Source for the round headlights for a GS Pallas GE.
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Source for the round headlights for a GS Pallas GE.

I have a 1979 GS Pallas GE with the four round headlights. Unfortunatly one of the dip lights has leaked and the reflector's chrome/silver has disintegrated so it won't pass a Warrent of Fitness. I'm having trouble finding the correct replacement headlight. I can find the right diameter lights but so far they all have three mounting lugs instead of the four on the Citroen headlight.

Advertisement

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement?

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

If all else fails you can have it re-silvered. That's a common repair for an odd or rare lamp.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

I do believe (and someone here can correct me) that you can slot in lights from quad beam Peugeot 504
    1972 SM
    1989 BX 16 Valve

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by Hotrodelectric View Post
    If all else fails you can have it re-silvered. That's a common repair for an odd or rare lamp.
    At the moment that is looking like the main option available to me. I would be stuffed if I broke a headlight though. I'd have to convert it to the trapazoidal headlights and indicators.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    I have a 1979 GS Pallas GE with the four round headlights. Unfortunatly one of the dip lights has leaked and the reflector's chrome/silver has disintegrated so it won't pass a Warrent of Fitness. I'm having trouble finding the correct replacement headlight. I can find the right diameter lights but so far they all have three mounting lugs instead of the four on the Citroen headlight.

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement?
    I got mine re silvered by Classic Lights in South Australia. They did a really good job, if you want contact details just let me know.
    Cheers Andrew

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

you can fit a sealed beam in there from memory ..... The original headlights were't great, the glass fell off them, and the reflectors deteriated rapidly.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Tadpole

My GS is back on the road. I had to get the headlight resilvered. Turns out the connector to the headlamp bulb is also getting a bit old and ropey and my auto electrician can't source a replacement one.

If I have anymore problems with the round headlights I guess I'll get my GS converted to the common trapazoidal ones.

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    My GS is back on the road. I had to get the headlight resilvered. Turns out the connector to the headlamp bulb is also getting a bit old and ropey and my auto electrician can't source a replacement one.

If I have anymore problems with the round headlights I guess I'll get my GS converted to the common trapazoidal ones.
    Dumb question, Gnome: what type do you need? Can't be that hard to source/replace/substitute. Put up a pic, lemme see wot ya got.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

Thread Information