Bluetooth ECU scanner for Citroen c5 (2003) from ebay. It works!
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By harrisson_citroen

Thread: Bluetooth ECU scanner for Citroen c5 (2003) from ebay. It works!

Fellow Frogger!

Default Bluetooth ECU scanner for Citroen c5 (2003) from ebay. It works!

I purchased this for my 2003 c5

Advertisement

Auto CAR V1 5 ELM327 OBD2 Odbii Bluetooth CAN BUS Scanner Tool Torque Android | eBay

and along with the torque app for android, works a treat. Can scan and clear codes and reads a bunch of live data. $25 total.

Thanks to harrison_citroen for help in finding one that works!

Fellow Frogger!

Bought one last year, never did manage to get it working, all i got was a cartoon window of an imaginary instrument panel. Might have to try again, but laptop is running that god awfull Vista. Now if I could get the C5 upstairs I could use the desktop XP [deep thinks].

Thank God for my Hydroen harrisson_citroen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shanadoo View Post
    Now if I could get the C5 upstairs I could use the desktop XP [deep thinks].
    Put the C5 height setting on high, and see if it'll reach upstairs!
    shanadoo likes this.
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

How helpful are the code descriptions that the code reader displays against the fault codes?

Cheers,

Ken W

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by harrisson_citroen View Post
    Put the C5 height setting on high, and see if it'll reach upstairs!
    Last time I put it on high the damn dog thought it was a new kennel. And I now remember the postie thought I was building a mud racer.
    Last edited by shanadoo; 29th January 2014 at 03:18 PM.

Last time I put it on high the damn dog thought it was a new kennel. And I now remember the postie thought I was building a mud racer.
    The dog, was a Greyhound, is now, a Dachshund.

I wonder if they work with macs'?

Tadpole

1000+ Posts

Has anyone got experience with an open source scanner running with a non-obsolete OS (ie, standard Linux, without Wine or a virtual machine)? There are several about. I've also heard of a Python app for Mac that has been standardised. Preferably for Citroen data.

This is what I've been using on my C5 HDi. I bought it 2 years ago to use on the xsara and never got around to setting it up. monitors kph, rpm, boost (now that i've got some) temp, MAF, engine load. also resets fault codes. Check my adventure on
    "normally aspirated HDi turbo diesel C5 2.0 sohc froggy smoke generator." I have on loan a Lexia so I'll do some comparisons to see what it thinks is going on.
    PvA
    C5,
    2cv
    minimatic
    moke,
    another moke
    Vermorel

Fellow Frogger!

Well spent about five hrs on two computers today with no success. Both XP, pack 3, and Vista wouldn't recognize any of it. So what else is new.

Tried again today, [friday] cleared everything and downloaded anew. Plug in matchbox and zilch, nothing. Looks like I've got a dud unit. So it's in bin. Another $20 bucks wasted. Ho hum.
    Last edited by shanadoo; 7th February 2014 at 09:52 PM. Reason: adding

On the strength of Gareth's success, I ordered one of these. I then installed Torque lite on my S3 for free as a trial.

It didn't work on my series 2 Xantia but then I remembered this is not true OBD so only a Lexia will work on this car. So I tried it on the 2008 C5 X7 and away it went. I managed to get 18psi boost up on the test drive around the block. I must try reading some fault codes next time I get a chance to see how well Torque can interpret them.

I am having some issues getting Torque to arrange my instrument dials but that may be because I only have the Lite version so far.

Next I should try it on a 2002 Xsara - it could be very handy to check what the ignition advance is doing.

Cheers,

Ken W

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
    How helpful are the code descriptions that the code reader displays against the fault codes?

Cheers,

Ken W
    Just basically gives you the code and the rest is a good google search. For example, I had an anti-pollution fault, plugged it in, scanned and the description was secondary air injection failure or close to that. Google tells me its only required for euro cars to pass emissions tests but don't need it in Oz. Cleared code and will wait till it pops up next (around every month or so) then clear and repeat

I bought the full version, have it on my CHEAP android tablet and all the dials I need and more I don't but hey, had the screen space
    Last edited by garethb; 18th February 2014 at 05:59 PM.

Thanks Gareth,

Quite a few of the codes on the Lexia are like that - just a code and no description. My C5 is saying no faults at the moment although the BSI has got hundreds stored. The OBD reader and Torque doesn't pick up any of the old codes.

Cheers,

Ken W

PS It works on the 2002 Xsara with the NFU engine too.
    Last edited by Ken W; 18th February 2014 at 06:07 PM. Reason: add PS

Fellow Frogger!

Well spent about five hrs on two computers today with no success. Both XP, pack 3, and Vista wouldn't recognize any of it. So what else is new.

Tried again today, [friday] cleared everything and downloaded anew. Plug in matchbox and zilch, nothing. Looks like I've got a dud unit. So it's in bin. Another $20 bucks wasted. Ho hum.
    Try with the Torque app for android? Theres a lite free version you can test with....

EDIT: Just checked the date on your post, most likely too late

Fellow Frogger!

According to the app description, it should read stored codes as well..... maybe its a limitation of the bluetooth scanner? The scanner (not the app) does say it doesn't support the C5, maybe thats what they meant.

Anyway, just a cheap option for anyone wanting to clear/read codes rather than shell out for Lexia (or clone off fleabay for $100+). Plus the live data makes a nice $25 investment I think.

Thank God for my Hydroen harrisson_citroen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by garethb View Post
    Just basically gives you the code and the rest is a good google search. For example, I had an anti-pollution fault, plugged it in, scanned and the description was secondary air injection failure or close to that. Google tells me its only required for euro cars to pass emissions tests but don't need it in Oz. Cleared code and will wait till it pops up next (around every month or so) then clear and repeat

I bought the full version, have it on my CHEAP android tablet and all the dials I need and more I don't but hey, had the screen space
    Guys,

Post your fault codes and I'll tell you what they are.
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks harrisson, its actually per your advice I'm not worrying about the secondary air pump fault

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by garethb View Post
    Try with the Torque app for android? Theres a lite free version you can test with....

EDIT: Just checked the date on your post, most likely too late
    Finally got time to check frogs site, and yes scanner went on Tuesday in the back of a big smelly truck. Was Chinese anyway so it'll probably come back as a commodore part.

Tadpole

I own Citroen C5 2003 HDi and bought the CY300 Viecar OBTII scanner and all I can get to is a error message regardless of what I do. Any ideas on this problem on this model C5 ? tx

Thread Information