lost in machine translation; "holla hobby"
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: lost in machine translation; "holla hobby"

Default lost in machine translation; "holla hobby"

One of the vehicles made ​​in France is no stranger to the people of Indonesia . Moreover, known as the Citroen car with hydraulic suspension system which is extraordinary .
    This system allows the cars Citroen still feels comfortable . In fact , for women who want to give birth even when driving on roads damaged or uneven .
    Citroen hydraulic system used is an integrated system of suspension system on each wheel , braking system and steering system , which is called the pneumatic system hydractive .

Advertisement

This system consists of a reservoir tank , hydraulic hoses such as grabbers squid , hydraulic pump , distributor ( which is channeled to the wheels Olie , steering and brakes ) , balls of steel containing high pressure nitrogen at the end of the pipe legs wheels and distributors , height corrector , and air pipes as legs seal wheel .
    Each wheel moves independently , connected to the body by using the swing arm system and McPerson .There are no springs or any spring to help the suspension . Because it uses a special hydraulic system , the height can be adjusted with a Citroen car shift lever near the hand brake handle on the driver side .

Not surprisingly , if there is flooding in the streets , cars Citroen can still creep across the flood like a boat . If you are not using or stopping , the car was sitting Citroen would like , because kolongnya almost touching the ground . In addition, the height corrector allows the car can still run , although one flat tires or wheels removed .
    currently many activities that have been performed Citroen Indonesia . Among them are the exhibition , contests and touring to various areas such as Jakarta Ė Bandung , and Jakarta Ė Semarang . When the exhibition , there is also a member of the Indonesian Citroen earn trophies such as the exhibition in Yogyakarta and Semarang . Is this your hobby ? ?

Whoever wrote that is NOT working on my car!!!!!!
    But funny as long as you don't have to be at his mercy.

JBN

Sounds similar to the average Australian mechanics knowledge of these cars.

John
    shanadoo and Boyracer like this.

Next time I cross a flooded street in my Citroen/boat, I will make sure my Squid and Balls of Steel are ready.
    shanadoo likes this.

Google translate or similar. My reaction is more along the lines of "So what; it's 99% understandable?"

Icon6

Quote Originally Posted by fnqvmuch View Post
    balls of steel

G'day,
    does all this mean that you need balls of steel to drive a Citroen ?
    regards,
    Les W.

206 GTi 180
    the stealth Pug
    Did I do anything last night that suggested I was sane?

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by pug206gti View Post

G'day,
    If you need to ask then you will never know.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Quote Originally Posted by pug206gti View Post

G'day,
    Possibly when giving birth on roads damaged or uneven. I think they would only be optional for cross flood like a boat.
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

One would hope that the mechanical skills exceed the written communication (or English) skills.
    Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

JBN

I don't know about balls of steel, but stolen balls are always safe in a Citroen. Thieves don't steal Citroens and cops don't suspect Citroen owners of being thieves.

Good thief can make money. A good Citroen loses money.

John

Thank God for my Hydroen harrisson_citroen's Avatar

You'll need balls of steel:

" because kolongnya almost touching the ground "
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

Quote Originally Posted by harrisson_citroen View Post
    You'll need balls of steel:

" because kolongnya almost touching the ground "
    All jokes aside, I saw an immaculate BX in Jakarta last year. There's a mechanic somewhere who knows what to do. Typical Jakarta - it'll be there somewhere...
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Icon12

Lack of a space; kolong nya becomes "his underside" basically and makes complete sense.

Perhaps we can start a thread in the Toad Pond where we laugh at non-native English speakers for their funny accents and mistranslations? Especially when they're trying to share something with us. Oh, and bring back the Dictation Test for migrants.

Hang on, we're halfway there with "We'll stop the boats"...

English is English. Pidgin English is something else.
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

So which English is English?
    We're not talking French, where the Academy tries to dictate what is and isn't the language ( but while we're thinking of French, you might have recognised that some of the translation indicates that the original language was like French and a number of other languages where the adjective can follow the noun ) so your English may well not be my English, nor any number of other forum users, for within Australia there are recognised variations in the language in both vocabulary and pronunciation.

Via the aussiefrogs App
    addo likes this.
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GS Pallas; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

By English, I meant the "Queen's English". i.e: referring to grammatically correct and coherent written and oral expression in the English language, perhaps as used by educated people in Britain and possibly some other parts of the world. There is no other form, anything else is not "English". Other countries, in North America for instance have had a good go at bastardising it but in so doing it has become a different language, not English per se.

Ahha, sorry but I didn't notice this was Pommyfrogs.
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GS Pallas; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

The official language of Orstrilia, Bruce, is English! Get it?

Fellow Frogger!

Yes, but Australian English - which is offically referenced to the Macquarie Dictonary as specified for offical Australian Government uses (federal that is, not sure about state govt's especially in the deep North :-). It is not Queen's English but ours. Hence the many verious versions of English available on your computer!
    Seriously english really is a bastard composed of many roots (err pum mot intended but if the double entendre fits) that continues to grow. I doubt if we should consider the Oxbridge BBC version to be the correct one, even in the Uk it onlt represents a fraction of the total speakers - hint been to Yorkshire, Geordies, the west country and Cornwall etc. it always has been and will continue to be an evolving mixture.
    Oh and French is not just French, the Quebecios speak a very different French to the European version.
    But the key thing really should be, can you understand the message, then the actual words used don't really matter
    Keep smiling
    Peter
    1950 11BL
    1970 AZUA "La Poste" van
    1986 2CV Dolly (red and white)
    2004 C5 HDi silver 2.0L

Britain and America, separated by a common language.

JBN

I speak Strine, which is the official English of Oz.

If you don't have the right nostril shape, you will find it difficult to speak. The Queen can't because she has a plumb in the throat and just gargles Strine.

John

addo last thing on my mind was what you suggest - no - i did think of that and so entitled the thread to invoke not racist/cultural arrogance, rather sharing a smirk at the vagaries of google translate.
    small things amusing small minds, you know?
    Robert Persig got away with that kind of schadenfreud but i like to think it is normally beneath me otherwise.
    I am in bali now and am going to java in a few days, hence my internet search for citroen contacts.
    It was after our honeymoon - my first trip OS - that we went and got a GS - because of 'modifikasi' seen here.

Via the aussiefrogs App
    Last edited by fnqvmuch; 20th January 2014 at 02:09 PM.
    grandC4picasso RHB, [email protected] , EGS6Sp, B58, MY 2012-2013 (?)

Adrian

Current;

Xantia V6 Exclusive Auto 2000

Past;

CX25 GTI Turbo series 1 1985
    DS23 IE Pallas 5sp 1974
    CX25ie Pallas Auto 1984 Parts
    2CV 1988
    CX25ie Pallas Auto 1984

JBN

Yep. That's the one. The national anthem goes something like "Ostrya sons of ostriches.." (I forget the rest). It was picked by Whitlam because he didn't like mutton. The rest of us wanted Waltzing Matilda because it better described Ostryans and most drunks could remember the words, particularly at the Munich Beerfest.

Politicians always get their way.
    We get fined if we don't vote.
    We get them if we do.
    And worst of all, we have to pay for the priviledge.

Makes me want to steal a sheep and find a nice quiet billabong.

John

What did you have in mind, John?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information