It's getting to be that time of year again
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: It's getting to be that time of year again

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Default It's getting to be that time of year again

A great time of year when you have young kids ..... So time for a yard clean up

Sit some of the missing panels back on and give it a hose down.

For some reason my wife wasn't really impressed when I said I was going to put this lovely garden sculpture up on the nature strip for all the neighbours to see

Advertisement

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails It's getting to be that time of year again-p1160635.jpg   It's getting to be that time of year again-p1160636.jpg   It's getting to be that time of year again-p1160639.jpg   It's getting to be that time of year again-p1160640.jpeg   It's getting to be that time of year again-p1160645.jpeg   It's getting to be that time of year again-p1160647.jpeg  

It's getting to be that time of year again-p1160654.jpeg   It's getting to be that time of year again-p1160656.jpeg   It's getting to be that time of year again-54ka6.gif  
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Absolutely sensational!!!

You are certifiably a Citroen tragic, I bet the kids think you are the best dad in the world - what a great memory for them - get the best pictures you can and involve the kids - Magical!!!

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Brilliant Shane, yes please come and do one at my place. I'll bet you'll get more orders than just mine.
    74/75 DS23 Pallas 5 Speed Carby

83 2CV Charleston

79 GSA
    03 Peugeot 406 Hdi
    01 Renault Scenic

What a marvelous sight. I bet you are the only one in the street with such imaginative Christmas decorations. Beautifully done. Makes our lights look very pedestrian!
    FedGrapes likes this.
    Current Cars
    Australia's 2016 C5 2.0HDi Last
    2011 C5 2.0HDi Comfort
    1973 Citroen D Super 5,
    1981 Citroen CX 2400 Pallas C-matic,
    1981 Citroen CX 2400ie Super Familiale C-matic - Raid Arctique 2014
    1991 Mazda E2200
    1924 Citroen 'la petit citron'

1000+ Posts

Ihave an id19 in front yard overgrown with a fig as a garden ornament but yours beats it hands down;must get lights on it,Andy

Magnificent! Santa wants to trade in his sleigh for one of those.
    1970 D Super. (Little Miss Petite).

To quote Maxwell Smart........"And Loving It!"

That has got to be the funniest thing I have seen in years!

Picturing Santa on top of a CX wagon, being pulled by a herd of 2CVs...
    Kenfuego likes this.

Driving - '90 XM, '85 CX IE Auto, 406 Coupe, 405 srdt wagon, '78 dyane, Resting (or Rusting): '73 Birotor '82 CX Presitige, '81 CX Break IE, GS X2, GS1015 Wagon, GS 1300 5sp Wagon, '76 GS 1220 Wagon, '75 GS Wagon, '58 2CV, '58 Vauxhall Velox

1000+ Posts

Default Wonderful thread hope it sparks Christmas displays of cars everywhere!!

Fantastic, as usual Shane you come up with wonderland projects. what a classic decorative effect and just the stylish shape to make its own statement, Fan [email protected]@dy tastic - Dad of the year or Citroen tragic, I really don't care it's great!!

Damn watch that someone doesn't pinch it!!

Ken

I think those pics need to go into the DS appreciation thread. People might not find them in this thread.

Why is it not up on the roof?

Thank God for my Hydroen harrisson_citroen's Avatar

You've really inspired me......Now I'm going down to the shed to do it to mine as well , and then......drive to Brisbane!
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

Are you hoping that Santa will come by and collect the old one, leaving a newly restored one in its place?
    Cheers Gerry

Fellow Frogger!

Shane, you have got far to much spare time on your hands! Next we know you will be in the running for The Courier Christmas lights competition!

Nicely done Shane...applause from the Renault camp. .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails It's getting to be that time of year again-bravo-060.gif  

I love it! It's bloody beautiful!
    David M likes this.

I'm sure Greenblood could also animate it and have all these lights flashing...........what a treat!!!

Via the aussiefrogs App

ooops.....hadn't noticed there already is an animated gif there......

You'd have to be insane right Ang is insistant I have to remove it off the nature strip before the neighbours get p!$$ed and the police knock on the door ..... I think it's a fantastic garden sculpture, not only that, were the only people that don't have to worry about someone stealing our christmas decorations

seeya,
    Shane L.
    UFO likes this.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Tell Ang it's perfectly legal. As long as it is within 100 metres of your property entrance you don't have to fill in the log book. And if you towed it there and didn't drive it there it does not have to be in a safe condition for use on a highway.

You could make it look a bit more presentable by putting hub caps on it, even if you make them from tinfoil and masking tape. And stick a windscreen on it. That way it will look like a complete car in the daylight, and Ang just might cope with it.

Roger

1000+ Posts

Icon14 Inciting this..

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post
    You'd have to be insane right Ang is insistant I have to remove it off the nature strip before the neighbours get p!$$ed and the police knock on the door ..... I think it's a fantastic garden sculpture, not only that, were the only people that don't have to worry about someone stealing our christmas decorations

seeya,
    Shane L.
    Ang is probably right on the money, as it is an offence to abandon/park a car on the Nature strip, and visually intrusive during the day, some Nerk/Berk will probably report it as an abandoned piece of junk

Perhaps you should put a large portly but colourful Santa behind the wheel, and park a garish reindeer on top for during the day to emphasise the purpose for daytime viewing, plus some tinsel stuff wound on the light displays, then top it off with a santa snow message sprayed on the car itself, "Merry Christmas" or suchlike, then when Grinch comes along and wants to sticker the abandoned car for removal, or issue an infringement notice, you have a legitimate "Look at the Officialdom Grinch mentality" complaint that will attract attention of the Media and go viral on U tube with the kids pleading for Dad's Christmas Goodwill message, Oh and add a message about saving the planet on the car, this would get you instant support, instead of the usual grumbles about spoiling the visual environment..

I am sure that others will think of even better ways to enhance the message - perhaps enlist you neighbours support for a Street/Road Christmas and Peace and goodwill to all message - Officialdom would have a hard time stopping that sort of mass response, especially if they give scant attention to the upkeep of roads and drains etc in your locality.

Good Luck!

Ken

Is it on the nature strip or in the front yard? The front yard close to the fence is perfectly legal!
    citmad likes this.
    Cheers Gerry

Quote Originally Posted by rmac View Post
    What a marvelous sight. I bet you are the only one in the street with such imaginative Christmas decorations. Beautifully done. Makes our lights look very pedestrian!
    This made me think you'd grabbed a passerby, and given that poor pedestrian the same treatment!

I think I might have to buy some shiny lights and roll the 504 wreck into the front yard!

Good one Shane, looks fab, even better in the photos when you can't see the car, just the lights. This brings me to my idea. Why don't you take the car away and leave the lights. The setup looks great at night because you can't see the car, just the dot to dot image and the sight is obviously not everyones cup of tea during the day because you can see the car (you could've used a better one). I don't know how you would remove the car and leave the lights without disturbing them but a resourceful fellow like you will work it out.
    cheers Tony

Quote Originally Posted by deesse View Post
    Good one Shane, looks fab, even better in the photos when you can't see the car, just the lights. This brings me to my idea. Why don't you take the car away and leave the lights. The setup looks great at night because you can't see the car, just the dot to dot image and the sight is obviously not everyones cup of tea during the day because you can see the car (you could've used a better one). I don't know how you would remove the car and leave the lights without disturbing them but a resourceful fellow like you will work it out.
    cheers Tony
    But, but, but ..... how shitty it looks in the daylight is the whole idea of it :rofmao: It's amazing how many cars slow down to look ( Ang tells me they do all day in the daylight too )

seeya,
    shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

JBN

Shane. It looks terrific. So that you don't get booked for illegally parking your car, could I perhaps borrow the number plates for the Christmas season? I'll give them a good workout and send them back in the New Year.

If you get any unwanted correspondence, take a photo of your car (minus the roof, etc) but with the number plates attached and remind them that it hasn't been driven for over 20 years. Ask them for evidence that it was exceeding the speed limit.

John

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information