DS Leather Steering Wheel Covers
  • Register
  • Help

Default DS Leather Steering Wheel Covers

Hi all
    Im considering one of these wheel covers from ebay

FOR CITROEN DS 55-75 TOP QUALITY ITALIAN LEATHER STEERING WHEEL COVER BLACK | eBay

ive been in touch with the seller, and it turns out that he also makes them. He has requested the dimensions of the DS steering wheel so that he can make ones which fit correctly (despite the ad implying that one size fits all!).
    Unfortunately, my D is currently 600km away so I'm unable to measure mine, but would someone who has the early style steering wheel mind measuring the diameter, overall circumference, and circumference of the grip for me?

Advertisement

Many thanks

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

The rim circumference- is that with the factory wrap on, or just the plain steel? That's going to make a big difference on width of the leather.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

There are at least three wheel sizes fitted to the DS. Apart from the later "safety" soft wheel (like mine in photo with leather cover) the earlier wound steel wheel comes in two diameters, with or without power steering.

DS Leather Steering Wheel Covers-ds-leather-wheel.jpg
    Michael
    Member, Citroen Car Club NSW

DS23 Pallas 5 sp. "Francoise" , BX19TRi Auto "Jacques Dutronc" , Teardrop Trailer "The Toad", BMW R65 "Rosamund"
    In the past: Renault 750, Dauphine, R4, R8, R10, Peugeot 504 Familiale, ID 19 (x2), Safari (x2)

Ah ha, good points. Mine would be the smaller diameter (power steering equipped), spiral wrapped wheel.

thanks

I surprised anyone would choose to put a leather cover over the spiral wrap? But, an easy fix for someone if they wanted to return the car to original.

mb

Thread Information