Who upset Hotrodelectric ?
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 Last
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Who upset Hotrodelectric ?

Thank God for my Hydroen harrisson_citroen's Avatar

Default Who upset Hotrodelectric ?

hey guys, did any of you upset Hotrodelectric ?

Advertisement

I was very much relying on and appreciating his wide knowledge of things electric, but now he is not posting anymore and I'm kind of worried someone may have upset him with remark or something.
    Or does anyone know the reason he's not posting anymore. I sincerely hope it is only short lived because he is an excellent contributor and we need more like that.
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

Maybe he's been invited to look at Steph's car collection in PA?

IWS

Have you tried a PM?
    I recall in an earlier thread that he was needing an escape from San Diego -so maybe that is the answer?

Administrator

He was last logged in today at 6:39pm...

1000+ Posts

Hey HRE, we do appreciate the sparks you generate and I enjoy your posts

Hope all is well. Perhaps it's just the cold hibernation period! My mate in Illinois is looking forward to Summer...eventually.

Ken

JBN

Quote Originally Posted by IWS View Post
    Have you tried a PM?
    I recall in an earlier thread that he was needing an escape from San Diego -so maybe that is the answer?
    I believe its easier to escape from San Diego than Alcatraz, so hopefully when he is free we will hear of him again. He may change his Username to conceal his identity from the FBI (Froggy Bureau de Inquisition).

John
    Kenfuego likes this.

Thank God for my Hydroen harrisson_citroen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mistareno View Post
    He was last logged in today at 6:39pm...
    The plot thickens..... Come on Hotrod, give up, log in mate, all is forgiven. We love you in here maaaaaate, huh plus I need to finish my car's electrics.

Anyway this is all in jest, and I truly hope everything is well on your end.
    Kenfuego likes this.
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

Fellow Frogger!

Not to worry Mates - Bill is doing OK. Just busy and trying to figure out how to contain our mutual friend 'Daffy' - and believe me his Aussie Frog handle is an apt description of him

Steve

1000+ Posts

You Fella's DO know 'what happens' when you upset an American,don't you(Yuk-yuk..)? We make up stories about your Government,make up stories about how your Country is harboring Terrorists,helping other Nations develop Nukes,and all sorts of 'bad' things. And before long,we impose Embargos on your Products(No more Mad Max Movies on HBO,no more Crocadile Dundee re-runs...no more Fosters Beer,ect...),and before long,your Cities experience Terrorist 'Attacks' on your City Centers,ect,ect. You DON'T want THAT,now do you(Har-Har...)?? Remember Kids,Kiss an American's Ass,and your Cities will be unharmed....that's a good feeling,isin't it? Yuk-Yuk-Yuk! ~Steph.

Fellow Frogger!

You know too much StephineS ! Have you been tapping phones again ?

R. [notice name abbreviated to conceal true identity]

1000+ Posts

Icon10

I've come VERY close to "The Truth" MANY times over the years....yet I'm still alive! ~Steph.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by StephineS View Post
    You Fella's DO know 'what happens' when you upset an American,don't you(Yuk-yuk..)? We make up stories about your Government,make up stories about how your Country is harboring Terrorists,helping other Nations develop Nukes,and all sorts of 'bad' things. And before long,we impose Embargos on your Products(No more Mad Max Movies on HBO,no more Crocadile Dundee re-runs...no more Fosters Beer,ect...),and before long,your Cities experience Terrorist 'Attacks' on your City Centers,ect,ect. You DON'T want THAT,now do you(Har-Har...)?? Remember Kids,Kiss an American's Ass,and your Cities will be unharmed....that's a good feeling,isin't it? Yuk-Yuk-Yuk! ~Steph.
    OK, OK - spill the beans. Exactly which HS are you a history teacher in.........

Steve
    addo likes this.

1000+ Posts

Name. Rank and serial Number....I'm no High School Teacher,although I DO work @ a University during the Week,and I unload & inventory New Cars on the Weekends. But I don't yet have a French Car(Yuk-Yuk..)yet. ~Steph.

1000+ Posts

Icon14 Ah but you did lose one battle - Vegemite!!

Quote Originally Posted by StephineS View Post
    Yeah but your Customs lot came unstuck when they tried to prevent that wonder substance Vegemite from entering America to sustain our ex pats and tourists. Of course you will understand the importance of vegemite when you visit this country and Addo takes you into the bush (outback) (hinterland) and gets you to strip and apply quantities of the wonderful substance to prevent you falling foul of the dreadful drop bears that lurk in wait for American Tourists...

I have no doubt that he will educate and skill you in our ways.

Keep safe and vegemite is your saviour flavour.

Ken
    FIVEDOOR likes this.

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

I'm not upset at the board, guys- I have too much going on in my personal life. As a result, I am a trainwreck (Steve and Daffy both have an idea of just how much). Like Mistareno points out, I did "sign in"- my signature is on a semi-permanent sign in cookie- but it was to just checking in.

Repeat- nobody did or said anything wrong, not even John. I just had to step off for a while.

Phil, I did see your Youtube videos. Let's get back to the original thread and see if we can get this sorted. I'm curious to know why your solenoid passes simple tests, but won't shift current to the starter via switch. Disconnect the negative cable, put the battery on a slow charge if possible, and we'll go from there. If you wind up needing to quick charge the battery, no more than 1 hour or 12.7 volts, whichever is first. Boiling the battery electrolite is frowned on.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenfuego View Post
    Yeah but your Customs lot came unstuck when they tried to prevent that wonder substance Vegemite from entering America to sustain our ex pats and tourists. Of course you will understand the importance of vegemite when you visit this country and Addo takes you into the bush (outback) (hinterland) and gets you to strip and apply quantities of the wonderful substance to prevent you falling foul of the dreadful drop bears that lurk in wait for American Tourists...

I have no doubt that he will educate and skill you in our ways.

Keep safe and vegemite is your saviour flavour.

Ken
    Dude, I don't need Vegemite. I have Miracle Whip.
    Kenfuego likes this.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

1000+ Posts

Icon14 Good to see you back!

Quote Originally Posted by Hotrodelectric View Post
    Dude, I don't need Vegemite. I have Miracle Whip.
    Is that applied like our vegemite?, though most Australians have eaten it since childhood, so naturally protected.

Regards, glad to see you are back on board.

Ken.

Is that applied like our vegemite?, though most Australians have eaten it since childhood, so naturally protected.

Regards, glad to see you are back on board.

Ken.
    Miracle Whip is a sandwich spread for those who dream of an affordable mayonnaise. It does have it's devotees, of which I am firmly not one. Never had Vegemite. I'm willing to try it once and see what the fuss is about.

".....he just smiled and gave me a Vegemite sandwich...."
    Kenfuego and addo like this.

1000+ Posts

Icon7

Great, so it is for eating not recreation and not like American Marvel Mystery Oil for motors and ailments.

Our vegemite is definitely for eating and deterring drop bears!!

Ken

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Miracle Whip is a sandwich spread for those who dream of an affordable mayonnaise. It does have it's devotees, of which I am firmly not one. Never had Vegemite. I'm willing to try it once and see what the fuss is about.

".....he just smiled and gave me a Vegemite sandwich...."
    If you ever try vegemite. Remember it needs to be spreed on at least an inch thick
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

IWS

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post
    If you ever try vegemite. Remember it needs to be spreed on at least an inch thick
    NOT! Wasn't that the mistake Obama made (spreading Vegemite like peanut butter) - and then saying (diplomatically) that he didn't quite care for the taste ...

Great, so it is for eating not recreation and not like American Marvel Mystery Oil for motors and ailments.

Ken
    I'm not so sure. It's advertised as having a 'tangy flavor'. I think drop bears would run away screaming at 5 meters.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post
    The few jars I have seen, they're tiny. Inch thick would be just about one jar. Does the stuff work with peanut butter?

Quote Originally Posted by IWS View Post
    NOT! Wasn't that the mistake Obama made (spreading Vegemite like peanut butter) - and then saying (diplomatically) that he didn't quite care for the taste ...
    Heh- you posted as I was typing. Skipping the obvious joke (this is not a political thread, this is not a political thread, this is not a political thread....) I hadn't heard that. Wouldn't surprise me though- dumb Yank not knowing any better.

Fellow Frogger!

I'm not upset at the board, guys- I have too much going on in my personal life. As a result, I am a trainwreck (Steve and Daffy both have an idea of just how much). Like Mistareno points out, I did "sign in"- my signature is on a semi-permanent sign in cookie- but it was to just checking in.

Repeat- nobody did or said anything wrong, not even John. I just had to step off for a while.

Phil, I did see your Youtube videos. Let's get back to the original thread and see if we can get this sorted. I'm curious to know why your solenoid passes simple tests, but won't shift current to the starter via switch. Disconnect the negative cable, put the battery on a slow charge if possible, and we'll go from there. If you wind up needing to quick charge the battery, no more than 1 hour or 12.7 volts, whichever is first. Boiling the battery electrolite is frowned on.
    Bill and Phil,

Sort of jumping into the middle of this (have not watched the vids) - on more than a few occasions have had the same problem over years of ownership. What I did find was that the copper 'pedals' that are moved up and down by the solenoid can loose tension over time. Result is that they will, over a short period of time, stop making contact with the removable copper 'buss' that is attached to the starter motor side of the switch. I have always been able to 'fix', if you will, by just removing that plate and carefully bending all of the little contact fingers upwards with a little screwdriver. Solenoids have worked just fine for a long time afterwards until the same bloody thing occurs again.

There is a tip off that it starting to happen. At the onset of the problem you will hit the start button and nothing happens. Hitting it again will typically get contact. Reason is that the contact fingers rotate with each actuation of the solenoid. With mild cases you can get the car started by using the manual button on the bottom of the solenoid. Bad cases - even then there is no go

Hope this helps.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Citroenfan View Post
    Bill and Phil,

Sort of jumping into the middle of this (have not watched the vids) - on more than a few occasions have had the same problem over years of ownership. What I did find was that the copper 'pedals' that are moved up and down by the solenoid can loose tension over time. Result is that they will, over a short period of time, stop making contact with the removable copper 'buss' that is attached to the starter motor side of the switch. I have always been able to 'fix', if you will, by just removing that plate and carefully bending all of the little contact fingers upwards with a little screwdriver. Solenoids have worked just fine for a long time afterwards until the same bloody thing occurs again.

There is a tip off that it starting to happen. At the onset of the problem you will hit the start button and nothing happens. Hitting it again will typically get contact. Reason is that the contact fingers rotate with each actuation of the solenoid. With mild cases you can get the car started by using the manual button on the bottom of the solenoid. Bad cases - even then there is no go

Hope this helps.

Steve
    Speak of not seeing the forest through the trees. I hadn't really considered that possibility since Phil's solenoid was new. Shane did warn against out-of-the-box failure, I just didn't think it would be this. I've seen the problem on original solenoids, and knew the fix. I guess throw that solution into the hopper on a non-firing new Chinese/Burmese/Sri Lankan/Whereverstan made solenoid. Just have to be careful and not bend too much, or else you're always in contact. Just tiny contact is enough to drain the battery rapidly.

See Phil? All we had to do was force the solution out of the hydraulics guy.

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread Information