calling all DS tool owners!
  • Help

Default calling all DS tool owners!

I am very keen to lay my hands on the extractor 3312-T for ball joint removal and a 3505-T though what are the chances, none of the Euro suppliers have them.

Advertisement

I know I can bang off the joints but if someone could lend even rent me these then all the better!

If you can steer me towards them that would be ace, I want to do the driveshafts and hubs back in in one go.

I'll have all the steering wheel tools soon so will be in a position to lend those out when I finish the engine bay reco job.

PM me if you have the valuable info I seek.

Cheers

Steven

Franzose have 'em. (3310-T and 3314-T)

Edit - It looks like you want a ball joint releasing tool, not the ones to wind them out the hub...
    Last edited by addo; 12th March 2014 at 07:30 PM.

Yep that's right Addo, I could just not take them off but anyway, good to see what condition the joints are in, guess I have to check the shims then.

You're aware that one of the hub ball joints seems to have really soft threads? Only seems to take a small dag on the hub forging, to shave the threads down to a useless level as it's wound out.

That isn't promising. Are you recommending If it ain't broken don't mess with it?

My experience is very limited (and I was under supervision at the time!) but yes, unless you can feel noticeable slop with the arms uncoupled, I'd be leery of tinkering. Others will know which joint has the softer threads.

From memory it was the factory staking which created the dags that shaved off the threads. If you buzzed them away carefully first with a die grinder and fine cutter, you should be OK to tweak.

Thread Information