2CV Bonnet needed
  • Register
  • Help
    UFO

Default 2CV Bonnet needed

No not for me - but for a local friend.

One of their car collection is a bright green 2CV that JBN may remember from a RAID a few years ago - the one where the owner thought it was a rally/race and when after a few days he realised it wasn't and he went home...

Anyway, our friends bought the 2CV and have been using it as part of the family fleet for some years. Their 19y/o grand daughter was driving it recently and the bonnet flew open and is of course damaged. They would like to source a replacment.

It is a later 602CC model with disc brakes etc - if that is any help in determining the exact type of bonnet required.

Advertisement

If you can help or can point me in the right direction please either reply below or PM me.

Thanks
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

I am sorry to say that the two main sources in France, Club Cassis and MCDA are out of stock. Worse, when they had them they were 575 euros each.
    I think that they must be having problems this time round with the gold plating.

Here they are second hand - a good one is around 115 euros
    citroen-2cv-dyane-Pièces détachées Citroen
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by UFO View Post
    No not for me - but for a local friend.

One of their car collection is a bright green 2CV that JBN may remember from a RAID a few years ago - the one where the owner thought it was a rally/race and when after a few days he realised it wasn't and he went home...

Anyway, our friends bought the 2CV and have been using it as part of the family fleet for some years. Their 19y/o grand daughter was driving it recently and the bonnet flew open and is of course damaged. They would like to source a replacment.

It is a later 602CC model with disc brakes etc - if that is any help in determining the exact type of bonnet required.

If you can help or can point me in the right direction please either reply below or PM me.

Thanks
    I have one, it has a few little dents in it. If he arranges and pays for the shipment he can have it for $10.00 The bonnet is in Perth.

Fellow Frogger!

I have a fibreglass bonnet I've been meaning to use on mt car which would free up my original bonnet...
    I've also been considering making a mould of the fibreglass one so it can be reproduced. The biggest issue with the one I have is that they didn't incorporate the hinge into it, I have a hinge bit need to modify it to work.

What I really want is an early bonnet... anyone have a spare in any type of condition?

Harley

Sent via the future...

JBN

Considering how much strife (rust) the hinge on the windscreen section causes, it might make sense to redesign the whole hinge setup for a fibreglass one. Remove the hinge from the windscreen panel, fill the spot welds and repaint. Then use conventional hinges, mounted on the firewall. No more rust.

John

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by JBN View Post
    Considering how much strife (rust) the hinge on the windscreen section causes, it might make sense to redesign the whole hinge setup for a fibreglass one. Remove the hinge from the windscreen panel, fill the spot welds and repaint. Then use conventional hinges, mounted on the firewall. No more rust.

John
    Geeze... with all the tinkering and modifying that I have done I never even thought of that...
    Luv ya work JBN!

Harley

Thread Information