C5 blower always on
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default C5 blower always on

Hi, my blower wasn't working showing all the symptoms that I needed to replace the heater blower motor. After pulling out the blower module (thanks AF for that one , the previous owner had soldered the wires directly to the pcb, and didn't do a great job so I bought a replacement off ebay:

6441L2 Heater Blower Resistor FOR Peugeot 107 207 607 Citroen C5 C3 C2 Renault | eBay

After wiring the thing up last night, now the fan stays on continuously. The few threads I've found on this issue say to buy the part I just bought.

Advertisement

The display seems to work, responds to touches for the first few presses(fan still on full though), then fan on the display shows no bars but still blowing at full.

What else should I look at?

Thanks, Gareth

Fellow Frogger!

I had the same symptoms in my C5. I replaced the "thermistor" in the module and all was good. So I think you are looking in the correct area. Dud replacement??

Fellow Frogger!

the "thermistor"? is that the 3 pin transistor thing that needs to be soldered on?

UPDATE: It appears the old one still works. I had to make a new plug for the wires to plug into the blower and the old one is running without a hitch.... wonder why the previous owner decided remove a working unit, break the plastic plugs to solder the wires directly on the PCB?
    Last edited by garethb; 3rd December 2013 at 10:49 PM.

Thread Information