DS3 Foot rest
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: DS3 Foot rest

Fellow Frogger!

Default DS3 Foot rest

When I took delivery of the ds3 all 3 pedals accelerator,brake,& clutch were covered in aluminium drilled plate no more rubber, something twiged No Matching foot rest it looked rather odd I called in to the selling dealer and pointed this out, i was told that it comes as an accessory, so off to the spare parts, Mr spareparts activated his P/C after a while he declared that footrest part only comes in LEFT HAND drive DS3, something was missing, mr spareparts went on and advised that the Right Hand version would be available in the near future, it like some condoms are for left handed and others right hand, im not sure there if a condom comes in between left and right, as I left Mr spareparts (and I must have had a sort of a very strange look on my face) Mr spareparts enquired are you ok, i then asked where are the mens room was, by this time he Mr spareparts had a somewhat worried look on his face, I decided that it was me, somehow I had lost the plot, and went home in my DS3, that evening my 10 year old grandchild told me to Google it, at this piont I was not sure if I was going onto some site not approate to my requirements, was able to find that in the UK they do have a such in the middle, that is Left and Right, and one fits all unlike some comdoms, thats as far as I go, and the part number is and its a Citroen/Pug part P/N 9646 H1, cost 27uk pounds cost in Ausi $60.00 and part sits on the left, come to think of it Judy (wife) is left handed, and i am right handed, little kids know everything, i'm not taking you fishing again, S/A. Tony

Advertisement

Perhaps the footrest on the RHD is not the same dimensions as the LHD cars. The gap between clutch and the centre console tends to bugger all on the RHD cars, at least with the Pugs I've had (which come with same sort of aluminium pedals as the DS3). On the LHD cars, the footrest is mounted on the wheelarch side which seems to have more room.

Had a look at Citroen Service box and I found the dimensions of of P/N 9646 H1 as being 170mm x 65mm.

Can you actually USE the footrest on the DS3? On my Picasso it's higher then the pedals so both mine and the wife's left foot ends up beside/behind the brake pedal!

DS3 footrest is perfectly useable in an auto, don't know about the manual pedal configuration.
    I'm tempted to buy a cover just because I think I'll probably wear the carpet out there it gets used so much. In the (manual) Xsara this was the one point where the carpet wore through in the 9 years I had it, and I've read on the UK DS3 forum of people having problems with their DS3 carpets wearing through.
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GS Pallas; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

Fellow Frogger!

I have installed the aluminium foot rest as per the instructions it came with 4x33mm screws there no issues,I was assured that one size fits both LEFT & RIGHT and is a perfict fit and no interference with the clutch and is aligned with with all 3 pedal's, In the UK other ds3 owners are not happy because the sales brochure may contravene the consumer because the said sales brochure clearly shows a Aluminium foot rest in place along with all 3 pedals, it beggers to belive that the engineers got it wrong, and the only reason to put in place that simple item was to protect the floor carpet, my previous Citroen C5 had a problem with a hole I was quoted over $1K for a replacement front carpet. Tony

Thread Information