DS 21 front end rattles
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default DS 21 front end rattles

Greetings
    Eliminating all the rattles from the D front end is proving to be quite a challenge.So far I have dealt with all the ball joints,tie rods and steering relays -fixing as required.Adjustment of all the anti roll bar links produced further improvment.But some nasty rattles remain.The only things I havn,t checked are the Roll bar bushes.All comments welcome.
    Woody

Advertisement

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

yeah check the rollbar bearings. When I was 16 I pulled the engine and gearbox from my fathers DSpecial so the suspension tubes could be welded. I can't remember why, but I pulled the rollbar bearings off. It knocked after re-assembly. I obviously didn't assemble the bearings correctly.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Fellow Frogger!

Brian,

If the 'rattle' seems to be coming from the glove box area and/or the steering column area on RHD cars check carefully the right hand side engine mount. It is the one that typically collapses first and the bottom metal plate can then come in contact with the support bracket on the bulkhead over minor undulations. Additionally check the mounting of the air cleaner (there are rubber isolation bushings that collapse over time) as well as the securing bolts/nuts holding the exhaust manifold heat shields.

Steve

Thread Information