DS bonnet bend realignment.
  • Register
  • Help
    mnm

Default DS bonnet bend realignment.

Hi everyone.

Someone posted a detailed procedure for aligning the DS bonet to remove the ubiquitous bend on the right hand side. I can't find it doing a search, can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Advertisement

Matthew

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

Sure. Here ya go...

You wanted someone to point you in the right direction.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DS bonnet bend realignment.-safety1.jpg  
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

I found that moving the rhs latching plate a little further forward tended to stretch the bend out over time, especially if I pushed down gently at the midpoint after closing each time.
    Michael
    Member, Citroen Car Club NSW

DS23 Pallas 5 sp. "Francoise" , BX19TRi Auto "Jacques Dutronc" , Teardrop Trailer "The Toad", BMW R65 "Rosamund"
    In the past: Renault 750, Dauphine, R4, R8, R10, Peugeot 504 Familiale, ID 19 (x2), Safari (x2)

mnm

Quote Originally Posted by Hotrodelectric View Post
    Sure. Here ya go...

You wanted someone to point you in the right direction.

Fellow Frogger

With a stout assistant (or a very secure prop) supporting the front of the bonnet frame, try pulling on the frame at the stay hinge point to remove the sag from it being propped open. If you support the bonnet in the front centre, you should see less clearance between the frame and the panel where the stay hinges. Increasing the clearance a little there will then reduce the curvature of the right edge. If it's been bingled, then the front corners of the frame could be kinked and you may nee to address that too. The frame is light steel tube and not as stiff as you might expect, so exercise some care so you don't make a minor irritation into a major problem.

Thread Information