C5 window operation from remote switch.
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default C5 window operation from remote switch.

Update relating to previous post [can't find, probably out dated] about C5 front windows not operating from the remote thingy. Rears remain fine. Anyhow, the left front window has decided to start working again, and confidence is high in regards to the driver side. Probably because winter is on the way and I won't need to park him in the heat of a Queensland summer with the windows slightly open. I reckon these things figure this out you know, ahead of the game all the time. They only break down when you're enjoying yourself and things only stop working when their needed. Amazing stuff.

Advertisement

Tadpole

Hi Shanadoo. Had the same thing on my C5. The problem was the battery - kinda strange given the fact that the car would start perfectly. In your previous post you mentioned draining the battery after leaving the side lights on for an afternoon.
    If I'm not mistaken with the math, a 60Ah battery will keep more than 60% of its charge after 10 hours with the side lights working.
    You're battery was flat after less than that, so this might be the issue.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Arnon View Post
    Hi Shanadoo. Had the same thing on my C5. The problem was the battery - kinda strange given the fact that the car would start perfectly. In your previous post you mentioned draining the battery after leaving the side lights on for an afternoon.
    If I'm not mistaken with the math, a 60Ah battery will keep more than 60% of its charge after 10 hours with the side lights working.
    You're battery was flat after less than that, so this might be the issue.

Yes you may be on to something there. Only have problem with one window now and the battery is less than 12 mths old, but that doesn't mean much, it may not be up to full specs. Charge rate is 14.9 but the battery may still be a dud, I'll get it tested. Thanks.

Had a similar issue on my C4. A software update & BSI re-set fixed the issue.
    Citroen C5 II manual '05; C4 Exculsive '07; Citroen CX2200 Pallas '76; CX2400 C-matic Pallas '78

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Jinandfonic View Post
    Had a similar issue on my C4. A software update & BSI re-set fixed the issue.
    Changed battery with no benefit. Was a good feasible idea at the time.
    BSI and software update was done under warranty. Had so many fault seeking downloads from the word go, I've lost count, none worked for any length of time, if at all. Car is ten + years old now and, long ago I refused to hand over any more cash for those diagnostic wand wavers to tell me they found a fault which could be this or it could be that. "But that'll be $350 for today thanks"
    I'll live with the C5 window fault unless it tells me otherwise.
    Did under bonnet wiring some time ago [old post] and the car has been faultless until now, cursed thing.
    These early C5s have possibly the worst electrical wiring harness that has ever been released onto an unsuspecting public. You would be amazed at the pathetic tangle of knotted, stretched wires with badly crimped terminals wrapped up under that camouflage tape covering. Gotta be made by Taiwanese farmers I reckon. Wonder if the French models are the same? Are the later C5 models any different? Maybe it was another case of manufactures dumping their early crappy experimental stuff on Australia. Speaking electrical wise it spoils a damn good car. But I'll never part with it.
    Last edited by shanadoo; 28th April 2014 at 06:46 PM.

Thread Information