BX Estate Photo's
  • Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Fellow Frogger! flipperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
    Posts
    413

    Default BX Estate Photo's

    Just a handful of photos of my auto estate while away for a few days.

    Advertisement


    Enjoy!

    BX Estate Photo's-2014-hol-001.jpgBX Estate Photo's-2014-hol-002.jpgBX Estate Photo's-2014-hol-003.jpgBX Estate Photo's-2014-hol-004.jpgBX Estate Photo's-2014-hol-005.jpg
    CitroŽn's that own me

    - 2008 C5 X7 Tourer (Estate) 2.7 DoubleTurbo Diesel UHZJ - V6.

    CitroŽn's that formally owned me

    - 1990 BX TRI Estate Manual. .. . "Phoenix" - "Donated to Science"
    - 1990 BX TRI Estate Auto. (Traded In)
    - 1987 BX TRI Hatch.

    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Australian Citroen BX - All about the Citroen BX in Oz
    -------------------------------------------------------------

  2. #2
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Greensborough, Victoria
    Posts
    359

    Default

    You have heightened my curiosity as to the various locations.. especially #2 and #5. #2 looks a bit like the road up to Wycherproof. And #5 somewhere along the Murray? Good to see the BX out and about!

    Regards
    John

  3. #3
    VIP Sponsor David Cavanagh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Romsey, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    4,805

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flipperman View Post
    Just a handful of photos of my auto estate while away for a few days.

    Enjoy!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-Hol-001.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	51658Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-Hol-002.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	51659Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-Hol-003.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	51660Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-Hol-004.jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	101.3 KB 
ID:	51661Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-Hol-005.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	51662
    Where did you find those Fergies and are they for sale?
    David Cavanagh

    FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

    03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

    34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042


    [email protected]

    https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

  4. #4
    Fellow Frogger! flipperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
    Posts
    413

    Default

    Image 1 = 511 Goulburn Valley Hwy, Shepparton, Victoria
    Image 2 = Wunghnu is a small town in the Goulburn Valley region of northern Victoria, Australia.
    Image 3 = http://www.locheilan.com.au
    Image 4 = http://maps.google.com.au/maps?clien...ed=0CC4QxB0wAA
    Image 5 = Map of Kirwans Bridge, Vic 3608 | Whereis

    David the contact details to ask about the tractors is:

    Bruce McGorlick at Locheilan Cheese Factory (open to the public)

    Ph/Fax: 03 5826 9581

    Mobile: 0409 172 140

    Email: [email protected]
    CitroŽn's that own me

    - 2008 C5 X7 Tourer (Estate) 2.7 DoubleTurbo Diesel UHZJ - V6.

    CitroŽn's that formally owned me

    - 1990 BX TRI Estate Manual. .. . "Phoenix" - "Donated to Science"
    - 1990 BX TRI Estate Auto. (Traded In)
    - 1987 BX TRI Hatch.

    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Australian Citroen BX - All about the Citroen BX in Oz
    -------------------------------------------------------------

  5. #5
    Fellow Frogger! flipperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
    Posts
    413

    Default

    Couple more of the tractors for David.

    BX Estate Photo's-wp_20140105_015.jpgBX Estate Photo's-wp_20140105_016.jpg
    CitroŽn's that own me

    - 2008 C5 X7 Tourer (Estate) 2.7 DoubleTurbo Diesel UHZJ - V6.

    CitroŽn's that formally owned me

    - 1990 BX TRI Estate Manual. .. . "Phoenix" - "Donated to Science"
    - 1990 BX TRI Estate Auto. (Traded In)
    - 1987 BX TRI Hatch.

    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Australian Citroen BX - All about the Citroen BX in Oz
    -------------------------------------------------------------

  6. #6
    Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Ballarat,Vic,Aust.
    Posts
    16,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flipperman View Post
    Couple more of the tractors for David.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20140105_015.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	51716Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20140105_016.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	103.6 KB 
ID:	51717
    I'll take the kubota thanks The fergies look a little "well used" to me....................
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

    Yay ... No Slugomatics


    Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

  7. #7
    Fellow Frogger! flipperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
    Posts
    413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post
    I'll take the kubota thanks The fergies look a little "well used" to me....................
    You just want it cause it's faster
    CitroŽn's that own me

    - 2008 C5 X7 Tourer (Estate) 2.7 DoubleTurbo Diesel UHZJ - V6.

    CitroŽn's that formally owned me

    - 1990 BX TRI Estate Manual. .. . "Phoenix" - "Donated to Science"
    - 1990 BX TRI Estate Auto. (Traded In)
    - 1987 BX TRI Hatch.

    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Australian Citroen BX - All about the Citroen BX in Oz
    -------------------------------------------------------------

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    68

    Default

    It's a pity Citroen never produced a BX 16 valve Estate. I would love such a car as my daily driver!

  9. #9
    Fellow Frogger! flipperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
    Posts
    413

    Default

    Would have been fun working out where to put the spoiler i do have a 16 valve s-wheel in mine

    BX Estate Photo's-wp_20130316_058.jpg
    CitroŽn's that own me

    - 2008 C5 X7 Tourer (Estate) 2.7 DoubleTurbo Diesel UHZJ - V6.

    CitroŽn's that formally owned me

    - 1990 BX TRI Estate Manual. .. . "Phoenix" - "Donated to Science"
    - 1990 BX TRI Estate Auto. (Traded In)
    - 1987 BX TRI Hatch.

    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Australian Citroen BX - All about the Citroen BX in Oz
    -------------------------------------------------------------

  10. #10
    Fellow Frogger! frog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    600

    Default

    Nice dash mat. Lovely to see the estate out and about!

  11. #11
    UFO
    UFO is offline
    CitroŽn Tragic UFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Gerringong, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flipperman View Post
    Would have been fun working out where to put the spoiler i do have a 16 valve s-wheel in mine

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20130316_058.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	51801
    Get ALL of those keys off the ignition barrel NOW. Unless you want to learn how to smash the barrel out of the column when the internals collapse - while you're away from home and your tools. Of course the only proper way to get the barrel out requires turning the key a little to release the hidden security pin.

    I know from experience.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

  12. #12
    Fellow Frogger! flipperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
    Posts
    413

    Default

    You are of course right, i have a bad habit of forgetting to unclip the ring, thanks for the reminder
    CitroŽn's that own me

    - 2008 C5 X7 Tourer (Estate) 2.7 DoubleTurbo Diesel UHZJ - V6.

    CitroŽn's that formally owned me

    - 1990 BX TRI Estate Manual. .. . "Phoenix" - "Donated to Science"
    - 1990 BX TRI Estate Auto. (Traded In)
    - 1987 BX TRI Hatch.

    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Australian Citroen BX - All about the Citroen BX in Oz
    -------------------------------------------------------------

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Is is that because the weight of the other keys swinging aroind plays havoc with the barrel? Is it just BX's that this happens to? I never had an issue with my CX, but the previous owner of my BX wagon had replaced the ignition barrel at some stage, I believe.



    Quote Originally Posted by UFO View Post
    Get ALL of those keys off the ignition barrel NOW. Unless you want to learn how to smash the barrel out of the column when the internals collapse - while you're away from home and your tools. Of course the only proper way to get the barrel out requires turning the key a little to release the hidden security pin.

    I know from experience.

  14. #14
    UFO
    UFO is offline
    CitroŽn Tragic UFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Gerringong, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cresco750 View Post
    Is is that because the weight of the other keys swinging aroind plays havoc with the barrel? Is it just BX's that this happens to? I never had an issue with my CX, but the previous owner of my BX wagon had replaced the ignition barrel at some stage, I believe.
    After a barrel collapse on my then BX many years ago at work and having to call the NRMA and then a locksmith - I vowed to never have bunches of keys hanging off the barrel. Got one of those push apart key joiner things. At that time I was carrying keys for the BX, a Magna, a couple of house keys and various other stuff. Fortunately now with the size of modern key fobs the best thing to hang off one of those is a single house key - so I have a house key attached to all the keys for the C5 and C4. The D has its own sets of keys too.

    A work colleague some years ago had the barrel of his six month old Subaru Forester collapse at home fortunately. But once again it had a jumble of keys swinging off it screwing up the mostly plastic internals of the barrel.

    Best thing too for blokes is when you put your car key in your pocket you don't look like you've shoved some bizarre package in your pants/jeans/shorts!
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

  15. #15
    Fellow Frogger! JAJEA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Essendon
    Posts
    647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UFO View Post
    After a barrel collapse on my then BX many years ago at work and having to call the NRMA and then a locksmith - I vowed to never have bunches of keys hanging off the barrel. Got one of those push apart key joiner things. At that time I was carrying keys for the BX, a Magna, a couple of house keys and various other stuff. Fortunately now with the size of modern key fobs the best thing to hang off one of those is a single house key - so I have a house key attached to all the keys for the C5 and C4. The D has its own sets of keys too.

    A work colleague some years ago had the barrel of his six month old Subaru Forester collapse at home fortunately. But once again it had a jumble of keys swinging off it screwing up the mostly plastic internals of the barrel.

    Best thing too for blokes is when you put your car key in your pocket you don't look like you've shoved some bizarre package in your pants/jeans/shorts!

    Easiest fix? Separate car keys from all other keys. Works for us.

    (Considered at one stage to have house/garage keys keyed alike but a lot cheaper to separate.)

    John

  16. #16
    Good Sport danielsydney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    4,917

    Default

    Great pictures....

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •