Grand C4 Picasso 2014
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Grand C4 Picasso 2014

Default Grand C4 Picasso 2014

Hi there, anyone here test driven the new grand picasso? Am looking for a 7 seater to meet the demands of family life these days and this model looks very tempting compared to other people movers in the market

Advertisement

I haven't yet; interesting to read the positive road test reviews on the Citroen then compare those with the new Honda Odyssey articles. The Honda no longer looks like a car/good looking 7 seater. Instead it now looks like an American People mover box that's gone backwards in ride & handling from the previous model. Citroen has gone the other way plus a 6 year warranty beating Hyundai.
    Citroen C5 II manual '05; C4 Exculsive '07; Citroen CX2200 Pallas '76; CX2400 C-matic Pallas '78

I've had a wee go in one. Very cleverly designed interior (especially if you have several kids), and the new digital display dashboard is very clever (assuming it continues to work correctly). They drive pretty much like you'd expect - although I thought it was surprisingly quiet. The front end felt more responsive than my 308sw (which I was contemplating replacing with the Picasso), and the ride more compliant. This one had one of those "blue" HDi motors in it. Good torque etc, but no big change from previous HDi lumps.

I did love the glass roof and cielo windscreen though.

Not sure where in Vic you are but Citroen had one last weekend at the Citroen Concours - Como Park South Yarra. I did not drive it but played with all it's gadgets, was mighty impressed.
    CitroŽn's that own me

- 2008 C5 X7 Tourer (Estate) 2.7 DoubleTurbo Diesel UHZJ - V6.

CitroŽn's that formally owned me

- 1990 BX TRI Estate Manual. .. . "Phoenix" - "Donated to Science"
    - 1990 BX TRI Estate Auto. (Traded In)
    - 1987 BX TRI Hatch.

-------------------------------------------------------------
    Australian Citroen BX - All about the Citroen BX in Oz

Are they bringing in the 5 seat picasso?

The new cars at the Concours were courtesy of Alan Mance Citroen, the new Citroen dealers in Footscray. Speak to Anthony.
    74/75 DS23 Pallas 5 Speed Carby

83 2CV Charleston

79 GSA
    03 Peugeot 406 Hdi
    01 Renault Scenic

Test drove it at alan mance citroen in footscray. Loved it and signed the dotted line after a brief price negotiation. Did not go for any additional options, just the std car. I just hope this model does not have any major reliability issues...

1000+ Posts

First car here to have the new DW10F motor. A little less power and an even cleaner exhaust. Tell us how you find it when there are a few miles passed.

The gearbox is the familiar and reliable AM6.

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by Trotsky View Post
    Test drove it at alan mance citroen in footscray. Loved it and signed the dotted line after a brief price negotiation. Did not go for any additional options, just the std car. I just hope this model does not have any major reliability issues...
    The previous model has had, based on posts on AF, no problems. I recall that one major one reported was caused when a steel cased biro was dropped under the seat and wedged in the seat rail - effectively locking it in place. But hey, that isn't a factory fault.

Hope your new car treats you well.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

tasie C5, at the Citroen Concours the Alan Mance Citroen Grand C4 Picasso was a 7 seater.

Congrats and enjoy Trotsky
    CitroŽn's that own me

- 1987 BX TRI Hatch.

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by tasie C5 View Post
    I'd expect that given the decision to not bring the previous 5 seat model in and that Aus is a small market where MPVs are a relatively small segment, that the 5 seat will not make it here. There is only one of the previous 5 seat model in Aus and it was for sale at Continental Cars a few months ago.

I'll let you know what the 5 seater is like in August.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Thanks all. I'll post some pics of the vehicle once i get it.

On the downside of things, the annual servicing charges are rather high. The 6 years warranty though convinced us to just go for it

1000+ Posts

Then have your ''newbie' serviced at -let's say at a place where the overheads are not so high.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by tasie C5 View Post
    Citroen Australia said no so I'm selling my Grand Picasso and buying something smaller but not Citroen as the Picasso range is the only good machine out all of their offerings.

You should take a look at the new one niks as the 2 rear seats fold flat into the floor and the 2nd row almost flat making a mighty storage space. With the 3rd row flat this would then make it a 5 seater i can't see the cost of a couple of seats and belts breaking the bank.

Grand C4 Picasso 2014-2014_citroen_grand_c4_picasso_7seats.jpgGrand C4 Picasso 2014-2014_citroen_grand_c4_picasso_rearseats-flat.jpgGrand C4 Picasso 2014-citroen_grand_c4_picasso_2014_rear_row.jpgGrand C4 Picasso 2014-citroen-grand-c4-picasso-2014-i01-1024-access.jpg
    CitroŽn's that own me

- 1987 BX TRI Hatch.

We have a 2011 Picasso, just clicked over 100K. No problems of any note, except rubber on buttons wearing off. We use to use the 6&7 seat, not any more, but heh, will by another as there is the odd time they are useful. We will buy again primarily as it is a big interior, lots of space for a family of 5, 3 of whom are 190cm + Economical reliable, it has been a good thing. Prior to that we had a 2005 Odyessy.... the picasso was much better.
    jonesyGT likes this.

Hi All, Drove the new Grand this week, thinking it would have to be great to justify the extra 14K more than the runout 1.6 Turbo petrol @$33k drive away. The new one really is a lovely car. Looks smaller, is not as tall, but literally an extra 4 inches of legroom, which can be shared between the front 2 rows, which as I said above is a factor. Better engine / gearbox..... more conventional auto shift, handles better, plus all the 'bling' of a newer car..... cameras etc. it is just a clever car, as Europeans do better than the Japanese. It really is amazing.... a tardis.... mid size outside, bigger than a C5 / Commodore etc. inside. We will buy the new one, and buy it out of the lease in 3 years, because of the 6 year warranty, but, would be happy with the older one as well, as some of the 'annoyances' of our 2011 have been sorted.( but not the transmission!!) Carl

Hi All, Drove the new Grand this week, thinking it would have to be great to justify the extra 14K more than the runout 1.6 Turbo petrol @$33k drive away. The new one really is a lovely car. Looks smaller, is not as tall, but literally an extra 4 inches of legroom, which can be shared between the front 2 rows, which as I said above is a factor. Better engine / gearbox..... more conventional auto shift, handles better, plus all the 'bling' of a newer car..... cameras etc. it is just a clever car, as Europeans do better than the Japanese. It really is amazing.... a tardis.... mid size outside, bigger than a C5 / Commodore etc. inside. We will buy the new one, and buy it out of the lease in 3 years, because of the 6 year warranty, but, would be happy with the older one as well, as some of the 'annoyances' of our 2011 have been sorted.( but not the transmission!!) Carl

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by flipperman View Post
    You should take a look at the new one niks as the 2 rear seats fold flat into the floor and the 2nd row almost flat making a mighty storage space. With the 3rd row flat this would then make it a 5 seater i can't see the cost of a couple of seats and belts breaking the bank.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014_citroen_grand_c4_picasso_7seats.jpg 
Views:	1269 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	54498Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014_citroen_grand_c4_picasso_rearseats flat.jpg 
Views:	1318 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	54499Click image for larger version. 

Name:	citroen_grand_c4_picasso_2014_rear_row.jpg 
Views:	7744 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	54500Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Citroen-Grand-C4-Picasso-2014-i01-1024-access.jpg 
Views:	11823 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	54501
    My 2010 Grand has seats that do what you claim the new one does. I just needed a better car overall for my health and found the renault latitude meets my requirements, massager in seat which are electric and automatically move the seat to rear when engine turned off, also the aircon has an ion generator installed which is great for long drives as it reduces fatigue. If Citroen had brought in the fully optioned 5 seater as they originally intimidated then i would have bought it. But given they have not improved since being taken over by sime darby I dont think a company i wish to be a customer of, Renault at least is making efforts to grow and their products are good and just the 15,000K servicing interval is better than Citroens 10,000k. Also serving costs are cheaper as well. The grand Picasso is a great car the only problems i had was with the standard of servicing and fitment of accessories ie tow bar fitted as genuine( it was not genuine) but would not accept responsibilty for poor fitment.

Quote Originally Posted by UFO View Post
    I'd expect that given the decision to not bring the previous 5 seat model in and that Aus is a small market where MPVs are a relatively small segment, that the 5 seat will not make it here.
    Back when CitroŽn Australia changed hands, the new boss said they would bring in the 5 seater.
    Somehow how I doubt it will ever happen.
    The rationale for not bringing the previous 5 seater was that it would undercut the regular C4 but I thought then, and still do, that leaving that segment vacant is just a gift to others especially Peugeot and VW.
    I'd really love the C3 Picasso to come here - a great little trucklette.

I collected the grand a week ago and have been loving it ! Its a dream to drive. Fuel consumption average is 6.0 l/100 km after 780 km, mixed driving. The controls are a bit fiddly and need some getting used to. The ride is fantastic. Never been happier with a vehicle. Here are some pics ..Grand C4 Picasso 2014-imageuploadedbyaussiefrogs1397388100.269721.jpg

Grand C4 Picasso 2014-imageuploadedbyaussiefrogs1397388008.116679.jpg

Grand C4 Picasso 2014-imageuploadedbyaussiefrogs1397388141.838869.jpgGrand C4 Picasso 2014-imageuploadedbyaussiefrogs1397388173.508145.jpg
    Jinandfonic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by person s View Post
    Back when CitroŽn Australia changed hands, the new boss said they would bring in the 5 seater.
    Somehow how I doubt it will ever happen.
    The rationale for not bringing the previous 5 seater was that it would undercut the regular C4 but I thought then, and still do, that leaving that segment vacant is just a gift to others especially Peugeot and VW.
    I'd really love the C3 Picasso to come here - a great little trucklette.
    There was a 5 seater brought in for evaluation a couple of years back. Was shown at the Sydney FCD...

I'd assume that the car would of been sent back overseas/crushed or put in storage.
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by STALLED View Post
    There was a 5 seater brought in for evaluation a couple of years back. Was shown at the Sydney FCD...

I'd assume that the car would of been sent back overseas/crushed or put in storage.
    that's the one that UFO mentioned in another thread
    a blue one - saw it once, wish I'd known it was for sale

Tadpole

Default lautrec

I picked up my new grand Picasso last Thursday. Everything is fantastic, except I can' t seem to load iPod
    Albums into the jukebox. I' be tried to follow instructions from the manual but to no avail. Any suggestions?

Congrats Lauren. We have not tried moving files to the jukebox, am thinking it may not be possible because of apple's security and copyright restrictions. It streams very well when ipod is hooked up though.

On a less exciting note, the vehicle seems to have developed an intermittent knock at the front passenger side suspension . Will be getting it booked in for an inspection.
    Last edited by Trotsky; 26th April 2014 at 11:25 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information