BX Spheres
  • Help

Thread: BX Spheres

Fellow Frogger!

Default BX Spheres

Hi All,

I'm in fairly urgent need of a new accumulator sphere (and 2 rears) for the Valver, but having called EAI and Continental Cars it seems quite likely they can't find any in Australia via their networks.

Does anyone have suggestions as to where I might be able to find some?

Advertisement

Cheers,
    Rob

No accumulator? Can't you get one gassed up by the NSW club or one of the indies? I thought you could get gassing done by EAC, Citromťt, and possibly Jason Hantos?

Rears, why not borrow some while you wait for an overseas supplier to come good if EAI are stuck. I can't recommend "Eurocarparts / Carparts4less" but otherwise there are GSF, AEP and others.

Fellow Frogger

Roger Parker at Oleopneumatics should have a 62 Bar accumulator. Have you tried Dapco?
    You could probably use rears off a non-Hydractive Xantia in the short-term.
    Citroworld or Franzose should be able to supply the correct parts, but that will take a while.
    I can probably point you to an accumulator in Canberra if you otherwise draw a blank and need it very urgently.

Fellow Frogger!

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the pointers - neither Continental Cars or EAI are able to source either rears or accumulator spheres at the moment, but I'm looking into a local regassing rig.

I've checked GSF in the past, but I think for a pair of spheres they were asking something like 120 quid postage on top of 30 quid per unit.

Thanks for the offer David, while my accu sphere needs replacing I'm not in the tight spot I thought as pump failure yesterday turned out to be a busted belt only.

Fellow Frogger!

You might want to check with Darrin Brownhill of CitroenClassics in England. Not sure what the shipping to Oz would be, but to the USA is not bad. And his prices are quite competitive.

Steve

Tadpole

I got BX front spheres from Dapco. I run CX spheres on the rear and they ride very nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by roving frog View Post
    I got BX front spheres from Dapco. I run CX spheres on the rear and they ride very nicely.
    That's interesting. Precisely WHICH CX spheres are you using please and what pressures?

Hope the BX sphere matter is solved by now.

Cheers
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1950 (R1062)
    Renault R8 1965 (R1130)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2006 (daughter's)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2007 (mine)

CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980 (moved on to new custodian)

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks John, it's on the back burner for now, especially as the issue I had at the time was a broken HP belt rather than pump failure. Also I've got my hands on a 406 coupe which has come with a few of it's own issues including the dreaded 4HP20/incorrect fluid problems.

However I have made contact with someone locally who has the regassing gear and will be working on making a time to meet.

Tadpole

I used CX rear spheres of 500cc volume, 40 bars and 1.25 damper.

BX rear spheres are 400cc, 40 bars and 1.1 damper.

The CX spheres on the rear give a more "floaty" and very comfortable ride but I imagine they wouldn't be suitable for really fast cornering.

Thread Information