• Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By addo

Thread: Wanted urgently: 2003 C5 diesel crank accessory belt pully

Tadpole

Default Wanted urgently: 2003 C5 diesel crank accessory belt pully

Hi All,

I was on my way to changing a water pump and cam belt when I discovered the crank pully was in two pieces!

So now I'm trying to track down a replacement that I need in the next few days so I finish what I started. It's not that easy with just about everything being shut.

I'm in Adelaide, so if anyone has one of these that I can buy please pm me. I'm also after a lower timing cover and a couple of litres of LDS.

Thanks,
    Daniel

Wanted urgently: 2003 C5 diesel crank accessory belt pully-img_20131228_113158.jpg

Advertisement

Might be worth asking Mr Happy: Martin Bray, Grants Gully Road, Clarendon SA. He's in the White Pages. I personally prefer to deal with other vendors but any port in a storm...

Your other maybe is if anyone's mates with Mark from Lion Automobiles, although he's probably off for another week.
    GreenBlood likes this.

Icon12

Quote Originally Posted by addo View Post
    Might be worth asking Mr Happy: Martin Bray, Grants Gully Road, Clarendon SA. He's in the White Pages. I personally prefer to deal with other vendors but any port in a storm...

Your other maybe is if anyone's mates with Mark from Lion Automobiles, although he's probably off for another week.

Also try your local Pug dealer when they re-open, I found in Brisbane they were much cheaper than our local Cit dealer, probably no go for the LDS though.

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

If any of the rural supply places open you may find an LDS compatible supply there. If it's a desperate shortfall, a high spec full synth ATF will do.

Tadpole

Thanks for the tips, managed to find a pulley and got the water pump and timing + accessories belt done. The car is back on the road!

For those interested we're building the car for the 2014 Shitbox Rally, going from Perth to Darwin through the outback. Here's a link to our fundraising page :

https://shitboxrally2014.everydayhero.com/au/scargo

We did the last rally in a Renault 16. Here's a pic :
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wanted urgently: 2003 C5 diesel crank accessory belt pully-received_m_id_143552265837936_0.jpg  

Thread Information