Citroen C5 2010/2011
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Citroen C5 2010/2011

Has anybody had any experience driving and owning a C5 diesel ? I'm looking at the possible purchase of a diesel either four cylinder or v6 .This vehicle will be used as my work vehicle and thus needs to be reliable. I'm currently driving a RX 330 Lexus, so either a Citroen S/W or sedan would suit.

Advertisement

We have had one for two and a half years and 50,000km (2.0l HDi). Pleasure to drive and loves the open road. Fuel economy around 6.5 l/100km
    Current Cars
    Australia's 2016 C5 2.0HDi Last
    2011 C5 2.0HDi Comfort
    1973 Citroen D Super 5,
    1981 Citroen CX 2400 Pallas C-matic,
    1981 Citroen CX 2400ie Super Familiale C-matic - Raid Arctique 2014
    1991 Mazda E2200
    1924 Citroen 'la petit citron'

1000+ Posts

You are likely looking at the latest 2.0 HDI motor, the DW10CTED4, which can be identified by the letters RHH in the VIN. It's performance is more than adequate, easier to service, and I wouldn't chase after a V6 myself. 2011 cars have an update where the daylight running lights became LEDs, and the tail light trim was bright chromed. The 2010 models can be got in Comfort leather trim, electric brakes and seats and hydraulic suspension. Later models at the bottom of the trim range (Attraction) have similar but sprung suspension, and a few less interior goodies. Exclusives of either year have the works. Both kinds are fabulous cars to drive on the open road and very pleasant around town. The gearbox will adapt to the way you use it.

You can Google the owner's manuals for a decent perve at the details. Being modern very high output diesels, proper servicing is essential.

Quote Originally Posted by chris hartwell View Post
    Has anybody had any experience driving and owning a C5 diesel ? I'm looking at the possible purchase of a diesel either four cylinder or v6 .This vehicle will be used as my work vehicle and thus needs to be reliable. I'm currently driving a RX 330 Lexus, so either a Citroen S/W or sedan would suit.

With due respect to your RX Chris, the C5 will be miles ahead.

We've covered 100K+ kms in ours over the 4 years of ownership (a 2004 2.0HDi) and would not hesitate to consider an update in the near future.

Our Audi Quattro gets left behind by choice by the C5. Far more enjoyable to drive with so many restrictions and so much congestion in Melbourne now days (without regard to the outstanding the economy of the diesel)!

Regards,

John

Go for the hydra/pneumatic C5. Mine is due for 70,000km service tomorrow. Great on the open road. Just done Launceston and back (380km) for a consumption of 5.5L/100km. Adjustable ride height is a boon for me as is the self levelling of the suspension. NO faults, very reliable. Six speed auto, great. Two litre Hdi has adequate power. Allan.
    Last edited by tasie C5; 25th February 2014 at 12:42 AM.

UFO

Mine had its 120k km service last week and continues to impress. A trip to Melglum and back from Thursday to Sunday with 1900km on the odo for 6.1 l/100km. It just keeps going!
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Thread Information