BX GT lives again
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By michaelr

Thread: BX GT lives again

Fellow Frogger!

Default BX GT lives again

Seems like the old GT has more lives than a one eyed cat.

Advertisement

Having recently advertised her for sale as a non runner, a simple fix got her roaring into life again stronger and funner than ever...I have now also put a boy-racer pod air filter on her (transplanted from the Xsara) and she's breathing beautifully.

Plus the extra bonus is that after a few electrical checks and fixes the "hasn't been run in 10 years" air cond now works very well... These systems are supposed to be arctic...its not quite there, but given it has its original receiver drier, its doing pretty dam well...cold toes and cheeks are a good sign in 35 degree heat..

After a few truth serums, my neighbour said tonight that "that car will never look good". This comment was caustic but more so inspiring. I love the fact that the BX is rejected,, it just means I (and other BXer's) are on to something..

I mean even the awesome little AMI is now getting more cred.

I'm not talking resale value for that will take an eternity if ever..its just the appreciation of the undesirable and for hidden, unique qualities that will eventually be recognised ....

Happy BXer

Fellow Frogger!

Not wanting to sound too smug I thought I'd add that correspondingly when I got the air cond working the drivers window now only operates if the door is partially opened...easy fix but tiresome transition between windows down and air con!!!!

Well done!

Whilst the BX can, at a stretch, be considered differently beautiful, it most certainly is beautifully different
    2bxornot2bx likes this.
    Michael
    Member, Citroen Car Club NSW

DS23 Pallas 5 sp. "Francoise" , BX19TRi Auto "Jacques Dutronc" , Teardrop Trailer "The Toad", BMW R65 "Rosamund"
    In the past: Renault 750, Dauphine, R4, R8, R10, Peugeot 504 Familiale, ID 19 (x2), Safari (x2)

Good to hear she's a runner Ashley, what was the simple fix? the neighbors just jealous you have class
    CitroŽn's that own me

- 2008 C5 X7 Tourer (Estate) 2.7 DoubleTurbo Diesel UHZJ - V6.

CitroŽn's that formally owned me

- 1990 BX TRI Estate Manual. .. . "Phoenix" - "Donated to Science"
    - 1990 BX TRI Estate Auto. (Traded In)
    - 1987 BX TRI Hatch.

-------------------------------------------------------------
    Australian Citroen BX - All about the Citroen BX in Oz
    -------------------------------------------------------------

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by flipperman View Post
    Good to hear she's a runner Ashley, what was the simple fix?
    I just let it sit for a couple of weeks and gave it another try. and without the "air cleaner", she fired!!

Fundamentally, it all came down to my make-shift temporary aircleaner. Pulled the plugs to find them very black and tired. Replaced them and all was good for a little while...then major misfiring again once warmed up..It then occurred that the air filter I had in place was way too close to the carb and acting like a choke...I installed this after I found bits of the original filter in the carb jets.. I had no idea I was then adding another problem..It was a very free flow makeshift but obviously enough to choke the system and eventually drown the plugs..

Hows your new addition Phil?

Thread Information