seen in Tasmania
  • Help
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: seen in Tasmania

Default seen in Tasmania

Who was the bearded guy in the cream DS that I waved at from an innocuous grey X-trail on the way down highway 1 towards Hobart ?
    Via the aussiefrogs App

Advertisement
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

and the blue DS I just saw leaving Hobart airport?

Via the aussiefrogs App
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

I will have to own up to the blue 1972 D Special at the Hobart airport today. I picked up a daughter and her husband, I've not seen for a few years, in style, and their huge luggage fitted just fine into the boot. She was suitably impressed by my toy of choice, but still wants dibs on the Kombi. I'm hoping her wait is a very long one.
    The mentioned cream D, driven by a hirsute gentleman, and companion, was just spotted this afternoon by a workmate up in Launceston towing a pop top caravan! Maybe a large A van, by his description.
    Cheers all.
    Last edited by Goddess fan; 13th March 2014 at 11:11 PM.

We drove the gold DS from Devonport to Hobart on Saturday!

Not much activity here lately! Anyway, spotted a white CX wagon towing a trailer heading south from Beaconsfield about lunchtime today. Anyone here?
    Stephen
    '03 P406 HDI
    '16 Renault Master

1000+ Posts

I l trust that all of you guys have noted the upcoming "Wogs & Frogs" event on 7/11 at the Automobile Museum in Launceston (see Social Events listing). Should spot quite a few frogs there. Spread the word please.

cheers! Peter

I think Willie de Gunst has our very old CX2000 wagon down in Tassie these days. We upgraded it to Diravi while we had it. AXGT had a lot of fun driving it to school and moving large quantities of concert band music equipment around in it.

Cheers,

Ken W

d special with caravan would have to be julian ridges, not on this site

Blue Dyane in Kingston this afternoon - Andrew?
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GS Pallas; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

Yup. More than welcome to drop by for a coffee if you are down this way....

Driving - '90 XM, '85 CX IE Auto, 406 Coupe, 405 srdt wagon, '78 dyane, Resting (or Rusting): '73 Birotor '82 CX Presitige, '81 CX Break IE, GS X2, GS1015 Wagon, GS 1300 5sp Wagon, '76 GS 1220 Wagon, '75 GS Wagon, '58 2CV, '58 Vauxhall Velox

mmmmmmmmmmm......all these spottings in Tassie...I live in Newcastle NSW...and never see a DS or CX

There is, I think, still a white DS owned by one of my cousins, and another cousin has a burgundy light 15. Of our family cars, all long sold, a cream 1st nose ID with red upholstery, a blue 1974 5spd DS (gold cloth upholstery?) (one of these two cars I think the DS went to WA), and a sort of metallic green (Dad just mixed all the paint he could find in the shed!), 1st nose ID Safari, but converted to 2nd nose when it was rebuilt after Dad bought for the 2nd time. I'm pretty sure this car is in Hobart, there was a rumour it was winning awards years ago! That just amazes me because I know how much modification was done to that car.
    A mate of mine is still (I think) restoring a gold DS with fuel injection and auto change gearbox (this was at Dad's for years).

Here's one from the dashcam on the way up from Hobart to Mt. Nelson last month.

seen in Tasmania-ds-tas.jpg
    Stephen
    '03 P406 HDI
    '16 Renault Master

Quote Originally Posted by rbwadley View Post
    There is, I think, still a white DS owned by one of my cousins, and another cousin has a burgundy light 15. Of our family cars, all long sold, a cream 1st nose ID with red upholstery, a blue 1974 5spd DS (gold cloth upholstery?) (one of these two cars I think the DS went to WA), and a sort of metallic green (Dad just mixed all the paint he could find in the shed!), 1st nose ID Safari, but converted to 2nd nose when it was rebuilt after Dad bought for the 2nd time. I'm pretty sure this car is in Hobart, there was a rumour it was winning awards years ago! That just amazes me because I know how much modification was done to that car.
    A mate of mine is still (I think) restoring a gold DS with fuel injection and auto change gearbox (this was at Dad's for years).
    i dismantled a rusty gold ds21 injection with hydraulic gearshift, came from eggs and bacon bay down south of hobart

Tadpole

Purchased from Keith Wadley about 25 years ago. New floor fabricated, mechanically sorted, registered and used for a few years. Now awaiting more TLC on body. Think will keep 2nd nose. Bring back memories rb. seen in Tasmania-image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by citrojo View Post
    Purchased from Keith Wadley about 25 years ago. New floor fabricated, mechanically sorted, registered and used for a few years. Now awaiting more TLC on body. Think will keep 2nd nose. Bring back memories rb. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	78365
    Love it.
    When Dad bought this car the first time we were living in Georgetown, it was dark grey in colour. Dad sold it to his father, Eric Wadley. Grandpa had it a couple of years, including a trip to WA, where the windscreen was replaced. When Grandpa was ready to sell, Dad couldn't afford it. Years later we bough 5 cars + parts from a yard in Invermay. The safari was part of the haul, and the only one that didn't get broken up. It was painted sky blue. I must apologise for the awful hole where the RHS heater enters the firewall. It was done with a cold chisel made from a leaf Spring!
    i drove this car last in about 1979, when I was in year 12 & doing a bit of kayaking. Great car for toting kayaks about.

Quote Originally Posted by Balki View Post
    i dismantled a rusty gold ds21 injection with hydraulic gearshift, came from eggs and bacon bay down south of hobart
    No, Rick's car is in Launceston somewhere as of 2012. Apart from being dismantled the car was in great shape.

seen in Tasmania-image.jpegThis is what the green safari originally looked like. Location is the West Coast of Tas, my grandfather owned the car at the time, & he clocked up a fair few thousand kms with it.

Thread Information