DS4 gearbox??
  • Help

Thread: DS4 gearbox??

Tadpole

Default DS4 gearbox??

I am not impressed with the 6 speed auto in my 2013 Hdi DS4. Is it a AL4 or something different??

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

The 2.0 DW10C diesel is mated to the Japanese Aisin 6 speed automatic. Same setup as the C5. It's a super box, but it can adapt to the way it's driven. What's the problem?

Tadpole

Unless I select sport mode the box changes into too higher a gear. It always changes all the way up to 6th gear while driving at 60ks, Then after slowing to corner it's always in too higher gear for acceleration after taking the corner. Then there's when slowing down I'll be slowed to 25 to 30 and it's still in 6h gear. The dealer tells me it's an adaptive box and learns how I drive but sounds like BS to me.

1000+ Posts

The transmission control unit (TCU) is on the top of the box, and is connected to the vehicle ECU as well as to its own sensors and control solenoids.

The PSA training sheet says:
    "pour un meilleur confort du conducteur, le calculateur (TCU) choisit la meilleure loi de passage en fonction du profil de la route et du comportement du conducteur"

For better driver comfort, the computer (TCU) chooses the best transition law (shift programme) based on the profile of the road and the driver's behaviour.

I find with the C5 in normal mode that a long country or motorway drive leaves it prone to keeping in higher gears for a while when you reach the city. A stop-start session in Sydney traffic makes it reluctant for a while to get up to D6 until you are well over 60 kph. It does adjust.

It also holds lower gears if you are engine braking.

UFO

Nope, they're an adaptive box and they learn how you drive. Take it for an Italian Tuneup ģ and re-educate it. Enthusiastic application of the right foot should see things sort themselves out.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Fellow Frogger!

I can relate the early up changes in my c5 1.6t petrol. My auto is also an AW 6sp. What I also find annoying is that engaging gear is also slower than other autos I have used - it's like its a softer, slower engagement into drive rather than the more traditional sharp engagement. Tend to notice it when doing 3point turns. What are other experiences in this regard. Cheers

I was very impressed with the C5 gear box when first acquired - it knew that I wanted to slow down just because I took my foot off the accelerator and would not change up with my foot on the accelerator.

Now, I take control by flicking it over to the "manual" mode.

John

Thread Information