C5 Coolant
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: C5 Coolant

Fellow Frogger!

Default C5 Coolant

Looking at getting some of this stuff for a coolant flush. Works out cheaper than the dealer quoted me. Seems to tick all the boxes. Should I go with it or stick with dealer supplied. Nulon have told me it's 100% safe to use in Citroens...

Red Long Life Concentrated Coolant- Nulon Australia

Advertisement

Whats in there now? If its a factory glycol, make sure you flush it and flush it again - theyre incompatible.

I put the green one in the Xsara Long Life Concentrated Coolant- Nulon Australia

Fellow Frogger!

Planning on a good flush, doing timing belt/water pump on saturday
    Just wanting to make sure its compatible. Can't hurt getting a second opinion apart from the Nulon guy.

Fellow Frogger

It probably depends on who will service the car as to what the best choice of coolant is. Dealers may want to use the factory coolant for topping up if needed, so having something odd can be a hassle. I've tended to buy the 5l factory coolant 997971 for the Citroens, but use other brands like Nulon in some other cars. If you will do your own servicing, then use whatever suits you. There isn't anything unique about the car's engine when it comes to coolant.

My worth here. Nulon makes a damn fine product with its coolant range, as does Penrite and many others. A known name brand is your best guarantee. Follow the directions and all should be well.
    Give the engine a really thorough flush and as Haakon has stated the two types are not compatible. Give the whole rig a can of radiator flush to be sure and lots of flushing water. Did this to the lad's Lancer CC and he noted the heater/demister worked much better. Amazing the You tube video didn't mention this possibility!
    I always have some coolant pre-mixed for topping up especially if it's used at 50% and mark the bottle as such.
    Brendan.

Thread Information