CX2500 GTI Queensland
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Results 1 to 25 of 31
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: CX2500 GTI Queensland

  1. #1
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    adelaide
    Posts
    154

    Default CX2500 GTI Queensland

    Would this be the buy of the day. 1975 Citroen CX2500 GTI on Carsales price dropped to to$2950. Not my car and I know nothing about it, apparently it has a leak developed.

    Advertisement

  2. #2
    Fellow Frogger! IE23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    749

    Default



    Adrian

    _________________

    Current;

    Xantia V6 Exclusive Auto 2000


    Past;

    CX25 GTI Turbo series 1 1985
    DS23 IE Pallas 5sp 1974
    CX25ie Pallas Auto 1984 Parts
    2CV 1988
    CX25ie Pallas Auto 1984

  3. #3
    VIP Sponsor richo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hobart, the other planet
    Posts
    1,445

    Default

    A link for the curious
    1985 Citroen CX2500 GTi

  4. #4
    Too many posts! JohnW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Perth, WA, Australia
    Posts
    10,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by richo View Post
    A link for the curious
    1985 Citroen CX2500 GTi
    Wow, almost worth it for the steering wheel alone.

    Be interesting to plot CX values against time relative to, for example, Dino Ferraris.
    JohnW

    Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

    National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

  5. #5
    Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Ballarat,Vic,Aust.
    Posts
    16,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnW View Post
    Wow, almost worth it for the steering wheel alone.

    Be interesting to plot CX values against time relative to, for example, Dino Ferraris.
    Stunning car .... It must be one of the last ones sold in Australia. It has the plastic Series II door handles it's that late. No doubt it's cheap 'cos it needs new tires ..................................... Have you guys ever priced a 390mm TRX tire

    seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

    Yay ... No Slugomatics


    Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Morphett Vale S.A.
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Pity getting it to S.A. puts it out of my price range, not the SWMBO would let me have it ;-((

  7. #7
    Ashtray Polisher donat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    1,475

    Default

    I'd say it's well due for a set now, Shane


    Via the aussiefrogs App

    (oh you can remove
    1972 SM
    1989 BX 16 Valve

  8. #8
    1000+ Posts Greg C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,304

    Default

    The same door handles are on my 1982 Prestige. Tyres could be a bit pricey but after you buy them still under $5k.

    190/65HR390 MICHELIN TRX: CAR TYRE: ROAD: METRIC: TL from Vintage Tyre Supplies Ltd

    Hydraulic leak will be an easy fix. Tell me a better car you get for the money. There is none. From anywhere in Australia fly there and drive it home
    FedGrapes likes this.
    Mine

    CX Prestige
    Toyota Prius

    In the family

    Xantia SX

  9. #9
    Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Ballarat,Vic,Aust.
    Posts
    16,334

    Default

    Nah, it's these ones (at least for my CX it's the factory fit)

    210/55VR390 Michelin TRX | Buy Vintage Tyres Online - FAST DELIVERY WORLDWIDE
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

    Yay ... No Slugomatics


    Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

  10. #10
    1000+ Posts Greg C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,304

    Default

    But it is not a Turbo. 190/65HR390 for a Pallas. It was on option for the Prestige too.
    Mine

    CX Prestige
    Toyota Prius

    In the family

    Xantia SX

  11. #11
    Fellow Frogger
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    9,670

    Default

    Aside from the badging, a few blacked out strips and a steering wheel, what does this GTI have over the common 2500 Pallas? I wouldn't have thought there's a lot in it.

  12. #12
    Fellow Frogger
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    9,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnW View Post
    Wow, almost worth it for the steering wheel alone.

    Be interesting to plot CX values against time relative to, for example, Dino Ferraris.

    Inverse relationship. Maybe, a log-log plot could give you a big 'X' with two straight lines crossing?

  13. #13
    Ashtray Polisher donat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    1,475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post
    Aside from the badging, a few blacked out strips and a steering wheel, what does this GTI have over the common 2500 Pallas? I wouldn't have thought there's a lot in it.
    The TRX tyres, fog lights under the bumper, that itchy seat fabric, rear headrests (which the Pallas's probably had by that point).... ummm.... that's all I've got.
    1972 SM
    1989 BX 16 Valve

  14. #14
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    adelaide
    Posts
    154

    Default

    Can anyone tell me what the difference between the CX 2500 GTI and the CX 2500IE of the same year. Always did wonder. As most were sold as automatic, was it just badging and pricing.

  15. #15
    Fellow Frogger! IE23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tazzy View Post
    Can anyone tell me what the difference between the CX 2500 GTI and the CX 2500IE of the same year. Always did wonder. As most were sold as automatic, was it just badging and pricing.
    Trim is black not chrome. Interior detailing.
    Front wheels wider track (I believe) ?
    TRX tyres


    Adrian

    _________________

    Current;

    Xantia V6 Exclusive Auto 2000


    Past;

    CX25 GTI Turbo series 1 1985
    DS23 IE Pallas 5sp 1974
    CX25ie Pallas Auto 1984 Parts
    2CV 1988
    CX25ie Pallas Auto 1984

  16. #16
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    adelaide
    Posts
    154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IE23 View Post
    Trim is black not chrome. Interior detailing.
    Front wheels wider track (I believe) ?
    TRX tyres
    Thank you.

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Toowoomba
    Posts
    34

    Default

    What is it with the a/c on the CX model? Are they a weak unit or can they be fixed to function perfectly?
    I'd love to acquire the CX on offer but is it impossible to get the a/c working well?

    A luxury car without air doesn't compute.

    Thoughts on how to fix the a/c greatly appreciated.

  18. #18
    Too many posts! JohnW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Perth, WA, Australia
    Posts
    10,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scott h View Post
    What is it with the a/c on the CX model? Are they a weak unit or can they be fixed to function perfectly?
    I'd love to acquire the CX on offer but is it impossible to get the a/c working well?

    A luxury car without air doesn't compute.

    Thoughts on how to fix the a/c greatly appreciated.
    The problem is that the car is a huge heat sink, poorly insulated and poorly ventilated. There are several threads on this subject I think, or were...

    It is 40 degrees in Perth today. A spin in the mighty CX? No thanks.
    Last edited by JohnW; 16th December 2013 at 09:16 AM.
    FedGrapes likes this.
    JohnW

    Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

    National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

  19. #19
    Fellow Frogger
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    9,670

    Default

    It's a tiny evaporator, the hot coolant runs through the heater core all the time (unless a tap is fitted), it has a lot of glass and just seems to absorb heat. Not the ideal summer car. Cars with rear air units are preferable, but you lose some boot space.

  20. #20
    Fellow Frogger! caparobertsan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    SOUTH MORANG
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Can anyone buy this car? I want buy this but I cannot! I showed pic to my wife and She really hate its looks and no space here anyway..so there is no way I will buy this one Unless I win 70 million tomorrow so I can buy a large property to store all the interesting classic vehicles!
    1961 Citroen ID19(2010~), Holden Frontera(R.I.P 2002-2014), Honda Accord EURO(2006~)

  21. #21
    Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Ballarat,Vic,Aust.
    Posts
    16,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caparobertsan View Post
    Can anyone buy this car? I want buy this but I cannot! I showed pic to my wife and She really hate its looks and no space here anyway..so there is no way I will buy this one Unless I win 70 million tomorrow so I can buy a large property to store all the interesting classic vehicles!
    I think I need to have a chat with your wife .... She's supposed to like the way it looks..... But hate everything else about the car after you have owned the car for 6months and she's travelled in it on a hot day, and had a couple of "unplanned stops" on the side of the road

    Go for it !!! I'd have bought that car in a heartbeat if I was looking for a CX. Car such as that one (unrestored, tidy, uncremated original, un-messed with) cars NEVER come on the market ... Infact I didn't think they existed!

    seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

    Yay ... No Slugomatics


    Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

  22. #22
    Fellow Frogger! caparobertsan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    SOUTH MORANG
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post
    I think I need to have a chat with your wife .... She's supposed to like the way it looks..... But hate everything else about the car after you have owned the car for 6months and she's travelled in it on a hot day, and had a couple of "unplanned stops" on the side of the road

    Go for it !!! I'd have bought that car in a heartbeat if I was looking for a CX. Car such as that one (unrestored, tidy, uncremated original, un-messed with) cars NEVER come on the market ... Infact I didn't think they existed!

    seeya,
    Shane L.
    Can I park it at your property if I buy it!? Your wife would NOT notice if one more Cit poped up will she?
    David S likes this.
    1961 Citroen ID19(2010~), Holden Frontera(R.I.P 2002-2014), Honda Accord EURO(2006~)

  23. #23
    Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Ballarat,Vic,Aust.
    Posts
    16,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caparobertsan View Post
    Can I park it at your property if I buy it!? Your wife would NOT notice if one more Cit poped up will she?
    Yeah sure ... Don't be suprised if you find "extra" milage on it when you come get it though
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

    Yay ... No Slugomatics


    Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

  24. #24
    Fellow Frogger! caparobertsan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    SOUTH MORANG
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post
    Yeah sure ... Don't be suprised if you find "extra" milage on it when you come get it though
    Ok no worries Can need to be driven occasionally anyway. Good to know where I stand. Thanks mate. Serious!
    1961 Citroen ID19(2010~), Holden Frontera(R.I.P 2002-2014), Honda Accord EURO(2006~)

  25. #25
    1000+ Posts Richard W's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    it looks like your dilemma is now solved - car now comes up as 'no longer available'

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •