Xantia CT Turbo : How to disable the security code system ?
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Xantia CT Turbo : How to disable the security code system ?

The Xantia CT Turbo I recently bought has a working security code system which is a pain in the ...s !
    Can some kind person help my sanity & tell me how to disable it please.
    My old VSX system was disabled when I bought it.
    The instruction book tells how to change the code, or put in a temporary one for the mechanic, but not how to stop it completely.

Cheers,
    Richard

PS What are the current recommendations for sphere suppliers ?

Advertisement

Enter code as normal so that you get the green light, then disconnect the plug from the back of the keypad. Job done.

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks Mungous, but there is a way of doing it without physically disconnecting the keypad so that it can be used if the occasion warrants the extra security. My old VSX did not require the code , but had the light flashing when the ignition was off. In fact I never had the original code to recommission it.

Richard

In my old XM it was possible to disable the code without disconnecting anything, while still allowing the code to be reactivated easily. In my new XM you have to use Mungous's solution. I suspect Xantiae have evolved similarly.

I decided to embrace the code and now entering it does not bother me. Have you tried that solution? Step 1: repeat after me, entering the code is not a pain in the ..se.

Roger

UFO

Roger, IIRC, on a Xantia the code pad is in front of the gearstick, not in the convenient location ala XM. It is a pain to get to in the Xantia.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Fellow Frogger!

Not sure what is the biggest pain in our CT turbo, finding the key and turning door lock or entering the code. All is forgotten once under way.
    I have been told that the security pads do fail eventually as a matter of course......usually at night, p-ssing rain and when running late for an appointment.

1000+ Posts

Pulling out the fuse after entering the code disables the pad - trouble is a few other things stop working as well

Fellow Frogger!

Hey Moulton2speed, why are you turning the key in the door lock ? See my & other recent postings on replacing the brain & remote with $60.00 universal kit.
    The CT sure is a different drive from the standard Xantia !!!!

Richard

Fellow Frogger!

I had someone attempt to steal my Xantia CT, The key pad stopped them! Ever since I have never resented having to key in the code!!!

Regards

agd123

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by agd123 View Post
    I had someone attempt to steal my Xantia CT, The key pad stopped them! Ever since I have never resented having to key in the code!!!

Regards

agd123
    I once gave code to an idiot in a car wash;he had the 3 goes and it shut up shop. Had to push the b out of the tunnel. Half an hour later started so i know it works.

Thread Information