[Franckfurt Motorshow] CitroŽn Cactus Concept: 2014 C4 Cactus preview !!!
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By lamoor
  • 1 Post By JBN

Thread: [Franckfurt Motorshow] CitroŽn Cactus Concept: 2014 C4 Cactus preview !!!

Fellow Frogger!

Icon14 [Franckfurt Motorshow] CitroŽn Cactus Concept: 2014 C4 Cactus preview !!!

Hi,

Today thursday CitroŽn unveiled pictures of an incredible and interesting concept-car, which will be made(about 80%)for sale as a C-model car next year !!!!
    Citroen Cactus Concept (2013)

The concept-car will be unveiled in Francfurt next week, then the 100% for sale version will be showed beginning 2014(pictures)then in Geneva Motorshow...

Advertisement

Unfortuneately don't dream: despite it's a clear compact SUV, there won't be any 4WD versions

Default cactus

Quote Originally Posted by Pugster View Post
    Hi,

Today thursday CitroŽn unveiled pictures of an incredible and interesting concept-car, which will be made(about 80%)for sale as a C-model car next year !!!!
    Citroen Cactus Concept (2013)

The concept-car will be unveiled in Francfurt next week, then the 100% for sale version will be showed beginning 2014(pictures)then in Geneva Motorshow...

Unfortuneately don't dream: despite it's a clear compact SUV, there won't be any 4WD versions
    love the detailing
    Mort Subite likes this.

1000+ Posts

Dash certainly different?-Full front seats-not so individual-how does one make their own seating position comfortable.

Will certainly turn heads which WILL translate into SALES !!!.

If they make it Yep I want to buy one!
    1961 Citroen ID19(2010~), Holden Frontera(R.I.P 2002-2014), Honda Accord EURO(2006~)

What an unfortunate name. To me, when something is cactus, it's broken, dead or defunct. Mind you, in my opinion, the name fits the design. It's bloody horrible. And no all wheel/4 wheel drive! A waste on space on our already over crowded roads.

Too watered down from the original concept car for one thing. Plus it looks like another urban SUV. Therefore thumbs down from me
    Mine

CX Prestige
    Toyota Prius

In the family

Xantia SX

Fellow Frogger!

Very Scion, Landrover & Mini. All very popular with Asian markets. Design your own on line. Will be popular in Melbourne.

Adrian

Current;

Xantia V6 Exclusive Auto 2000

Past;

CX25 GTI Turbo series 1 1985
    DS23 IE Pallas 5sp 1974
    CX25ie Pallas Auto 1984 Parts
    2CV 1988
    CX25ie Pallas Auto 1984

It looks like it has been squashed. Why is that. Is it because inhabitants like the tiny windows or the door sills coming up to their shoulder or that their kids can't see a @#&*%%! thing and will vomit in no time? Or is it that it gives a gangsta look like a chop top which car designers think is so desirable today. It's a cheap trick. Soon we won't be able to see out of a car at all with their little slit windows and big thick roof pillars. But we won't need to because we will have driverless control with video monitoring in all directions available on an app on out smart phone. Just in case you were wondering, you really do look like a effing idiot if you own a car like that. To hell in a hand bag.
    cheers Tony

Here are photos of the original C-Cactus. Plus this one weighs 1108kg about 200kg lighter and does 2.9l/100km with a diesel hybrid drivetrain. Progress?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -07118001.jpg   -07118005.jpg   -07118010.jpg   -07118014.jpg  
    Mine

CX Prestige
    Toyota Prius

In the family

Xantia SX

Quote Originally Posted by Greg C View Post
    The rear vision sight lines look very poor from that image.
    Seems to be in keeping with modern car design though.

Jo

Fellow Frogger!

001_2012 - Servimg.com - Free image hosting service

First official picture of the C4 Cactus ???
    Answer tomorrow wednesday...

JBN

I think "Cactus" is an unfortunate name for a particular model, when the public at large think that Citroen is cactus.

John
    donat likes this.

Reading through the text again on the reason's the car is styled the way it is I could not find one paragraph where my subconscious said bullshit except the one on the hybrid air system, something to welcome.

In my view a breakthrough car like they are claiming this one is should have two overriding themes, maximum economy possible, therefore aerodynamics drive the styling exclusively. Something that is part of Ciotroen's DNA although you have to go to the ancestors graves to get any of it.
    Last edited by Greg C; 6th February 2014 at 12:37 PM.
    Mine

CX Prestige
    Toyota Prius

In the family

Xantia SX

Fellow Frogger!

Official pics revealed
    Citroen C4 Cactus (2015)

You also have plenty of pics of the car in different colours(total of 21 combinations between frame and airbumbs in different colors!!!)in live during the press conference in Bourget(Paris)this evening...looks very great

Fellow Frogger!

Default [Franckfurt Motorshow] CitroŽn Cactus Concept: 2014 C4 Cactus preview !!!

Isn't cactus said by the kids as slang for something that is broken/stuffed? Name change required as JBN suggested.
    Citroen C5 II manual '05; C4 Exculsive '07; Citroen CX2200 Pallas '76; CX2400 C-matic Pallas '78

Is this really how they want it known?
    Urban Dictionary: cactus
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

Loved the original 2007 C-Cactus, very unique. I would love one but in diesel like the original. Cactus = doesn't need much to drink.
    Very loveable like the DS, 2CV & SM.
    DS 21
    C4 HDI
    Piaggio Fly 125

Thumbs up from me! I think it's great. Something genuinely different. Nowhere near Mehari-cool, but, in terms of modern hatchbacks, it's something that stands out.

Seems eminently practical too.

Looks like, at this rate, it'll be a success within the target market!

Fellow Frogger!

We wont see a car like this here in Australia so why worry about it. The change over to a new importer has done nothing for the brand still 3 year warranty, crap overpriced service, 600 mil oil missing from engines each oil change. etc non original tow bars sold as original equipment based on lies. they can't even bring in a brilliant car that would sell well and that is the 5 seat Picasso. it would be a cheaper, better equipped and safer vehicle for the mummy's to take precious to school than the 3 ton SUV brigade currently outside our schools battling the lolly pop police. They have to offer incentives to sell the DS4 as its not the seller they thought it would be. They have lost me as a customer. Selling cars just to enthusiast in this day and age is a recipe for financial collapse as we have seen in PSA's bottom line heading this way.

Fellow Frogger!

Fellow Frogger!

In the same time as the production C4 Cactus, CitroŽn will display in Geneva a "concept-car" based C4 Cactus Aventure
    http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/citroen...ncept-revealed

By the way, first pics of the production C4 Cactus taken on a car park outside !!! Looks very good to my eyes(especially the red one)
    planŤte citroŽn

Tadpole

I like the overwhelming focus on lightness rather than more power.

It may not be a Citroen from the 50s/60s but the spirit remains the same, and that should be applauded.
    2012 Citroen DS3 Dsport.
    Was 2010 VW Golf R.

Fellow Frogger!

Official, Darby Motors decided the C4 Cactus to be imported in Australia next year

Thread Information