New warranties for ds range and picasso
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New warranties for ds range and picasso

Tadpole

Default New warranties for ds range and picasso

I see on Cars Advice Simm Darby announcing 6 yr warranties for DS range and Picasso models. Checked with Citroen customer service and not being made retrospective. Does this mean QC has improved dramaticly since Chinese buying in?

Advertisement

Hope they can fix the electronic problem with my 2013 DS4 before the 3 yr warranty runs out.

This lack of willingness to step up and build ground support, has been the double-edged sword of CitroŽn in Australia since the XM years. I hope your situation progresses well.

Quote Originally Posted by lordy50 View Post
    I see on Cars Advice Simm Darby announcing 6 yr warranties for DS range and Picasso models. Checked with Citroen customer service and not being made retrospective. Does this mean QC has improved dramaticly since Chinese buying in?

Hope they can fix the electronic problem with my 2013 DS4 before the 3 yr warranty runs out.
    A couple of points....

- If something is reported during warranty and not correctly fixed during warranty, it is still repairable as though the warranty is in place.

Additionally:

- Australian consumer law warrants every product. The 'manufacturers warranty' is a SUPPLEMENT to this, not a replacement. The legal definition of warrant-able comes down to what a 'reasonable person' would expect a product to do/last. As an example, a reasonable person would expect an expensive television to last longer than a significantly cheaper one of the same size.

I would suggest that it is unreasonable to have failing electrics in a car less than 3 years old....and would go so far to say that you could pursue this for YEARS and the supplier would still be held to account.

bbg
    Tadpole

This lack of willingness to step up and build ground support

Another Citroen dealer in Melbourne has given them up. Zagame left 2 years back and Lance Dixon is gone with only a few clearance cars for sale. It does not give one much faith about what is going one with dealers leaving and no new ones coming on line.

Fellow Frogger!

Alan Mance are new agents in Footscray.
    They appear very keen to engage with Citroen owners and hosted a French Film night recently for CCOCA members and some new customers. I say give them a chance. Hawk

It's not so much about giving dealers a chance; the risk is their decision to accept. It's more the continuum of items which should have reasonably been met in a more forward manner by PSA, that gets me.

Current shape Berlingo front strut rattles - known problem, more complained-about in the UK as they sell a passenger version there - but both varieties can come free with a nasty rattle from new.
    Xantia blower fans burning out the ignition switch contacts - no recall, no free upgrade.
    C3's with the radiator fan which created current draw spikes, sending the ECU into panic mode - retail on a new fan is $700+ and no concessions to afflicted older cars.
    1.6 diesels with injector nuts backing off, and the super-blockable turbo oil feed line. Where was the recall?

Fellow Frogger!

One could go back into history. DS front suspension mount welding ( SM too ) SM timing chains, BX door hinges, Borg Warner 35 automatic leaks, AL4 problems, C5 2.2 HDI heat exchangers, and C5 (?) and C4 fuse boxes, .... but the most shocking of all is the strut failure possibilities on Xantia and XM. That is really criminal and to not even admit there is a problem is verging on criminal neglect. ( Were there any court cases ? Not sold in North America of course ).
    Forget cosmetic items like windscreen surrounds on C5s and heater fan modules, that sudden failure of a primary safety structural item is unforgiveable. At least the fatigue cracking on C5 alloy ( they look like steel ) wheels was subject to recall and replacement.
    One could also add the current electro valve replacements needed on 6 speed automatics. The Hydractive looks like being pretty well sorted ( touch wood !! after 60 years of evolution ) and is now under threat, yet plain hardware type conventional industry standard components are still not to Asian standards.

Quote Originally Posted by fritzelhund View Post
    One could go back into history. DS front suspension mount welding ( SM too ) SM timing chains, BX door hinges, Borg Warner 35 automatic leaks, AL4 problems, C5 2.2 HDI heat exchangers, and C5 (?) and C4 fuse boxes, .... but the most shocking of all is the strut failure possibilities on Xantia and XM. That is really criminal and to not even admit there is a problem is verging on criminal neglect. ( Were there any court cases ? Not sold in North America of course ).
    Forget cosmetic items like windscreen surrounds on C5s and heater fan modules, that sudden failure of a primary safety structural item is unforgiveable. At least the fatigue cracking on C5 alloy ( they look like steel ) wheels was subject to recall and replacement.
    One could also add the current electro valve replacements needed on 6 speed automatics. The Hydractive looks like being pretty well sorted ( touch wood !! after 60 years of evolution ) and is now under threat, yet plain hardware type conventional industry standard components are still not to Asian standards.

EEK! Why am I driving a C5 and why am I embarking on a DS restoration? If PSA give off the appearance of being criminally negligent then are we collectively certifiably insane for purchasing their products?
    It also makes you wonder if PSA, or any manufacturer for that matter regularly browse these kind of forums (fora?) to gauge public perception of their products.

I don't think they care. But for a dealer or independent agent speaking to the owner of a new-enough car (yet maybe out of statutory warranty) it's a genuine problem.

Expecting the repairer to sugar-coat the issue, or the owner to simply accept the cost - I don't consider either reasonable.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Alan Mance are new agents in Footscray.
    They appear very keen to engage with Citroen owners and hosted a French Film night recently for CCOCA members and some new customers. I say give them a chance. Hawk
    They would need to work extremely hard to remove their reputation for charging for servicings that they do not complete or do at all.
    Sime Darby have not done anything re improving customer relationships which is the main reason I am not trading my picasso in on a new one, i particularly wanted the five seater which they alluded to bringing in. We have enough hoon cars aka ds3 and 4. they do not even know how to do a decent ad for the vehicle as the current ads just show the car driving around streets with a couple of dolled up passengers who would not know a Citroen from a horse and buggy. By their poor trade in offers they just add salt to the wound. The grand Picasso is a great car never had any problems with the car just the attitude of the importers when asking questions like why lie to your customers or just say thanks for your input, its passed on to the manager and that's the end of it. Companies in this day and age still forget they only exist because of customers and the best ones are those who come back because they never forget how they are made to feel when doing business with a reputable company.
    Last edited by niks; 7th March 2014 at 08:01 AM.

Fellow Frogger!

I'd be surprised if PSA fully backed the warranty for the 6 years. Most probably, PSA backs the first three years or so and then the remaining three years are underwritten by Sime through a third party which they have purchased (and probably factored into the RRP of the cers). You wouldn't off course see this in the warranty booklet - it's for all intensive purposes a 6 year warranty. But I wonder if the attitude to claims changes after year 3?

That's my reckoning - why else wouldn't they offer it on c-line cars? Are they built to a lesser quality (let's not go there!)

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by ScotFrog View Post
    It also makes you wonder if PSA, or any manufacturer for that matter regularly browse these kind of forums (fora?) to gauge public perception of their products.
    It wouldn't bother them if they did read these forums.

However My (subjective) impression is that things are improving. Quality seems to be better - the main issues are making sure that their leading edge cars are serviced correctly and faults (service needs ) are correctly diagnosed early on, preferably.

Thread Information