GS Pallas
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: GS Pallas

Default GS Pallas

this is a question for the real GS gurus. during the resto we have misplaced the canister that is located in the inner guard space that also has a pipe that is connected to it from the side of the air cleaner.

Advertisement

what is it for? and if we dont fit this back what will be the consequences. we will have to get another one from somewhere.

thanks

You don't get that in NZ spec GSs - perhaps a charcoal canister for tighter emissions requirements in Oz?

Yes, from what I've heard it's a charcoal canister to meet ADRs. If you don't get any other replies, I'll see if I have one visible anywhere. You might find they're shared with CXs, which might be a bit more available.

Via the aussiefrogs App
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GS Pallas; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

Hi Lamoor,

It is a carbon filter, you can see it if you zoom in on the photo. A pipe comes from the other carbon filter at the fuel filler end and the one from the filter in the inner guard through the hole with the rubber grommet onto the tube at the end of the air filter end cap.

I think it is to burn fuel vapours.

Hope this helps.

GS Pallas-image.jpg
    Cheers Andrew

Hi Lamoor,

If you can't find one, I'm sure I'll have a spare one on one of my wrecks - let me know if you would like me to fish one out....

Cheers,
    Andrew

Driving - '90 XM, '85 CX IE Auto, 406 Coupe, 405 srdt wagon, '78 dyane, Resting (or Rusting): '73 Birotor '82 CX Presitige, '81 CX Break IE, GS X2, GS1015 Wagon, GS 1300 5sp Wagon, '76 GS 1220 Wagon, '75 GS Wagon, '58 2CV, '58 Vauxhall Velox

Default GS Pallas

Quote Originally Posted by andrewj View Post
    Hi Lamoor,

If you can't find one, I'm sure I'll have a spare one on one of my wrecks - let me know if you would like me to fish one out....

Cheers,
    Andrew
    hi Andrew and Bruce
    thank you very much for the offer, really appreciate it. i am also happy to pay for it, no issues. we will look for it again, as we were very careful to bag and label all the parts, so the fact that this large item has disappeared is baffling. but another clean out of all the spares etc hopefully will reveal something.

thanks again, this project has been so much easier because of the support on this forum.

BTW Andrew we would like see more pic for you car in detail it look great.perhaps on the GS APP thread.

Quote Originally Posted by lamoor View Post
    hi Andrew and Bruce
    thank you very much for the offer, really appreciate it. i am also happy to pay for it, no issues. we will look for it again, as we were very careful to bag and label all the parts, so the fact that this large item has disappeared is baffling. but another clean out of all the spares etc hopefully will reveal something.

thanks again, this project has been so much easier because of the support on this forum.

BTW Andrew we would like see more pic for you car in detail it look great.perhaps on the GS APP thread.
    Hi Lamoor,

I'll dig one out tomorrow- would only be going to the tip otherwise :-) Your car is a '78 right? I'll grab one off a similar era car just in cast. PM me your address.

Progress on the orange machine is very slow. Got side tracked with work + garden + issues on XM and CX daily drives. Don't get me start on how much I hate working on XMs!

Hopefully back on polishing chrome and bolting up over the weekend. Will put some piccies up once I am making progress again!

Cheers,
    Andrew

Driving - '90 XM, '85 CX IE Auto, 406 Coupe, 405 srdt wagon, '78 dyane, Resting (or Rusting): '73 Birotor '82 CX Presitige, '81 CX Break IE, GS X2, GS1015 Wagon, GS 1300 5sp Wagon, '76 GS 1220 Wagon, '75 GS Wagon, '58 2CV, '58 Vauxhall Velox

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by andrewj View Post

Progress on the orange machine is very slow. Got side tracked with work + garden + issues on XM and CX daily drives. Don't get me start on how much I hate working on XMs!

Cheers,
    Andrew
    Working on a CX or DS is bliss after a V6 XM.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Default GS Anti-Polution

GS Pallas-20140322_110628%5B1%5D.jpg
    Ok, Here one is. It connects from the fuel tank breather with a long nylon tube along the inside of the roof to the canister under the front guard.

presumably it absorbs vapours from the fuel tank, holds them in the canister then sucks them into the engine. Anyway, off to do more tinkering on the Orange car.

UFO - absolutely agree with you on XM V6. Five hours + to get the starter out - disconnect airfilter, coils, battery housing, regulator, brake priority valve. unclipping and unbolting all kinds of plastic crap, only to find the one I got from the UK to replace does not fit . Pure torture. On a the GS or CX I would have been in and out in 1hr max if anything was stuck.

UFO

Call me - PM sent
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Thread Information