Heka
  • Help
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Heka

WRB
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Heka

AAAArRRRgggr!!! The guy from Heka (sorry, can't remeber his name) has moved into a smaller factory and has sent all of his CXs to be a car wrecking place to be crushed!!!

Advertisement

He could have asked CLUB people if they wanted them for parts.....
    I guess he cannot be bothered anymore with those. Do they still service D series car?
    1961 Citroen ID19(2010~), Holden Frontera(R.I.P 2002-2014), Honda Accord EURO(2006~)

Fellow Frogger!

Yes agreed it's a shame to hear of CXs being sent straight to a crusher without the opportunity to either take them over.

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J'aime la vie View Post
    Yes agreed it's a shame to hear of CXs being sent straight to a crusher without the opportunity to either take them over.
    Had anyone seen the cars in question If they have been sitting in a paddock for 20years, crushing is probably the only thing there good for!

If he's advertised to the club "bunch of CX's, come take them, $200 each" ......... Guess how many people would have bothered to even look (likely none), he'd have countless poeple stuff him around though. The scrappies would have turned up with a big truck and taken them all at once and handed him his money.

I understand it

seeya,
    shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

WRB
    Fellow Frogger!

I don't think he even bothered to strip them of good parts. The irony is that he has four CXs to sell (including a Prestige). He wants 20 grand for the three the cars (road worthy and registered) and 30K for the late model GTI Turbo. He has been citing (he he ) on for well over ten years.....
    I am aware that a lot of CX owners drive there cars into the ground Gross generalisation) and so is he.
    Fair to good CXs in Europe go for around 1200 euros!! I have noticed that over the past 10 years, these cars are coming up in value. I should find out where he sent them and see if they haven't been crushed yet
    He still services them re-gases spheres and builds replica Chaprons....

WRB
    Fellow Frogger!

PS, I will let you all know if they have been murded yet

How can you use such emotive language?

I'm no customer of Heka and Co but that seems a rather "over the top" way to express divergent viewpoints.

Fellow Frogger!

I reckon the Prestige that Heka had at one stage (a green one) resurfaced elsewhere in Melbourne and one of the AFers posted about buying this..

Regards
    John

Fellow Frogger

Perhaps, the wrecks had been picked over leaving largely parts that don't tend to wear out regularly or that you could say of 'If you need that, you need a new car!'. I'm sure some useful parts would have been scrapped, but there's often a need to simply reduce duplication and dispose of stuff you'd never use in 10 lifetimes. That's why a BX and now the Xantia, even some C5's are hardly worth taking much from for many wreckers or repairers. The cars now have little value and are usually uneconomic to repair, the owners have had enough and want to trade, there is little call for the parts and many people already have ten of each item, so don't need an 11th. That's just how things turn out.

The more of the older ones that get wrecked, the rarer my car becomes. I reckon that is a win-win situation!!!!!
    Cheers Gerry

This is sad but not surprising news.

It's the story of diminishing classic Citroen service providers, that is the sad reality.

Adrian

Current;

Xantia V6 Exclusive Auto 2000

Past;

CX25 GTI Turbo series 1 1985
    DS23 IE Pallas 5sp 1974
    CX25ie Pallas Auto 1984 Parts
    2CV 1988
    CX25ie Pallas Auto 1984

Quote Originally Posted by WRB View Post
    I don't think he even bothered to strip them of good parts. The irony is that he has four CXs to sell (including a Prestige). He wants 20 grand for the three the cars (road worthy and registered) and 30K for the late model GTI Turbo. He has been citing (he he ) on for well over ten years.....
    I am aware that a lot of CX owners drive there cars into the ground Gross generalisation) and so is he.
    Fair to good CXs in Europe go for around 1200 euros!! I have noticed that over the past 10 years, these cars are coming up in value. I should find out where he sent them and see if they haven't been crushed yet
    He still services them re-gases spheres and builds replica Chaprons....
    That GTI is not a Turbo. I don't need to tell you it won't sell anytime soon for $30k. Would be nice if CX's suddenly picked up in value, but I doubt it. "Tell him he's dreaming"

Adrian

Current;

Past;

DS23 IE Pallas 5sp 1974
    2CV 1988
    CX25ie Pallas Auto 1984

WRB
    Fellow Frogger!

I agree with the reasoning from Gripro but, I am only doing up my CX for myself to grow old(er) with. I am collecting as many good parts I can find so that I can replace and and recondition as I go. This is probably easier for me than some as I have worked as I have worked (30 years ago) as a professional and have have done a ground up, every nut and bolt, restoration of a Silver Shadow along with BMC 4litre "R" (Gee, I wonder if that was the reason the wife left...)

I have been telling Him that he as dreaming for years. He has told me that the cars are actually customer cars that he has offered for them, but, he has been sitting on these for near 10 years so, I really no idea...

UFO

Sometimes when we hear of repairers doing as has been apparently done by Heka we can tend to sound like a flock of starving vultures doing battle with similarly hungry hyenas.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

WRB
    Fellow Frogger!

I actually did get some of spares stipped off a couple off his CX 2200s around 6 years ago and, it was only the bodies and seats, dodgy C-matic gears etc that where stuffed but, he could easily have stipped out steering columns, steering racks and manual gear boxes. It seem that all he wants to do is refill spheres and, work on his conversions. I think that, these days, it is motre of a hobby for him. (still haven't call him to find out where they went)

Quote Originally Posted by UFO View Post
    Sometimes when we hear of repairers doing as has been apparently done by Heka we can tend to sound like a flock of starving vultures doing battle with similarly hungry hyenas.

Reminds me of an aviation family business going back a few years that got to the stage of retirement (change of direction of the young?) and hence time to liquidate their operating assets.

Nobody could understand how or why they dug a big hole (country property) and buried most of their gear.

I could.

They got sick and tired of vultures mostly within the "Home Built fraternity of aviation (now Experimental) wanting aviation gear and materials for nothing that they decided to bury the lot. The return of selling what they had for peanuts was not going to change their life style.

I did not blame them and understood where they were coming from.

Not sure of where Heka fits in.

JAJEA

Tadpole

I had my first meeting with this particular chap during the week, and as someone new to the Citroen fold and without going into details can safely say it'll be my last.

There were quite a few CXs in various states of deconstruction still in his factory unit, and yes he did try to sell me the blue gti for $29,500 - despite it sitting under a thick layer of dust and with flat tyres.

Quote Originally Posted by ariddell View Post
    I had my first meeting with this particular chap during the week, and as someone new to the Citroen fold and without going into details can safely say it'll be my last.

There were quite a few CXs in various states of deconstruction still in his factory unit, and yes he did try to sell me the blue gti for $29,500 - despite it sitting under a thick layer of dust and with flat tyres.
    Not a good introduction to the world of old CitroŽns now is it? Kind of sad, really. I hope you can move forward with your CX and that your visit hasn't spoiled it for you. In time you'll know who to avoid and who to draw inspiration from in the wild, wild world of Cit-dom as idiots, hoarders who won't sell you a rusty washer off the ground and opportunists are known to drive CitroŽns as well!
    1972 SM
    1989 BX 16 Valve

Not a good introduction for ariddell at all.

Mine is worse, had to front up to the Supreme Court of NSW on the 9th April 2014 to enable us to proceed with litigation for a D that I bought from a Aussiefroger and a ex member of the CCCNSW.

After 3+ months of trying to settle without litigation, it took another 8 months before we reached hearing at the Local Court where the Magistrate through it out of court on the pretext that my case is not within the jurisdiction of the Local Court.

Unbelieveable result.

Hence an appeal to the Supreme Court.

Lot of mongrels out there, regretfully in all walks of life; nevertheless post my first experience with the D, it has been all good, very good. Some very nice people around the Citroen marque.

JAJEA

Quote Originally Posted by donat View Post
    Not a good introduction to the world of old CitroŽns now is it? Kind of sad, really. I hope you can move forward with your CX and that your visit hasn't spoiled it for you. In time you'll know who to avoid and who to draw inspiration from in the wild, wild world of Cit-dom as idiots, hoarders who won't sell you a rusty washer off the ground and opportunists are known to drive CitroŽns as well!

Quote Originally Posted by ariddell View Post

I can honestly say that Robert & Heka used to be the best; most meticulous, knowledgeable and always without exception strove for perfection in whatever they did with Citroens. However the downside of all of this was that the time and costs for works would blow out.

In Robert's defence he has been suffering bad health and with the death of his father recently I can only imagine there has been a significant shift in Robert's priorities.

As I said earlier its sad but not surprising. From my discussion with Robert in the past I sense that he is more disappointed than anyone about the lack of appreciation for CX's. I sense a similarity of the final attitude adopted by Mel at Citro Motors. Mel told me referring to his large collection of spare parts; "it can all go to the tip!".

So I understand, but sorry Al that you had to cop this bitter tail end to what was once an exceptional Citroen repairer.

Adrian

Current;

Past;

DS23 IE Pallas 5sp 1974
    2CV 1988
    CX25ie Pallas Auto 1984

WRB
    Fellow Frogger!

My Grandfather buried his old James motorcycle in the back yard of his house in the 50s - I dug it up in the 80s but, it was totally stuffed. The only parts left were anything made of rubber - the rest was just a pile of rubish...

WRB
    Fellow Frogger!

It is very rare to come across a perfectionist like Robert. We talked about the blue CX and how much work had been done on it. He is looking at it as an almost new car and so, he is pricing a price that would match a restored d, and that does make sense. I have a lot of respect for him. I am just sad that he didn't have the time to strip the good bits out of the CXs that went to the wrecking yard.
    He has the only aligning jig in Australia and, has used it on the blue car.

I would, half seriously, like to buy his business off him if he ever decided to retire, I feel a bit guilty about starting this thread on a negative note...

Quote Originally Posted by IE23 View Post
    I can honestly say that Robert & Heka used to be the best; most meticulous, knowledgeable and always without exception strove for perfection in whatever they did with Citroens. However the downside of all of this was that the time and costs for works would blow out.

In Robert's defence he has been suffering bad health and with the death of his father recently I can only imagine there has been a significant shift in Robert's priorities.

As I said earlier its sad but not surprising. From my discussion with Robert in the past I sense that he is more disappointed than anyone about the lack of appreciation for CX's. I sense a similarity of the final attitude adopted by Mel at Citro Motors. Mel told me referring to his large collection of spare parts; "it can all go to the tip!".

So I understand, but sorry Al that you had to cop this bitter tail end to what was once an exceptional Citroen repairer.

Thread Information