Hard starting 03 C5 petrol.
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Hard starting 03 C5 petrol.

Hi all, Has anyone had any problem with hard starting their 2.0ltr. petrol C5 first thing in the morning. Mine is a 2003 model Auto Trans. 112,000km . Has been running fine and has just started to be a bitch first start of the day, seems to lack fuel. After first start it is fine for the rest of the day almost immediate start on turning the key. I use only 98 octane fuel , plugs are fine.

Advertisement

mine is hard to start if it has not much fuel left in the tank.
    cheers Tony

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks Tony, Fuel level is fine rarely below half, currently three quarters of a tank. Being a Citroen she likes to keep me on my toes, but she is becoming tiresome.

1000+ Posts

Default Hard starting bitch ??

Hi tazzy
    I found mine has always been more difficult for the first start when the weather turns cold. It requires several cranks and sometimes struggles to go when it does start for a moment or two. I have chased a few things, like fuel pressure etc, to no avail. Never found a normal problem.

It has been mentioned by other owners on here too. My suggestion is that it is the crap software in the computer. Like other aspects of this car they were too silly with the parameters for the cranking fuel settings. If we could reset some of the mapping it would solve it, I think !! I just live with it now. The starter will wear out earlier too !

Jaahn

The fuel pressure can be monitored by teeing in a gauge and seeing if it all bleeds back overnight.

Thread Information