Service CitroŽn Subscriber Services - Reactivated
  • Help
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Service CitroŽn Subscriber Services - Reactivated

Icon4 Service CitroŽn Subscriber Services - Reactivated

This goes to show how far a bit of bad French will get you. If it wasn't for gentle encouragement in times past by Simon, and by Gerry Freed, I'd have not been game to try asking...

I have lobbied over the past week, for PSA to bring back subscription services for Australian users of Service CitroŽn and Peugeot Service Box. These had previously been discontinued without notice.

Advertisement

Now those who prefer to keep a legitimate source of this information, can again purchase subscription by time charge (presently Ä5,20 per hour). This is your best assurance of the information being totally relevant to the VIN provided, and most up-to-date. At present documentation is restricted to CitroŽn, but I believe it will be extended to Peugeot in a few days.

Cheers, Adam.

1000+ Posts

Default Wow ! :0

Quote Originally Posted by addo View Post
    This goes to show how far a bit of bad French will get you. If it wasn't for gentle encouragement in times past by Simon, and by Gerry Freed, I'd have not been game to try asking...

I have lobbied over the past week, for PSA to bring back subscription services for Australian users of Service CitroŽn and Peugeot Service Box. These had previously been discontinued without notice.

Now those who prefer to keep a legitimate source of this information, can again purchase subscription by time charge (presently Ä5,20 per hour). This is your best assurance of the information being totally relevant to the VIN provided, and most up-to-date. At present documentation is restricted to CitroŽn, but I believe it will be extended to Peugeot in a few days.

Cheers, Adam.
    Hi addo
    I am impressed !! Does this mean the leopod is changing its spots ? Next thing they will be giving some dealer service in Australia
    jaahn

Quote Originally Posted by addo View Post

Now those who prefer to keep a legitimate source of this information, can again purchase subscription by time charge (presently €5,20 per hour). This is your best assurance of the information being totally relevant to the VIN provided, and most up-to-date. At present documentation is restricted to CitroŽn, but I believe it will be extended to Peugeot in a few days.

Cheers, Adam.
    And, how is this accessed Adam?

John

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

Good job, Adam. Does that cover everything or just the more recent models?
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

The service generally works best with post-2000 models.

You must first register as an independent repair professional with either Service CitroŽn or Peugeot Service Box. Don't worry about French if you don't want to, you can do all of this in English. Some while ago, I think I provided a tutorial on how to use these services for access to prices.

Then you should find a menu option to the left of your screen for subscription services. You can purchase by the hour, the day, month or year.

The subscription period is activated when you access any aspect of the paid area, and the clock cannot be suspended.

Subscription services mean that when you input a particular VIN you have access to wiring diagrams, repair procedures, technical presentations. Copyright laws generally say you may make a copy of something for your own records, if you right click and save the wiring schematics make sure they are not saved as a webpage or .svg but as a bitmap.

I will point out that while it is a handy tool, very occasionally it is not accurate and will offer several possibilities even though you have provided the VIN.

Have you been in communication with them, addo, about why they stopped the service? All seems a bit odd.

I've used it (both CitroŽn and Peugeot) many times and have been very happy with it.

I can confirm there is still no option on the Peugeot page, but the CitroŽn one is back.

For reference, I think this is addo's "tutorial" here.
    Last edited by SLC206; 29th April 2014 at 01:32 PM.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Hi Simon, they very casually said "Oh, it's not available in your area".

I didn't see the point of asking why and risking a flick into the too-hard basket. I'm just pleased it's back.

1000+ Posts

Yeah, I've been trying to use Peugeot Service box, no luck. If you've managed to get it turned on, that will be very useful.

Good work.

Don't be afraid to ask yourself. I have no special connections, more the sense that if they left it as it had become, we were screwed!

Tadpole

With Addo's help I have successfully registered and accessed peugeot service box ; still finding my way round and haven't used the subscription service yet.

1000+ Posts

I've just spent the last hour scanning through various instructions for my car. All working on the service box subscriptions for me anyway. Very pleased.

The Peugeot ServiceBox "Subscriber Services" menu reappeared when I tried it today.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Thread Information