Adding a key and the code card. '06 C5
  • Register
  • Help

Default Adding a key and the code card. '06 C5

Hi all. Comfortable new owner of a 2l diesel am6 '06 c5 . Only came with one key though. I've read up on the ins and outs of the key system. Citroen wanted $450 for a new programed & cut fob.

I was interested in trying to do it myself. Just with a blank Virgin non fob key. So for this and also general reasons I've ordered a clone lexia.

The car didn't come with the code card though.

Do I need this code to add a 2nd key ?

If so can I get it from anyone on these forums? I've found discusion about it on other forums but they look down apon first posters asking for this and I'd rather try here first as this will be the forum I'd be most interested in using.

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Advertisement

If a dealer here does not recognise the value of goodwill, you can get the code from a fellow in Ireland, he runs the "citroencodes" website. About £25 for the mechanical code and four character programming code together. Very quick; a request now would have it by midnight but as a non trade customer you might have to supply proof of identity/ownership. Then get an engraved plastic card made up by one of the Fleabayers.

FWIW I charge $140+ for this job at the customer's premises, including supply of codes.

im not in too big a rush, thanks for the tips. what is the plastic engraved card for ?

You have it engraved with the VIN, mechanical (key cutting) code and the secure access code. Just a business card size. Then you slip it in with the owner's books.

On older cars (low theft risk) I encourage people to write the code on their BSI as a backup.

ok thanks, what is the secure access code ?

That's your four character code punched in to code keys with.

For a 2002 HDI in Melbourne is there someone who can do similar to your service?
    FWIW I charge $140+ for this job at the customer's premises, including supply of codes.

Thread Information