Seen in Milton, NSW
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Seen in Milton, NSW

Default Seen in Milton, NSW

Seen in Milton, NSW-photo_3-1.jpg
    A friend took this pic in Milton and forwarded it to me. It was the correct way up when I transferred it but the site has its own ideas on what it wants to do with it!

Advertisement

It has so many stickers on it I can't tell if it belongs to an aussiefrogger
    Current Cars
    Australia's 2016 C5 2.0HDi Last
    2011 C5 2.0HDi Comfort
    1973 Citroen D Super 5,
    1981 Citroen CX 2400 Pallas C-matic,
    1981 Citroen CX 2400ie Super Familiale C-matic - Raid Arctique 2014
    1991 Mazda E2200
    1924 Citroen 'la petit citron'

LOL, I know that car - I put a pergola roof up for its owner.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Seen in Milton, NSW-photo_3-1.jpg  
    Every day when I wake up I reach up in the darkness with my eyes shut and if I cannot feel anything that resembles a wooden lid I know it will be a good day. No lid today.

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by addo View Post
    LOL, I know that car - I put a pergola roof up for its owner.
    You put a pergola up for a fellow builder! Gees he's getting slack in his dotage!

No doubt that pic was taken in the past day or so and as the vehicle is pointing south then they are on their way to Cit In.

Now... why didn't they stop in on Mrs UFO for a coffee?! (I was at work)

I think Joe and Helen sometimes visit AF, but not often. Joe is a life member of CCCNSW and a bloody top bloke and Helen's pretty great too.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

He designed the pergola. It was simply that I felt happier than he did, walking around the second storey roof to screw the sheeting down.

Fellow Frogger!

The pink car....for years I had a segment of Sydney Morning Herald with a family posing with that car pre "current look"...sorry Craig, and owners...I have since relocated work and it is back up in my office. SO many admire the pic and love what it stands for. I expect daggers in the face for expressing an opinion.

It was so lovely.

Then I saw it with gaffer tape all over the front of it...probably for a raid. Now covered in stickers.

I have more pics of the car taken 15 or so years back at Centennial Park, the Bert run. It was gorgeous and was one of the leaders of the pack.

I am sure that with a strip down and clean up it would look beautiful, original, bright and happy all over again. I am sure Helen and Joe love it looking like this and that it brings back amazing memories, but I LOVED that car as it was. I have never seen one since in that colour combination.

Craig, have a gentle word and see if they can make it look original....it looked utterly original and beautiful in its regular colours which are pink and light colours. Really beautiful.
    Chris M

UFO

As you said, the owners love the car for what it is, the adventures they have had in it and continue to do so. Leave it as it is.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Fellow Frogger!

Of course. Definitely the battle scars and wear and tear appeal to many 2cv folk. Humans are all different, maybe that makes us interesting....that little Lollipop (i think) looks like it has gone MANY, MANY places since the Sydney Morning Herald pic on my door at work. I react that way even when I see them in books with dents everywhere, or painted roughly, even with the back sawn off as utes. Memories, journeys...I guess that is another aspect of ownership that is super important. I just love them original - some would scrunch their face up for hearing that too!! They are all awesome. Chris

Thread Information