GS on parts section of this site in need of a home...not mine.
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: GS on parts section of this site in need of a home...not mine.

Fellow Frogger!

Default GS on parts section of this site in need of a home...not mine.

I am going out on a limb here and know I shouldn't be pointing put someone else's car for sale ad.

Advertisement

Only because this car needs a good new home and because there is new interest in the GS as a result of some awesome restorations. The seller has made every attempt to care for the car whilst overseas in the past year, having had it garaged.

The seller wants a reasonable offer. Not a stupid or insulting one.

The car clearly starts, runs, and has history. It is rare.

It would be a great project.

I do not know the seller and have no interest here, just the desire to see this car fall into the right hands. I adore the GS, and a white Pallas would be one of the nicest models.

Hopefully someone on this forum will have space for it, not want to see it wrecked or stripped. Have a look at it folks...GS 1975 is the thread. In PARTS section of Aussiefrogs, also by mistake by the looks of it.

Chris

The whole sale is a mistake I enquired about it and was told there were two interested parties in front of me! So? He couldn't sell a beer to a drunk!
    Total pain in the arse.
    if you're going to sell something sell it, don't start coming up with bullshit and give people the shits.

Fellow Frogger

Quote Originally Posted by forumnoreason View Post
    The whole sale is a mistake I enquired about it and was told there were two interested parties in front of me! So? He couldn't sell a beer to a drunk!
    Total pain in the arse.
    if you're going to sell something sell it, don't start coming up with bullshit and give people the shits.
    Well, you have had rather a long time to be at the head of the queue and make a fair offer. Why moan about it now? Really. The $1,200, maybe $1,220, $1,015, or even less, it could have been had for last year was hardly over the top for what appears to be complete and straight. You'd spend that in a heartbeat with a beater/painter if you started with a more beaten up example.

The cars are worth what the market will pay and that, sadly, just isn't very much. Why else are NOS parts almost worthless or unwanted when the same item for a DS, even a CX would be in hot demand? Buying a good GS and acquiring NOS parts now is probably being ahead of the curve. When more of the rubbish cars have been crushed, the better examples remaining will probably be more appreciated.

The only real errors the seller made were initially setting the price ( and this is my opinion only) a little optimistically and placing it in the parts section instead of the cars section. He's apparently O/S, so that introduces a few difficulties.
    Last edited by David S; 23rd April 2014 at 07:13 PM.

Fellow Frogger!

Please... can we not spread the ranting over two threads? Am sure the OP of the thread in mention is not the first person to value their car higher than the 'general' market cares for, and am sure is also not the first person to be just a little bit rubbish at actually selling a car. Living abroad doesn't help.

Try and buy it I dare you. I am in Canberra right now and was serious about it which is why I found the situation ridiculous. If you're going to advertise a car to sell don't start making excuses about its availability.
    As for having a year of whatever to make an offer, I don 't go looking for cars to buy in the parts section : )
    I might put a post up on the Peugeot forum that it is for sale. Ha ha
    Last edited by forumnoreason; 23rd April 2014 at 07:25 PM.

Fellow Frogger

Quote Originally Posted by forumnoreason View Post
    Try and buy it I dare you. I am in Canberra right now and was serious about it which is why I found the situation ridiculous. If you're going to advertise a car to sell don't start making excuses about its availability.
    As for having a year of whatever to make an offer, I don 't go looking for cars to buy in the parts section : )
    You are being unreasonable. You've obviously now found the car in the parts section or you'd not have commented on it there. Frankly, I'm surprised you are interested in acquiring the car given the tenor of your comments and I would be even more surprised if the vendor would now entertain an offer from you. Why should it be a surprise that there could be a few people ahead of you and the vendor is dealing with them on order? If that's the case, he's probably just trying to do the right thing by each potential buyer.

I'm not bothering with this crap anymore.

Let's remember this forum is completely dedicated to first world problems. Old cars are just a hobby. When premium unleaded hits $2 a litre the GS will become the most sort after by us LHM fans. There are several for sale in Brisbane so head up
    Citroen C5 II manual '05; C4 Exculsive '07; Citroen CX2200 Pallas '76; CX2400 C-matic Pallas '78

If you can get 10L/100Km from a GS you either have a throat that won't open or if you feather it at all times. They can be thirsty little creatures!

Still an under appreciated Classic CitroŽn.

If the car in question was a D of some sort, it'd be sold a hundred times by now.
    1972 SM
    1989 BX 16 Valve

Tadpole

Sorry, I didn't realise you were a bit thick Stevo, and couldn't understand the following PM I sent you. It just wasn't possible for you to look at the car at short notice over Easter.

Steven.
    There is no battery and the car is pushed right up the back of the garage and is up on blocks. As you are aware if the tyres go down the cars are almost on the ground. I have two people in front of you who have expressed interest and being away could only give them first and second option to look at the car. I drove the car from my house to its present location so I know it ran a year ago. Unfortunately I don't have the time to devote to this right now and am not going to stress my mother out with having people come around who she doesn't know. It took some convincing to get her allow me to store the car in the garage in the first place.
    I think from what my neighbour who is a Citroen expert says, its worth a couple of grand.
    The interior is so so, the engine looks oily and a small pipe to the manifold had a little hole in it. The hydraulics worked in all the positions. It has the tool kit, paper work from previous owner, spare tyre, tow bar.

Sorry I can't accommodate you at the moment, if things change by Monday I'll let you know.

Terry

Originally Posted by forumnoreason
    Hi as I am genuinely interested in the car and live in Darwin I can look at it next week asI will be in town. I don't need to see any more photos but see it started it up and evaluate it. I have a DS so am familiar with Citroens. My number is **********, if your mother is happy to do this that would be great. I would need some time to arrange a freighter so it would need to happen when I'm in Canberra, a week. Alternatively I can call your mother. Btw what are you prepared to accept for it? Cheers Steven

Quote Originally Posted by donat View Post
    If you can get 10L/100Km from a GS you either have a throat that won't open or if you feather it at all times. They can be thirsty little creatures!

If the car in question was a D of some sort, it'd be sold a hundred times by now.
    I get better economy of the XM than the GS... but I know which one I prefer to drive...

Driving - '90 XM, '85 CX IE Auto, 406 Coupe, 405 srdt wagon, '78 dyane, Resting (or Rusting): '73 Birotor '82 CX Presitige, '81 CX Break IE, GS X2, GS1015 Wagon, GS 1300 5sp Wagon, '76 GS 1220 Wagon, '75 GS Wagon, '58 2CV, '58 Vauxhall Velox

I used to really enjoy AF until I encountered a tadpole who wants to crush Citroens.
    btw tadpole you have presented the pms sent ( good on you for making private messages public) in reverse order, as you know I didn't respond because (being a thicko..) fail to see why you advertise a car that isn 't in a state to be seen or even sold, you simply wasted my time, and caused me to write angry posts. Good luck with selling your car : )
    Last edited by forumnoreason; 24th April 2014 at 08:29 PM.

WRB
    Fellow Frogger!

I don't quite get why everyone is arguing about this. CXs have been underrated for years but, they are starting to be appreciated.
    A restored DS will go for $30,000. A running roadworthy and registered CX can sell for anything from 6-12K. Three have been sold in the past month around in the 6-8 K range and, 2 of them were not roadworthy (mine was) The CX is on its' way to being highly respected and even considered by some as being the best car Citroen have ever made (unlike DSs, they are less prone to steering wobble...)

Watch this space.....

Quote Originally Posted by donat View Post

A CX with twice the engine capacity is doing well at 12L/100 then. I just saw a GS panel van today (no side rear windows) needs a little work yet what a excellent eccentric alternative to a Beach VW Combi.
    Citroen C5 II manual '05; C4 Exculsive '07; Citroen CX2200 Pallas '76; CX2400 C-matic Pallas '78

Thread Information