• Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SilverBullet

Thread: DS EFI Fuel Pump

Fellow Frogger!

Default DS EFI Fuel Pump

Hi All,
    The fuel pump on my 23 EFI no longer buzzes when the ignition is switched on, lights on the dash come on and the engine turns over but it won't start. I had been replacing a split water pipe on the aux air valve on the side of the engine but I'm sure I didn't knock any wires off anything and can't see any loose wires. Car had been working perfectly up til now.
    Is there a fuse for the pump I can check?

cheers,
    Ed

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger

There will be either two or three relays controlling the EFI on the side of the battery box, depending on when it was built. Late cars have only two. There is a control relay for the EFI and a pump relay that depends on the control relay. You have likely disturbed the wiring for one of these.

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Urggh.... What a rats nest.... Like David says, check the battery carrier (you'll likely find the wiring heavily perished). A nice modification I've seen is where someone removed all the wiring and crap off the side of the battery carrier and mounted it on a firmly bolted down plate beside the battery (so you don't have to mess with the wiring to change/remove the battery).

If I ever get to the injected car here (yeah when I win tattslotto on the same day that I get retrenched ). I'm going to tear all the shitty old Djet wiring out and fit a megasquirt system.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Fellow Frogger!

All the wiring was tidied up a couple of years ago, there's an all in one alternator/regulator. There are 3 relays beside the battery so I'll check these over the next day or so.

Fellow Frogger

The pump relay should be the middle of the three, but it won't operate if the control relay, the forward relay, is not powered. The rearmost one should be for the cold start injector. The control relay is powered when the ignition is on. Another possibility is you have disturbed the piggyback connectors at the coil. You could try directly wiring the pump to see if it has failed. The wire to it runs over the scuttle and was originally white with a connection somewhere on the scuttle ahead of the driver.

Fellow Frogger!

Problem solved, there was an earth wire coming from the bundle of wires for the injectors that had broken off, so an easy fix thankfully. Also took the opener unity to clean all the relay connections. So happily on the road again! Thanks for all the help, and the water leak is fixed too!!

cheers,
    Ed
    UFO likes this.

Thread Information