2007 C5 2.0L HDI 6 Speed Auto What To Look Out For When Buying.
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 2007 C5 2.0L HDI 6 Speed Auto What To Look Out For When Buying.

Hi Guys I was surfing the net and found a good looking 07 model C5 with a 2L HDI coupled to a six speed auto. I was just wondering what problems do I have to look for in this model of C5. Also I thought these 07 model diesels were the 2.2L. I have a 2003 C5 that I would like to trade in on it. Any information much appreciated.

Advertisement
    2003 Citroen C5 80th anniversary.

www.beancrew.com.au

Fellow Frogger

You could buy a 2.0 or a 2.2HDi 6 speed at that time, sold concurrently. If it's from a dealer and under 160K, then you should have a warranty to sort out any major faults that emerge. Buying privately, be more cautious. If it drives well, is in good condition and feels right, then it's probably at least a reasonable car. The model you are interested in was quite well sorted out and other than the obvious used car checks the major faults to check for could include gearbox slip, esp 2-3 upchange, and creaking rear suspension arm bearings. Make sure the headlight globes work as HID lamps will be more expensive than you expect.

Tadpole

Thanks David S for your reply and great Info.

I am still looking around at the moment as it seems to be a buyers market with prices of cars with low k's are very reasonably priced.

Thanks.
    2003 Citroen C5 80th anniversary.

www.beancrew.com.au

As well as checking that the gearbox changes are smooth, also put it into manual change mode to check the torque converter lockup is working well. In manual change mode, it should stay locked up in 3,4,5 and 6th with engine revs holding pretty constant when accelerating and decelerating, and then only changing as speed increases or decreases like to would with a manual gearbox. The only proviso on that is that they will drop the lockout if engine revs fall below about 1500rpm on no throttle.

I suggest this test because I have been caught by a failed lockup system on a rebuilt AL4 box in the past.

Cheers,

Ken W

Thread Information