Not one for modern Cits .....
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By richo
  • 1 Post By jonf

Thread: Not one for modern Cits .....

Default Not one for modern Cits .....

But, I love the look of this, can't believe Citroen would sell this with no reserve, and a tiny estimate.

Rťtromobile 2014 & Solo Alfa by Artcurial Motorcars - Sale Nį 2400 - Lot Nį 330 | Artcurial | Briest - Poulain - F. Tajan

Advertisement

A rough translation.
    Sounds to me like a modern 2CV.

Sold Untitled traffic
    to register gray card collection
    Chassis # 638658

- Single prototype of a particularly creative builder
    - Outcome of the consulting firm Peugeot- CitroŽn
    - Sold directly by CitroŽn Heritage

The oil crises of the 1970s have profoundly marked the spirits . Automobile consumption has become a major concern, not only for commercial reasons, but also political : it is to reduce the country's energy dependence . Thus was born in 1981 "ECO 2000" program , which was to culminate in 1986 with the development of a vehicle consumes 3 liters per 100 km on average. This project was 50% funded by the government and Peugeot -CitroŽn , a hundred engineers participated in the research . The specifications stated to "reject all a priori techniques, the bias starting to explore the maximum consisting of solutions in all areas. " Studies resulted in four successive prototypes , called SA 103 , SA 109 , SA 117 and SL 10. The latest version, 1985 , reached a consumption of 2.4 liters per 100 km at 90 km / h , with an average of 3 liters: goal achieved !
    The prototype that we propose here , directly from reserves CitroŽn Heritage who agrees to part with it, is the SA 103 , first of its kind . According to CitroŽn , it was a " first synthesis of theoretical work undertaken primarily focused on weight and aesthetics. 's Will not exclude any a priori solution is illustrated by the adoption of a type of architecture " propulsion ." in order to save time, the flat -twin engine was retained. " The car weighs only 430 kg , with a drag coefficient of 0.267 and a consumption of 3.5 liters per 100 km. 704 cm3 engine developing 26 bhp and the car reaches 140 km / h in a point.
    Car prefiguring the energy problem we are increasingly confronted this CitroŽn ECO 2000 is a unique opportunity to acquire a prototype resulting from further work carried out by a manufacturer in the secret of his design offices . In addition to a collector does not hesitate to invest in the project it can be re after restoration
    mberry likes this.

Fellow Frogger!

Pages 37 to 41 in the catalogue have some interesting items also,

I would have bought one new if Citroen had the balls to actually produce and sell on the open market. The later one even had proper suspension, largely to maintain the angle of attack with varying loads so a win win.

And the text again without Google translate attempt at the english language

The oil crisis during the 1970s had a huge impact. Fuel consumption in cars became a major preoccupation, not just for commercial purposes but also political reasons, as reducing energy consumption became important on a national scale. Thus, in 1981 the " ECO 2000 " programme was launched, supposed to culminate in 1986 with the development of a vehicle that consumed an average of 3 litres of fuel per 100km. This project was 50% funded by the government and a hundred engineers at Peugeot-CitroŽn took part in the research. The specifications stated that " all technical preconceptions be rejected, and the starting point should be the exploration of the widest variety of solutions across all areas. " The studies resulted in four successive prototypes : SA 103, SA 109, SA 117 and SL 10. The last version, built in 1985 achieved a consumption rate of 2.4-litres over 100 km at 90 km/h, with an average of 3 litres - objective achieved !
    The prototype offered, SA 103 - the first in the series - comes directly from CitroŽn Heritage, who has decided to part with it. According to CitroŽn, it was the " initial synthesis of theoretical work undertaken, focussing principally on weight and aesthetics. The desire not to exclude any potential solution is illustrated through the use of the " propulsion " type architecture. In order to save time, the flat twin-cylinder engine was retained. " The car weighs just 430 kg, with a drag coefficient of 0.267 and fuel consumption of 3.5-litres per 100 km. The 704cc engine develops 26 bhp DIN and the car has a top speed of 140 km/h.
    A car prefiguring energy concerns that are increasingly present, this CitroŽn ECO 2000 provides a unique opportunity to buy a prototype resulting from advanced research carried out in the secrecy of a manufacturer's design studio. A collector who is keen to invest in this project will be able to restore and put the car on the road, displaying its inimitable 80s styling. It can be registered with in France with a collectors registration.
    Mine

CX Prestige
    Toyota Prius

In the family

Xantia SX

i actually did read the english translation, but didn't get the "grey card" reference. I guess my craving for something a little more exotic clouded my judgement, not that I was ever going to bid. I would never draw attention to a car I actually wanted in a public forum. Just more wanting to highlight the auction ( one of my favourites ). Some other interesting cars on offer as per usual at Retromobile. I guess we will all be able to read the results from the various Cits being offered.
    On another note, the house is now down to 30ļc it has dropped from 36ļc when I got home..... thankfully after 4 days of proper heat, it just rained for 5 minutes, maybe that was the forecast cool change, may even get some sleep tonight. The dog is acting a little weird, I guess that coat she is wearing has been a little heavy. I have dropped her in the pool most nights this week, but even the pool is at 35ļc, so not quite as refreshing as it could be.
    The DS on the other hand has performed faultlessly despite being driven every day this week in 44ļc heat, didn't miss a beat, the cockpit was about 50ļc at a guess maybe 55ļc....... should have taken a wet towel to put on my head.

mb

Fellow Frogger!

I thought the most significant aspect of all this is that Citroen Heritage are selling off parts of their collection.... what else might they regard as dispensable? Do the bean counters who run car companies think Heritage ought be flogged off......
    UFO likes this.

Thread Information