Some of what's on offer at Artculrial, MyLord.
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By mberry
  • 1 Post By addo

Thread: Some of what's on offer at Artculrial, MyLord.

Last edited by mberry; 6th January 2014 at 12:31 PM.
    GreenBlood and UFO like this.

Some nice kit there; the "Mylord" really is a cracker.
    UFO likes this.

I wonder if the centre consul AC unit is original taken from a prestige or reproduction? A fully intergrated unit with in-dash vents. Never seen one locally on a Pallas. I'm very envious, this is most desirable.

Adrian

Current;

Xantia V6 Exclusive Auto 2000

Past;

CX25 GTI Turbo series 1 1985
    DS23 IE Pallas 5sp 1974
    CX25ie Pallas Auto 1984 Parts
    2CV 1988
    CX25ie Pallas Auto 1984

It's definitely original Citroen, I have seen a few over the years, never seen one locally with that same configuration........ unfortunately.

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by addo View Post
    Some nice kit there; the "Mylord" really is a cracker.
    The story I heard about the name was simply that Chapron had finished the car, but it was still unchristened. That was until shortly after the build he was totting up the cost. He took one look at the bottom line, one look at the car, another look at the bottom line, and uttered "my lord!".

I will be awaiting eventual banishment for this.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

Quote Originally Posted by IE23 View Post
    I wonder if the centre consul AC unit is original taken from a prestige or reproduction? A fully intergrated unit with in-dash vents. Never seen one locally on a Pallas. I'm very envious, this is most desirable.
    Quote Originally Posted by mberry View Post
    It's definitely original Citroen, I have seen a few over the years, never seen one locally with that same configuration........ unfortunately.
    That is the Citroen factory aircon set-up very rare here, there are a few cars here in Aus one currently being prepared in Sydney, 21 BVH.

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

In case any of you are in the market, the Mylord starting price equates to $607,855 at today's rate. Can that be true?

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by deskpilot View Post
    In case any of you are in the market, the Mylord starting price equates to $607,855 at today's rate. Can that be true?
    It has provenance including the Paris Motor Show and a well cared for history. Mylords are far rarer than DS Cabriolets and they pull good money in the right condition. The market will determine if the estimate is worthy.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Quote Originally Posted by deskpilot View Post
    One off custom done by a well regarded coach builder on a famous semi-rare chassis? May not be true (I didn't check the pricing), but certainly not beyond the pale. Shouldn't be too surprising- even well used, in-need-of-restoration D Decaps are going for 100K plus. And we all know that auctions can go quietly, or they can go screaming bonkers. All it takes is a couple of well heeled buyers competing for the same bragging rights in a very expensive game of 'Chicken'.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

UFO

There were at least three Mylords at ICCCR 2008. Whether they are genuine and not just knock offs I do not know.

ICCCR 2008 204 by UFO1966, on Flickr
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

You're probably right, Craig. I thought it was just the one. Considering Chapron's output, 3 is much more likely. Your note that the one for sale being the Paris Motor Show car makes it somewhat more valuable.

We all have seen auction estimates that are somewhat understated. 750K-1M+ for this car would not surprise me at all.

Thread Information