An interesting video of two bad, irresponsible drivers.
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: An interesting video of two bad, irresponsible drivers.

Default An interesting video of two bad, irresponsible drivers.

Advertisement

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=685315134861463

Edit:Can't work how to fix the embedded video. Link provided!

JBN

Aw mate. Just a bloody Citroen driver. They are all that way. Only idiots buy those cars, what do you expect of them?

Have a look at the double chevrons on the bootlid. Do you know that not ONE Citroen driver has ever been promoted higher than corporal. What does that tell you about the breed?

Stick to Holdens mate. Built by the General. Add some real clout and command to your driving.

John

Nice one Frog. We've all wanted to do that sooner or later to half wits who got their license out of Weet-Bix boxes. An old Range Rover, with bull bars at both ends would be the perfect beast for that particular naughtiness.
    Last edited by Goddess fan; 29th March 2014 at 04:38 PM.

UFO

What amazes me, is when you read the comments. The language that people use on FB and other social media sites just stuns me.

Both drivers were idiots, whether it was a Citroen involved or not.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Quote Originally Posted by JBN View Post
    Have a look at the double chevrons on the bootlid. Do you know that not ONE Citroen driver has ever been promoted higher than corporal. What does that tell you about the breed?
    Andrť CitroŽn
    That's Captain Citroen to you!

Have put a dash cam in the old falcooon ute when I have 90 minutes of stupidity I might make a feature filum of what some idiots get up to in front of me .no need to worry about my rear as I am always captain slow even when I am exceeding the speed limit.
    BX 16v 89, I Renault Floride 62, Volvo P1800 68, Aston Martin DB6 68, Daimler 250V8 68, Jaguar XJC 76, Falcon Ute XL 62, Falcon Ute XY 4WD, Jeep Grand Larado 03, Mazda 6 Wagon 05, inter 483 tractor 86, makita cordless drill CX TURBO its dented D Special 1 62 ID192000 Xantia V6 2000 Cadillac STS stolen by the princess,KANGA 720DL LOADER

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by frog View Post
    Andrť CitroŽn
    That's Captain Citroen to you!
    It is generally accepted that AndrŤ didn't actually drive, so therefore could not in fact be regarded as a Citroen driver.

On that basis though, we could count Generale de Gaulle, President Chirac, President Kennedy and Queen Elizabeth II. Not forgetting Idi Amin - although most would prefer we did.
    Last edited by UFO; 29th March 2014 at 09:46 PM.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Quote Originally Posted by ARCHRIVAL View Post
    Have put a dash cam in the old falcooon ute when I have 90 minutes of stupidity I might make a feature filum of what some idiots get up to in front of me .no need to worry about my rear as I am always captain slow even when I am exceeding the speed limit.
    so you're the driver that's never been in an accident but seen thousands!lol

JBN

No. He just sets up the scenario, entices some drivers that are dying to get into reality tv to perform, films it all, departs the scene of the crime and gets to watch some funny tv on a Saturday night.

Beats the drivel that we currently get on Free To Air TV and gives some budding actors their first screen test.

John

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

The citroen driver is 100% at fault ...... Having said that the moron that crashed into him is also 100% at fault, I could tell that was going to happen the second the round-a-about came into view, why couldn't he ?? By the sounds of the engine he deliberately rammed the car. I reckon if the police/insurance company sees that video they'll decide the moron taking the footage is at fault.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

100% + 100% = 200%

How so, Shane?

1000+ Posts

Shame this clip is not on You Tube - I refuse to get a Facebook account. AF is quite enough social media for me...

Oh well, will have to make do with your graphic descriptions .

Cheers

Alec

The Citroen driver should have bought a VTS. He is in the wrong model to survive long with that behaviour.

The C4 driver is clearly at fault. The kid in the 4WD clearly ploughed into him because he was "at fault", and could prove it with a dash cam. One of the worst types of drivers.

Alec, I don't think you need a Crackbook account to view it, just allow it to place cookies.

1000+ Posts

Icon10 Egging them on, how did that happen??

Quote Originally Posted by FedGrapes View Post
    The Citroen driver should have bought a VTS. He is in the wrong model to survive long with that behaviour.

The C4 driver is clearly at fault. The kid in the 4WD clearly ploughed into him because he was "at fault", and could prove it with a dash cam. One of the worst types of drivers.
    I can see this developing as an Insurance right off

Like Shane alluded to in his post, the dash cam driver should've pulled back when they were neck and neck towards the roundabout as the (assumed) non-Citroen driver knew what was going to happen.
    1972 SM
    1989 BX 16 Valve

UFO

I suspect there may have been some argy-bargy between them before the traffic lights and the C4 driver had the shits up and was showing the other guy what for - and came out poorly. No excuses for such behaviour though.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by addo View Post
    Alec, I don't think you need a Crackbook account to view it, just allow it to place cookies.
    Thanks addo - it works on computer at home, but told me I had to log in on the phone. I have tried in the past to view Facebook links without success, so a bit surprised this one worked on a proper computer .

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UFO View Post
    I suspect there may have been some argy-bargy between them before the traffic lights and the C4 driver had the shits up and was showing the other guy what for - and came out poorly. No excuses for such behaviour though.
    That's the trouble with using audio visual equipment, often it will provide just as damning information against your own thoughts (culpability ?) and actions. It is a growing trend to have these camera's fitted - obvious need to tell passengers to shut up!! and many of the overseas video's appear to have sound either turned off,edited out, or noise dubbing.

Much the same as when tape recordings started to be in common use, it seems. I hope the driver of the C4 doesn't come up on A/F "after the event"

Twice today my wife and I witnessed absolutely brainless driving as drivers overtook, swerved into lanes and braked, including a heroic sprint by one, far in excess of the 100 kph speed limit, cutting sharply and braking between three lanes of the Freeway and then held up anyway by chock a block traffic. Just fortunate he didn't end up hitting another car.

I guess he would consider himself a "safe" driver with extraordinary reflexes. One day his luck will run out -- might even figure on one of those videos... So many cameras being bought and fitted, it is inevitable I would think...

Ken.

UFO

It must have been mad driver day today. I almost got taken out by a nob in a Merc ML370(?) 4WD thing who despite being well behind me when I checked and still beside double lines where he was, decided that he would just gun it to overtake three cars (inc me) in front of him and thought nothing of going wider on the right side, blasting the horn and forcing me back into my lane. We were doing 80 in a 100 zone behind a British classic of some sort. The MB driver snuck in behind the classic, then as soon as other traffic went past he went around the classic, on double lines, across a bridge, approaching a known rotten right corner. At that stage the rest of us just slowed right down and waited for the crash - fortunately there was none. Funny thing was the classic took a left turn immediately after the bridge.

I was so going "please be a cop, please be a cop", but there wasn't.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Fellow Frogger!

Some 13 years ago we moved to a property just outside a small central Victorian town after spending 30 years in inner-suburban Melbourne. One of the aspects of bucolic country life is the appallingly low standard of driving of the locals. It is so bad that I have often threatened to complain to the police and write to the local newspaper, both actions not followed through as this is a small place, and what's the point anyway.
    One of their favourite ploys is to approach intersections at speed and not stop. It took me some time to figure out quite why this happens and then the penny dropped. The traffic density in the city is high and the expectation is that when approaching an intersection that there will be a vehicle coming that you will have to give way to. In the country the traffic density is very low and the expectation is that there won't be a oncoming vehicle at the intersection. Hence the rush and "oh, shit there's a car".
    My observation (and this is a generalisation) is that they have absolutely no idea of what is going on around them. They are in a parallel universe and wouldn't know if their arse was on fire. This is demonstrated by the number of country drivers who manage to write themselves (and others) off on country roads.
    Another aspect is that in and around country towns, there is limited public transport. This means that in order to get around, the elderly continue to drive well past their use-by date. As a pedestrian I have narrowly averted being mown down by silver-haired geriatrics in little Japanese tin-boxes. It is so bad that I will not cross at pedestrian crossings - it is too dangerous.
    We're about 4 km from the town centre, and I drive there and back each day. It is usual that here will be a bad driving event on each trip.
    I guess that this is the end of the rant, I feel much better now.
    roger

Wonder how far over the 20km/h car park speed limit these two were when they came into that round a bout?
    Anthony O'Brien
    2019 C4 Cactus
    2008 C5
    2007 C4
    2004 C5 Estate

Previous
    2003 C5
    2004 C2 (now with youngest son)
    2006 C2 (now with eldest son)

Tadpole

Dash cam drivers and cyclists seem to find themselves in a lot more dangerous positions than any other road users.

Causation or correlation?
    2012 Citroen DS3 Dsport.
    Was 2010 VW Golf R.

Fellow Frogger!

This seems to be the typical standard of driving of those behind the wheel of a Patrol, Pajero, (insert any proper off road vehicle), with silly plastic marker and oversized / overweight nudge bars designed for this exact occasion. This accident could have been 100% avoided had he not wished to prove a point. Not that the guy in the citroen was not also driving blind.

Seems the guy in the Citroen forgot to indicate to the other guy he was about to merge. He's gone!
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information