C5 open window in ecomomy mode.
  • Register
  • Help

Default C5 open window in ecomomy mode.

Hi all. i need to close the drivers window on my C5. it has put itself into economy mode (while being towed home, hence the open window), so nothing works. I would like the window to be closed as the car is now parked on the street and as the engine is failing to proceed, i can't follow the normal proceedure of "start the engine to get put of economy mode" So you can see my dilema.

Advertisement
    PvA
    C5,
    2cv
    minimatic
    moke,
    another moke
    Vermorel

Quote Originally Posted by smatic View Post
    Hi all. i need to close the drivers window on my C5. it has put itself into economy mode (while being towed home, hence the open window), so nothing works. I would like the window to be closed as the car is now parked on the street and as the engine is failing to proceed, i can't follow the normal proceedure of "start the engine to get put of economy mode" So you can see my dilema.
    I'm not sure why you can't turn the ignition key and use the switch, must be something I'm missing with regard to 'economy mode'?

Have you tried using the key plip? We often use ours to close windows after a drive. The window button on the early cars is the lower of the three - not sure which model you have.

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

2003 hdi. when in eco mode nothing electrical works except central locking and engine start. forgot to try the windows button on the remote!!. i've only had the beast a couple of months. I have had success though. I've repeatedly tied to start it in the vain hope it would actually go. crank crank cough splutter off on, crank crank cough splutter off on, crank crank cough splutter off on, crank crank cough splutter off on, crank crank cough splutter off on, ooh look! eco mode has switched off. the xsara does it to if you sit listening to the radio for to long with the engine off, but i've just started it as it hasn't had an engine problem!I didn't actually know what eco mode was until today. NOW i do!
    PvA
    C5,
    2cv
    minimatic
    moke,
    another moke
    Vermorel

2003 hdi. when in eco mode nothing electrical works except central locking and engine start. forgot to try the windows button on the remote!!. i've only had the beast a couple of months. I have had success though. I've repeatedly tied to start it in the vain hope it would actually go. crank crank cough splutter off on, crank crank cough splutter off on, crank crank cough splutter off on, crank crank cough splutter off on, crank crank cough splutter off on, ooh look! eco mode has switched off. the xsara does it to if you sit listening to the radio for to long with the engine off, but i've just started it as it hasn't had an engine problem!I didn't actually know what eco mode was until today. NOW i do!
    Excellent, sounds like you've had a win - windows up and locked?

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Fellow Frogger

... engine is failing to proceed, ...
    Have you figured out why it won't run? As a start, you might check for a burnt pin connector on the engine bay relay/fuse box as the early HDi has an electric fuel pump that can stop working for that reason.

Thread Information