australian Citroen BX - All about the Citroen BX in Oz

Thread Information