Source for the round headlights for a GS Pallas GE.
  • Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    Posts
    13

    Default Source for the round headlights for a GS Pallas GE.

    I have a 1979 GS Pallas GE with the four round headlights. Unfortunatly one of the dip lights has leaked and the reflector's chrome/silver has disintegrated so it won't pass a Warrent of Fitness. I'm having trouble finding the correct replacement headlight. I can find the right diameter lights but so far they all have three mounting lugs instead of the four on the Citroen headlight.

    Advertisement


    Does anyone know where I can get a replacement?

  2. #2
    Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California, USA
    Posts
    3,534

    Default

    If all else fails you can have it re-silvered. That's a common repair for an odd or rare lamp.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

  3. #3
    Ashtray Polisher donat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    1,475

    Default

    I do believe (and someone here can correct me) that you can slot in lights from quad beam Peugeot 504
    1972 SM
    1989 BX 16 Valve

  4. #4
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hotrodelectric View Post
    If all else fails you can have it re-silvered. That's a common repair for an odd or rare lamp.
    At the moment that is looking like the main option available to me. I would be stuffed if I broke a headlight though. I'd have to convert it to the trapazoidal headlights and indicators.

  5. #5
    Member artisan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Ferny Creek Victoria
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    I have a 1979 GS Pallas GE with the four round headlights. Unfortunatly one of the dip lights has leaked and the reflector's chrome/silver has disintegrated so it won't pass a Warrent of Fitness. I'm having trouble finding the correct replacement headlight. I can find the right diameter lights but so far they all have three mounting lugs instead of the four on the Citroen headlight.

    Does anyone know where I can get a replacement?
    I got mine re silvered by Classic Lights in South Australia. They did a really good job, if you want contact details just let me know.
    Cheers Andrew

  6. #6
    Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Ballarat,Vic,Aust.
    Posts
    16,428

    Default

    you can fit a sealed beam in there from memory ..... The original headlights were't great, the glass fell off them, and the reflectors deteriated rapidly.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

    Yay ... No Slugomatics


    Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

  7. #7
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    Posts
    13

    Default

    My GS is back on the road. I had to get the headlight resilvered. Turns out the connector to the headlamp bulb is also getting a bit old and ropey and my auto electrician can't source a replacement one.

    If I have anymore problems with the round headlights I guess I'll get my GS converted to the common trapazoidal ones.

  8. #8
    Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California, USA
    Posts
    3,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    My GS is back on the road. I had to get the headlight resilvered. Turns out the connector to the headlamp bulb is also getting a bit old and ropey and my auto electrician can't source a replacement one.

    If I have anymore problems with the round headlights I guess I'll get my GS converted to the common trapazoidal ones.
    Dumb question, Gnome: what type do you need? Can't be that hard to source/replace/substitute. Put up a pic, lemme see wot ya got.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •