1969 DS on carsales.com. Dreaming?
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By deesse
  • 3 Post By Mort Subite

Thread: 1969 DS on carsales.com. Dreaming?

IWS

Default 1969 DS on carsales.com. Dreaming?

On carsales.com 1969 Citroen DS-21

"the car has dents around body, ripples on various panels, paint has got crack and paint peels and corrosion in various panels. Sunroof lining and vinyl top torn. Chrome bumpers showing rust stains. ..."

Sounds like a beauty! Only $8,000.

Advertisement

Tell him he's dreaming?

Fellow Frogger!

That car has been on the market, in various guises at different prices, for probably two years now.

So if he hasn't worked it out by now, he never will...

IWS

Quote Originally Posted by ajaxvte View Post
    That car has been on the market, in various guises at different prices, for probably two years now.

So if he hasn't worked it out by now, he never will...
    And here I was thinking he would be rushed with offers ... (NOT) :-)

What do the experts think the car is really worth then..?

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by 59 Floride View Post
    What do the experts think the car is really worth then..?
    It's worth what the market will pay. Clearly not $8k, on the basis of the last 2 years. So, somewhat less.

Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IWS View Post

Sounds like a beauty! Only $8,000.

Tell him he's dreaming?

Naw. It's that time of the year. I'm feeling charitable. Let him have his fantasy.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

Like a house that has failed to sell and has been on the market for too long it goes stale. He needs to remove it from the site for say a year, paint it french blue (house paint with a brush), and it will walk out the door.
    cheers Tony
    UFO and Mort Subite like this.

UFO

Of course to start with, it's not a DS21, it's very poor old ID19 (no crit of ID19s!) and its standard is well below the price expectation. IMHO
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

What's happened to the choke knob? And the roof?

Better inspect first. This is on the market for a while. I think 8000 is too much for this condition. It probably need whole hydraulic system need overhauled( pump, hight correctors, suspension piston seal, suspension boots etc...), water pump might need to be replaced or rebuilt, radiator might need to be replaced, all the radiator hoses need to be replaced, rust need to be removed from body, exhaust system also need to be inspected for rust etc..., break system might need overhauled, paint job.....and if motor need to be rebuilt...... That is a big job I imagine. Need a big workshop I guess.....
    I bought mine on ebay 2010 and luckily it is running now but I am afraid when engine blows up one day
    1961 Citroen ID19(2010~), Holden Frontera(R.I.P 2002-2014), Honda Accord EURO(2006~)

Fellow Frogger

The vinyl is peeling off at the front of the front of the roof, ahead of the sunroof, but some of the photos are also of a wet car ...

If it turns out that the underbody and mechanicals are in very good order, then the rest of the problems are largely cosmetic and someone could live with them while using the car and slowly improving. Maybe, the 21 claim relates to an engine swap or a rebuild with 21 pistons? Evidently nobody has thought it worth the asking price so far, although it does appear to have changed venues.

The chassis# 3907074 indicated a 1970 model year D Special, which is basically an ID19B. However, I think anyone expecting the ID19B's high top gear might not get it as that apparently changed in Sept 1969. The gearbox data are in the manual, but it's conveniently repeated here: CitroŽn DS/ID and XM Web-Site

put the seats in order, smarten it up with at least matching hubcaps and a polish and its a $6K car. being serious any D that is working and ready to drive with little extra at the start is at least $10K
    renault12, Ronhic and addo like this.
    CITROEN CAR CLUB of NSW - MEMBER. www.citroencarclub.org.au. . .www.facebook.com/CCCNSW
    08FD DSPECIAL "Dear Prudence wont you come out to play?"
    00FF7512 DS23SAFARI "Pull up to my bumper Baby, in your long black limousine."
    C2MY06 C2VTR "Go speed racer, Go"
    YDO005 MORRIS MINI DELUXE "The Mini Deluxe floats on fluid too"

Fellow Frogger!

Default Ds21

Quote Originally Posted by Mort Subite View Post
    put the seats in order, smarten it up with at least matching hubcaps and a polish and its a $6K car. being serious any D that is working and ready to drive with little extra at the start is at least $10K
    Can anyone advise of the DS21 also on Carsales at $18,000 if they believe this is a good buy. Having the GS brilliant, and realising what a mess the C5 is going to be, I am thinking maybe this DS21 maybe a good thing.

Fellow Frogger

Quote Originally Posted by tazzy View Post
    Can anyone advise of the DS21 also on Carsales at $18,000 if they believe this is a good buy. Having the GS brilliant, and realising what a mess the C5 is going to be, I am thinking maybe this DS21 maybe a good thing.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d.../?Cr=0&sdmvc=1

It looks tidy and well maintained, but you will not be sure without a close inspection. What one can say with some certainty is that $10K spent on the red car wouldn't make it the equal of the white car. The white car is apparently a DS21 EFI 5 speed, but not a Pallas version. It has D Special door trims and the headrests are probably a later addition, so you'd look up the chassis number to confirm what it is. I know of a 1970/71 DS21 that's an EFI 5 speed needing a full resto and it has no headrests, black Targa trim and door trims in the DS style.
    Last edited by David S; 23rd December 2013 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Add link

Thread Information