Blue GS wagons in existence...
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Blue GS wagons in existence...

Fellow Frogger!

Default Blue GS wagons in existence...

Just my routine post....does anyone know of any blue GS wagons that are owned by anyone and help me with leads?

I had a Lead a few years back from a Graeme in Vic, but numbers didn't match.

Advertisement

The car isn't officially dead as I paid to do a engine check and it seems to be alive somewhere (maybe, maybe not).

My old girl '74 in delta blue which I restored was last owned by a Mark Buran. He is uncontactable. Previously owned by AJ Patmore who lives in UK who sold off a number of them. Last rego WUB190, previous HFT189 NSW.

Might be dead but worth a check up to put the soul at ease. If owned by someone who loves it, happy to leave in peace. I am pathetic but still have a slight hunch the car is lying somewhere...and hope someone new to Aussiefrogs may know something, with my rosť coloured glasses still on.

Chris M

"true" blue ?
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

Quote Originally Posted by gerry freed View Post
    "true" blue ?
    OH NO!!!! French Racing Blue -----------Please!!!!!!
    Cheers Gerry

Fellow Frogger!

Default Gs

Gerry, please.....delta blue.
    Mississippi Delta.
    Think 007 1974...Live and Let Die. Or was it 75?
    jeez, I'd cut in an Afro with that GS wagon.
    What I do remember is lots and lots of band gigs, and a first up brick mobile phone calling me en route!!
    Such a great car. A Serge Touveron engine rebuild and restoration. Wow!! Kings Park early 90s...then when he shut up suddenly, over to meet John Vanchopp for the first time. One owner, Glenworth Valley. Bought new.
    Why, why, why did let it go!!!!! Stupid me.

It would be great to see Johns fleet...I am sure there would be cars sitting in paddocks, under the stars. Would there be a blue GS wagon? Who knows. Great car.

Chris

Default GS Wagon (estate)

Quote Originally Posted by qmusic View Post
    Gerry, please.....delta blue.
    Mississippi Delta.
    Think 007 1974...Live and Let Die. Or was it 75?
    jeez, I'd cut in an Afro with that GS wagon.
    What I do remember is lots and lots of band gigs, and a first up brick mobile phone calling me en route!!
    Such a great car. A Serge Touveron engine rebuild and restoration. Wow!! Kings Park early 90s...then when he shut up suddenly, over to meet John Vanchopp for the first time. One owner, Glenworth Valley. Bought new.
    Why, why, why did let it go!!!!! Stupid me.

It would be great to see Johns fleet...I am sure there would be cars sitting in paddocks, under the stars. Would there be a blue GS wagon? Who knows. Great car.

Chris
    Hi Chris
    do you really want a GS wagon or must it be the one you let go? because may i suggest that you set your sights on a particular model ie" 72 to 75 and go about getting one now before they are all snapped up. i believe that soon the only ones left will be in the hands of the few that already own them and others that are deteriorating under the stars.

hope this helps, inaction is too time consuming !

I have a south African blue wagon awaiting re commissioning .Its got one dodgy door and crap gearbox
    BX 16v 89, I Renault Floride 62, Volvo P1800 68, Aston Martin DB6 68, Daimler 250V8 68, Jaguar XJC 76, Falcon Ute XL 62, Falcon Ute XY 4WD, Jeep Grand Larado 03, Mazda 6 Wagon 05, inter 483 tractor 86, makita cordless drill CX TURBO its dented D Special 1 62 ID192000 Xantia V6 2000 Cadillac STS stolen by the princess,KANGA 720DL LOADER

Fellow Frogger!

Lamoor, you are warm alright. I am sure that if you wanted a long lost love back you would push and push, not caring what others thought. You are damn passionate and you love these things too.

You are right, it might have to be left alone soon. Maybe another one or two posts. Strangely enough, it gives a bit of closure!!

Shall consider the suggestion but it would never be the same.

Archival, yours sounds great. Hope it is on the Bruce Hoad register.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by qmusic View Post
    Just my routine post....does anyone know of any blue GS wagons that are owned by anyone and help me with leads?

The car isn't officially dead as I paid to do a engine check and it seems to be alive somewhere (maybe, maybe not).

My old girl '74 in delta ...Last rego WUB190, previous HFT189 NSW.

Might be dead but worth a check up to put the soul at ease...

Chris M
    qmusic - I'm not sure if I have a lead for you but I recently collected the outstanding paperwork for the white GS I purchased last year. There was an extra owner's manual and some notes on the inner back page which could point to your car. The VIN seems to match that of the GS national register. The delivery date suggests 10.4.75

Did it have brown trim? Some brown door cards came with the car.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blue GS wagons in existence...-img_0494%5B1%5D.jpg   Blue GS wagons in existence...-img_0495%5B1%5D.jpg  
    '73 & '74 GS Break
    '00 Xantia Break
    '78 504 GL - gone to good home
    '69 ID19B - if wasn't for mortgage would still have, '74 DS23 Pallas
    '74 Renault TS , '69 Renault TS - last seen forlorn at Taminda wreckers

Fellow Frogger!

Hi Michael, gee that is interesting......no it had full blue trim. That sounds like it might have been delta blue at some point. It is a gorgeous colour. Mine was a 1220 club. It would have Chevron stamps in any paperwork and owned initially by Glenworth Valley on Central coast by the Lawler family. Above d/side there was a patch where they mounted the roof antenna on the side. That would be very much concealed under the paint. The engine numbers are on Aussiefrogs somewhere....let me know if you can't find, they would be on GS register under the cars details HFT189 and WUB190. Chris

Fellow Frogger!

Post on GS wagon....this seemed to appear as a private message from Sparkey and the reply has popped up on the main board which is weird.

Time, persistence and trying not to give a toss what others think are all interesting concepts when it comes to looking for the old girl.

My sincere thanks to those who have an understanding of what I have been trying to do.

Probably dead but five emails and messages from people at least expressing an interest or helping in some way. Just brilliant, but in all honesty, hope of finding has gone from about a 20% chance to about a 3% chance. Definitely worth it for peace of mind.

I have always loved our Citroen community. Always will.

Chris M
    2CV Club 1977
    previously GS 1220 Club, Xsara, Xantia 16v, C5V6, C5 16v, BXTRI, BX16v

How would you like a blue CX wagon? Mine is due for another paint and it would be great if it could be done properly in the delta blue it is supposed to have

Chris
    Has anyone mentioned this one to you? I came across the photo online, looks as though it is 5 years since photographed, appears to be delta blue. Curbside Classic: CitroŽn GS1200 Club Break
    (can't get the insert link to work)
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GS Pallas; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

Hi Bruce,

Link works for me. I reckon BMK109.

Cheers, Ken

Registration expiry date:14/02/2017

As per the Vic rego check webpage, promising!

ive got one woo hoo
    owned for over a decade
    Blue GS wagons in existence...-citroengswagon2.jpgBlue GS wagons in existence...-citroengswagon4.jpg

Is that a Hillman Hunter Royale?

nope just a standard hunter meaning it may have been a royale but definetely wasnt a 660 royale, used to have an original hillman hustler many moons ago

Fellow Frogger!

Levit8, wow!!

What are your plans with this car? Does it go? Rear wiper too.

Looks like somenthing that that will come up really well. Delta Blue I assume?

Please don't let it fall into rack and ruin. It is now a very rare car but I have no idea what it is like underneath.

Chris M

Fellow Frogger!

Bruce, that is beautiful and must be still out there. Very similar to my old car and if it turns up would happily buy if seller was wanting to part with. But.....I suspect it could be dead. Mine was that color and such a nice color on the GS. WUB199 last rego in NSW. No roof racks and probably a long shot. Any leads, please PM me. Has anyone had a good look through images on Google? there are some stunning ones there including the Graham66 red wagon plus many others that are Aussie cars. Chris

hi chris, them pics are a few years old, its looking a bit worse nowadays as has been outside for quite a few years
    was a low mileage original vehicle when i first got but trans was stuffed (c matic) and i never did anything with it in the end
    no longer runs as rats got too wiring, seats are weathered etc
    apart from front of bonnet which has some rust and damaged due to dogs ripping it trying to get to a rabbit that lived under the bonnet, the rest of body is pretty good from memory
    not sure of actual colour but its blue outside and interior
    will have a closer look in next couple of days and get back to you
    would probably sell but am in S.A. and not running be a pain to move etc
    thanks jeff

Jeff,
    Would you like to have your wagon's details added to the Register? If so, can you message me the chassis number and the paint code please?
    Regards
    Bruce
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GS Pallas; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

no probs bruce if i can find them i will

ok heres some more pics of my gs wagon taken today, looks worse for wear but not much rust at all (apart from front of bonnet)
    i have books from new and was sold new in ireland and privately imported by original owner so probably not your actual car Chris
    feel free to use info posted Bruce
    thanks Jeff
    Blue GS wagons in existence...-thumbnail_20160608_171912_resized.jpgBlue GS wagons in existence...-thumbnail_20160608_172012_resized.jpgBlue GS wagons in existence...-thumbnail_20160608_172259_resized.jpgBlue GS wagons in existence...-thumbnail_20160608_172319_resized.jpgBlue GS wagons in existence...-thumbnail_20160608_172041_resized.jpgBlue GS wagons in existence...-thumbnail_20160608_171955_resized.jpgBlue GS wagons in existence...-thumbnail_20160608_171901_resized.jpg

thank you Jeff not least for prompting some questions
    Is AC646 an electric kinda blue then?
    C-matic differed from Connoisseur - how, exactly (i feel i'm asking again, sorry; one pre-selected, other ...)?
    Could the original tranny be supposed from idiot-light/holes on round jaeger instrument panels, as much as badges?
    steven
    Last edited by fnqvmuch; 8th June 2016 at 11:36 PM.

Fellow Frogger!

Hi Jeff and thanks for posting. It is a really pretty car but delapidated indeed. What is the future of it?
    It would be a good project but yeah - not my old baby. Definitely one for Sparkey. It would be massive and perfect if you have the majority of parts.
    Delta blue is an awesome color and looks incredible on the wagon.

Chris M

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information