The C6 prestige customer sells off its cars.
  • Register
  • Help

Default The C6 prestige customer sells off its cars.

The most prestigious customer of the C6, the French government is selling off its fleet of cars. Out of its 80,000 vehicles it has got rid of almost 18,000. They are retitring the most polluting and replacing 1 in 2 with less polluting vehicles including electric.

Advertisement
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

Hi Gerry, maybe the C6 price will come down a bit. The cheapest one I've ever seen here in Australia was $30,000 AUD.
    cheers....George 1/8th.

Thank God for my Hydroen harrisson_citroen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by George 1/8th View Post
    Hi Gerry, maybe the C6 price will come down a bit. The cheapest one I've ever seen here in Australia was $30,000 AUD.
    cheers....George 1/8th.

On a recent trip to the south of France last June, I pulled in to a large Citroen dealership near Marseilles just to have a gander.
    Noticed 3 c6 sitting at the front with 20-30000kms. When asked about price the salesman said I could have any of them for US $20000,
    and he added: otherwise I you want a new one I can get you one for US$30000. It looked to me that they were near impossible to sell and they were willing to virtually take anything they could for them. You virtually don't see any in France being driven by private persons, they mostly seem to be either Government or Company executive. Although in 3500kms I did see one owned by a Citroen Tragic, it was so heavily customized it was obviously a fan of the marque.
    As I said before, during that trip I saw millions of the small C3-C4s, enough but not too many C5s, virtually no C6, no DS or CX-BX, but really what seemed still like hundreds of Diesel Xantias, especially green ones, everywhere......must have been a good car!
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

Wow, but I guess it's not that much of a suprise really, being such a large car. We went to Europe in 2010 and I only saw 2 C6s in the nearly 3 weeks we were away. One was in Monaco, the other was in Barcelona. I saw no Xantias, no BXs, one CX, and heaps of C5s being used as Taxi's. I spoke to one of the taxi drivers, he said he had used it as a taxi for 7 years and it had never failed him in any way. Just amazing. I asked him to open the bonnet. Everything was covered in dust, like nothing had been touched in 7 years.
    cheers...George 1/8th

JBN

Quote Originally Posted by George 1/8th View Post
    Wow, but I guess it's not that much of a suprise really, being such a large car. We went to Europe in 2010 and I only saw 2 C6s in the nearly 3 weeks we were away. One was in Monaco, the other was in Barcelona. I saw no Xantias, no BXs, one CX, and heaps of C5s being used as Taxi's. I spoke to one of the taxi drivers, he said he had used it as a taxi for 7 years and it had never failed him in any way. Just amazing. I asked him to open the bonnet. Everything was covered in dust, like nothing had been touched in 7 years.
    cheers...George 1/8th
    Thats the secret. We service our cars too much and fill up the Citroen thread with our problems.

John

Thread Information