C5 2006 Hdi warning lights
  • Register
  • Help
    3CV

Default C5 2006 Hdi warning lights

I have been having a dream run with the car until yesterday when the ESP/ASR warning lamp came on. While there was warning signal and the message was displayed there was no audible sound signal. Today the depollution system warning light came on and a message was displayed. I am thinking that it is more likely to be a problem with the on board computer rather than the systems themselves. As I need to drive the car a short distance tomorrow and my Citroen service agent is closed until 14 Jan, am I taking a great risk to continue driving the car? Many thanks for any advice.

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger

Brake switch perhaps? As it's a 2.2 4 speed, also check for a broken EGR vane actuator rod at the gearbox end of the head. The one with the diaphragm on it that is prone to snapping. Also ensure you don't have fuel leaking into the engine harness from the socket at the fuel filter housing in front of the engine. Both of these faults can cause warnings including ESP/ASR and some real problems.

Fellow Frogger!

Hi,
    another suggestion to ponder.
    I've a 2008 C4 HDI. The antipollution led stayed on permanently in my car with no noticeable affect on the driving or performance. Ultimately my issue was that the battery was still the original from 2007, around 6 years old. Once It was replaced with a new one, the light went out after starting and all was good. Do you know how old your battery is?

Glenn

3CV

Battery is about 2 years old but I will check the charge in the morning.
    Thanks for that.

3CV

David you bring on gloom and doom. All those beyond me for various reasons but I will have the local garage look at them. Do you think a 40 km round trip would be okay before I do......?

Yeah, I wouldn't sweat that.

You need to "load test" the battery, voltage is no real indicator of how much amperage it's now capable of releasing.

EGR faults on a 2.2 I have seen, just show "anti pollution" faults, not ESP/ABS as well.

Thread Information