c5 spheres
  • Help

Thread: c5 spheres

Fellow Frogger!

Default c5 spheres

Have a 2002 C5hdi, who is reliable & reasonable for replacement spheres? Are comfort spheres worth the trouble? tried to find something via the search system, didn't work well.

Regards

agd123

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by agd123 View Post
    Have a 2002 C5hdi, who is reliable & reasonable for replacement spheres? Are comfort spheres worth the trouble? tried to find something via the search system, didn't work well.

Regards

agd123
    Never had much to do with C5 spheres, but from all reports the UK is the place to get replacements. But the freight cost must be rather high. They can't be repaired, must be removed to test, but they can be re-gassed evidently. Although in my book, if it needs re-gassing it must be leaking, so bin it. Drove early C5 with so called "comfort" spheres, couldn't tell the difference around Bris roads, except it had a washy feel, but that may have been nothing to do with the spheres. I suspect comfort spheres just have a lower gas pressure. C5 sphere diaphragms are supposed to last until the second coming. Do you have a dud one?.

WRB
    Fellow Frogger!

I put comfort spheres on my 2007 Wagon and it was bottoming out all of the time and, eventually, one of the front spheres burst its' internal diaphragm (they have "spikes in them incase you overload the car). I ended up moving the fronts to the back and put softer OE spheres on the front. A complete table of different models is available at a company called "Lisart" http://www.lizarte.com/es/Esferas-de-Suspension/CITROEN.aspx and you can then buy them from here: CITROEN AUCH ACCESSOIRES. I discovered that the local price for spheres is $550 - I bought a full set of OE spheres a couple of years ago and, paid only AU$700 (including freight!!). The difference is minimal. What I have found is that, if you place something heavy in the boot (2 bags of cement), they regain the "wafting" feeling of the older Citron - it no longer feels any of the small bums or ripples on the road. I would recommend that you have a go at this -the difference is amazing!

Thank God for my Hydroen harrisson_citroen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WRB View Post
    What I have found is that, if you place something heavy in the boot (2 bags of cement), they regain the "wafting" feeling of the older Citron - it no longer feels any of the small bums or ripples on the road. I would recommend that you have a go at this -the difference is amazing!
    You mean with the original standard spheres? or with comfort spheres?
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

DS23 IE Pallas Automatique Borg Warner
    C5 X7 163 Exclusive Automatique AM6
    C3 II 2010 Automatique AL4
    Peugeot Boxer Van hired from T.....y, that was manual!
    and bloody good too!

Thread Information